Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Not really surprised with the minutes given to those two

Remember Billy Clarke getting just 45mins on his first return - Bet Jake is one happy lad right about now
  • seth plum said:
    Odoh svored.page off
    What do you reckon Seth is Odoh worth a contract for next season  ?
  • seth plum said:
    Odoh svored.page off
    In previous games I've not been very impressed. But he's run this game from the 1st minute.
  • Thought the pen was harsh as he got the ball but Mingi is (insert crude joke here)

JFC cruising as you would expect.

Doughtey doing well out wide and great finish.

We're playing 4141 with big Wass up top on his own.  Suits JFC as he's the midfield 1 more than it suits Wassim.

Luca (Suzanne) Vega looks ok.

Rumour is nine first and U23s players released. Everyone who's not playing basically.
    What 9 players haven't been playing then? I assume some of the people out on loan are gone, like Reeco, Umerah and Ajose but who else?
  • Releasing Maloney? That surprises me.
  • sam3110 said:
    Thought the pen was harsh as he got the ball but Mingi is (insert crude joke here)

We're playing 4141 with big Wass up top on his own.  Suits JFC as he's the midfield 1 more than it suits Wassim.

Rumour is nine first and U23s players released. Everyone who's not playing basically.
    What 9 players haven't been playing then? I assume some of the people out on loan are gone, like Reeco, Umerah and Ajose but who else?
    Marshall and Fosu?
  • Doughty shot deflected in for an own goal. 3 up as we enter added time.
  • Hackett-Fairchild
    Umerah
    Marshall
    Fosu
    Ajose
    Kennedy
    Bowry
    Maloney
    Parker

Is the 9 I can think of
  • sam3110 said:
    Hackett-Fairchild
    Umerah
    Marshall
    Fosu
    Ajose
    Kennedy
    Bowry
    Maloney
    Parker

Is the 9 I can think of
    No surprises there then...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    sam3110 said:
    Hackett-Fairchild
    Umerah
    Marshall
    Fosu
    Ajose
    Kennedy
    Bowry
    Maloney
    Parker

Is the 9 I can think of
    Isn't Maloney on a contract until June 2020? If so, he could only be released by mutual agreement.

I would think Mascoll, Cummings, Carey and Anderson are other candidates for release as they have slipped down the pecking order.
  • Mascoll would be a good shout seeing he started the season quite highly in terms of Left-Back but seems to have been forgotten with him @ Dulwich now
  • Person telling me wasn't sure about RHF

Cummings, Kennedy, Marshall, Fosu were named. Not sure of others.
  • Enjoyable game which we won with ease after a slow start.

Doughtey motm, Odoh good, Page looked a cut above but Burnley offered very little.

Wanted to see more from Wassim but he was isolated.
  • seth plum said:
    Odoh svored.page off
    Hard to say. He is small, can turn well enough, but I worry about his first touch. Doesn't hide.
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Odoh svored.page off
    Hard to say. He is small, can turn well enough, but I worry about his first touch. Doesn't hide.
    Cheers 
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Odoh svored.page off
    Another Bradley Pritchard?
  • edited April 2019
    Person telling me wasn't sure about RHF

He knew but he did not want to hurt your feelings.
  • seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Odoh svored.page off
    Another Bradley Pritchard?
    Odoh is a better finisher than Pritchard.
  • edited April 2019

How old is Fosu? Can’t be on much money, we should surely offer a contract at least just for a small development fee.

Cummings, Kennedy, Marshall no surprise.  Mascoll, Umerah and Ajose must be 3 more and Parker has not impressed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought the pen was harsh as he got the ball but Mingi is (insert crude joke here)

Ok, we don't know what nine. 

But in principle I agree.

If they are not good enough to challenge and are showing no signs of improving, then release them and get in others who may challenge.
  • Person telling me wasn't sure about RHF

How old is Fosu? Can’t be on much money, we should surely offer a contract at least just for a small development fee.

Cummings, Kennedy, Marshall no surprise.  Mascoll, Umerah and Ajose must be 3 more and Parker has not impressed.
    Fosu doesn’t want to fight enough to be in the team, he doesn’t want to be here enough and hasn’t shown enough this season either.

As I’ve said recently, it’s a shame as he’s a talented boy, but when talent doesn’t work hard, or if talent decides they don’t want/need to work hard, it’s best to part ways.
  • Sage said:

Fosu doesn’t want to fight enough to be in the team, he doesn’t want to be here enough and hasn’t shown enough this season either.

As I’ve said recently, it’s a shame as he’s a talented boy, but when talent doesn’t work hard, or if talent decides they don’t want/need to work hard, it’s best to part ways.
    I totally agree @Sage and he will definitely be gone in the summer, i just thought if his wages are low we should offer him a year on the same just for business sake - he will turn it down as after last season will be offered better elsewhere and when he leaves we will get a small development fee (assuming under 24 years old) I think?
  • Sage said:

I totally agree @Sage and he will definitely be gone in the summer, i just thought if his wages are low we should offer him a year on the same just for business sake - he will turn it down as after last season will be offered better elsewhere and when he leaves we will get a small development fee (assuming under 24 years old) I think?
    We paid a small development fee for Fosu, I am unsure if the rules means we can also get a development fee for him ourselves just because of his age?

I understand your logic, having him on low wages isn’t a bad idea, but it is if we are trying to build a squad of players and staff all pulling in the same direction and then you have someone who doesn’t want to be part of it.

It’s best to part ways and say good luck in future.
  • Fosu, on his day you think why did Reading let this guy go, sadly those days are far to rare, and you can overall understand there decision, not enough consistency or fight to make it at the top
  • IR94 said:
    Fosu, on his day you think why did Reading let this guy go, sadly those days are far to rare, and you can overall understand there decision, not enough consistency or fight to make it at the top
    Indeed. Lots of talent, but can’t be bothered to work at it. 

Great pity. 
  • Sage said:

Big mistake. Huge. If Arigbo goes (which I'm sure he will) we'll have no-one who can carry the ball forward. If we don't get promoted expect to see a midfield devoid of ideas. Fecking joke.
  • Sage said:

Do we need to worry about small development fees (or any transfer fee for that matter) with this idiot in charge? He will just pocket it. 
  • edited April 2019
    Sage said:

Big mistake. Huge. If Arigbo goes (which I'm sure he will) we'll have no-one who can carry the ball forward. If we don't get promoted expect to see a midfield devoid of ideas. Fecking joke.
    Is it a big mistake?

Bowyer sees him everyday in training and when he's played this season he has been woeful.

No point keeping a player who the manager doesn't think is good enough for the sake of it.

If Fosu is the best we've got, the midfield is already devoid of ideas.