Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• edited February 2019
    Pearce not going to get a first team place back at this rate!
  • Blimey, i thought we would walk that with the team we put out. Maybe we should be looking at the Petebro youngsters
  • edited February 2019
    Redhenry said:
    Blimey, i thought we would walk that with the team we put out. Maybe we should be looking at the Petebro youngsters
    Isnt their No.7 the kid they signed from Man City?

He tore us apart when Oxford beat us 3-2 at the Valley last season
  • edited February 2019
    That was rubbish and decided to walk out after their fourth to go swimming. How we ever gave RHF a new contract and how Bowyer decided to play him as a lone striker at Fleetwood beggars belief. 

Really wanted to check out this Wassim. He looked good in the cameo I saw. Match ruined by a terrible pitch.
  • edited February 2019
    So we beat Watford 4-1 and lose 4-1 to the Posh ! Unlike a few years ago when the nuclear of the team was the same every werk bar the odd 1st team player coming back from injury. This season Morgan, Lapslie and Dijksteel have progressed to the 1st team squad.

At least Vetokele got more minutes under his belt and got into goal scoring positions even if he missed more than he scored.

• Vetokele and Kennedy put a lot of effort in today. RHF was awful. Can't control a ball or pass or shoot. Wassim looks promising.
  • At least Vetokele got more minutes under his belt and got into goal scoring positions even if he missed more than he scored.

Show me a striker, anywhere that doesn't do this.

Karlan and Taylor would get away 5or6 shots per game and only bag one or two between them.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    At least Vetokele got more minutes under his belt and got into goal scoring positions even if he missed more than he scored.

Show me a striker, anywhere that doesn't do this.

Karlan and Taylor would get away 5or6 shots per game and only bag one or two between them.
    Roy Race.
  • Anyone know if Fridays game at The Valley will be same as Palace game ST holders free and £1 for juniors??
  • Sponsored links:

• Jason Euell’s U23s squad are back in action at The Valley on Friday afternoon when they host Sheffield Wednesday (2pm).
    Supporters are welcome to attend Friday’s match at The Valley with season-ticket holders and Valley Gold members able to gain free entry. They must show their season/membership cards in order to gain free entry. Admission is otherwise priced at £3 adults, £2 concessions and £1 juniors at the turnstiles of the lower West Stand.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c7910e84b2a7/u23s-preview-charlton-v-sheffield-wednesday
  • If you are going to the Valley the museum is open today until 2.30pm

Is it free entrance

Is it free entrance
    Yes, always free although donations are welcome
  • Here's how our U23s will line up against @swfc... XI: Newcombe, Yao, Bowry, Stevenson, Scott, Maloney (c), Morgan, Odoh, Doughty, Hackett-Fairchild, Parker. Subs: Ibrahim, Birch, Cummings, Kennedy, Ocran. #cafc
  • Doesn't look like Reeco or Parker will be playing at Donny tomorrow then.

Best news is that Morgan is back.
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Aouachria is not in the squad could he be with the team toms 
    Or he's another one struck down by the virus?
  • Good to be here at the valley to see the stars of our League 2 campaign in 20/21.

Just Lewis Page and Jake Forster-Caskey left now in the care of the Physio
  • Sponsored links:

• So if both Parker and Reeco are playing here, who's the striker on the bench for Donny, or are we starting with Marshall as a striker again?

He's played right back, right wing back, right midfield, central midfield (in one of the cups) and up front, and probably at the tip of the diamond and maybe even left midfield too within some games. However I'd much rather see him on the bench as a cover/ an impact player and we actually play people in their correct positions

One of them is a sick note, the other coming off the back of a horrible injury. Fingers crossed they are both back soon though
  • sam3110 said:
    So if both Parker and Reeco are playing here, who's the striker on the bench for Donny, or are we starting with Marshall as a striker again?

He's played right back, right wing back, right midfield, central midfield (in one of the cups) and up front, and probably at the tip of the diamond and maybe even left midfield too within some games. However I'd much rather see him on the bench as a cover/ an impact player and we actually play people in their correct positions
    Hopefully means that Igor will be starting with Lyle at the top
  • Reeco with the goal after 28 passes from close in.
  • sam3110 said:
    Doesn't look like Reeco or Parker will be playing at Donny tomorrow then.

One of them is a sick note, the other coming off the back of a horrible injury. Fingers crossed they are both back soon though
    Yeah part of me is fully expecting Jake to be back first
    Charlton Athletic FC‏Verified account @CAFCofficial 2m2 minutes ago

12' GOAL! The Addicks lead through Hackett-Fairchild. The striker had his back to goal, held the ball up and turned brilliantly before firing into the roof of the net from six yards.

• sam3110 said:
    So if both Parker and Reeco are playing here, who's the striker on the bench for Donny, or are we starting with Marshall as a striker again?

Hopefully means that Igor will be starting with Lyle at the top
    He is :smile:
  • edited March 2019
    Parker header 2 nil with assist from Reeco.
    28 passes. 
    Some build up that.
  • Parker header 2 nil with assist from Reeco.
    Charlton Athletic FC‏Verified account @CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago

16' GOAL! It's two for the Addicks! Hackett-Fairchild turns provider, sending in a superb cross for Josh Parker to head home from close range.