Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Southbank said:
    How was JFC?
    Feeling his way back.
  • Just seen Gavin scored.
    He must be knackered poor fella 😳💚

• Jake Forster-Caskey got another 66 minutes of football under his belt for the U23s on Tuesday as the young Addicks slipped to a 3-2 defeat at Peterborough United.

• Could be a bit awkward when we meet for the preseason match if Dylan's goals keep Billericay up and relegate Welling...
  • Best thing about that Gavin news is reading the comments from their fans on the original tweet.

They really seem to like him up there, but not surprising with the amount he's scored.
  • Best thing about that Gavin news is reading the comments from their fans on the original tweet.

They really seem to like him up there, but not surprising with the amount he's scored.
    His form is like Roy of the Rovers stuff. They were dead and buried before he arrived. 4 win from 6 against play off chasing sides. Sounds like he will keep them up on his own. Imagine a lot of national league sides will be looking at him for next season on loan.

His form is like Roy of the Rovers stuff. They were dead and buried before he arrived. 4 win from 6 against play off chasing sides. Sounds like he will keep them up on his own. Imagine a lot of national league sides will be looking at him for next season on loan.
    I think he'll be around the first team next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Best thing about that Gavin news is reading the comments from their fans on the original tweet.

I do hope so!
    He’s certainly earned that right 🙏🏻
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Best thing about that Gavin news is reading the comments from their fans on the original tweet.

Have you seen him play or is that based on his loan stats?
  • Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Highlights and games he has featured on Charlton TV.. Plus spoke to someone connected to the club, rate highly.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Highlights and games he has featured on Charlton TV.. Plus spoke to someone connected to the club, rate highly.
    Ahead of Kanu though or alongside? I can't say I've seen too many of the U23 games
  • Dazzler21 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Ahead of Kanu though or alongside? I can't say I've seen too many of the U23 games
    Kanu's still very young. I reckon he'll have another year of development and a taste of men's football before stepping up. But I could be wrong and he could do a Lookman...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Kanu's still very young. I reckon he'll have another year of development and a taste of men's football before stepping up. But I could be wrong and he could do a Lookman...
    You have to assume that and if he bursts onto the scene more quickly it is a bonus. We can't bank on it happening in our planning.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Anyone else rated highly?
  • Really like Gavin as well, think he could learn a lot from someone like Washington too. He’s a year or so in front of Kanu and this experience in National League South will do him the world of good. 
  • Gavin and Kanu still have more progress to make.
    Like Burstow they can score goals, but each step up presents challenges, as we have learned with Burstow.
    I hope people are still keeping an eye on Aaron Henry as he has had a decent season, and his free kick taking is to be respected.
    Hope everybody saw the downright superwhip he put on his free kick at Stockport, but he also likes the sneaky low inside the post free kicks too.
    Let him learn mens football, and the same applies to all the youngsters, and he might well make it.
  • Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Anyone else rated highly?
    The crop in the U18s they think is the best yet to come through, but from 18-20 is the key part of development, if they fulfil full potential 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Gavin is ahead of in developing to play first team football currently.. But Kanu could be very good, and would struggle to hold on. But time will tell if he can transition 
  • QPR Under-23s are back in action this afternoon (Tuesday) as attentions turn back to the Professional Development League Two South with Charlton Athletic the opponents at Wealdstone’s, Grosvenor Vale.
    Entry for this afternoon’s clash costs £5 adults, £4 concessions and £3 Under-18s.
    Fans unable to make it to Grosvenor Vale this afternoon can purchase a live match streaming pass for the Professional Development League Two South fixture NOW by clicking HERE with the game being streamed live on the club’s Recast channel!
    https://www.qpr.co.uk/fixtures/under-23/2021/qpr-u23s-v-charlton-athletic-u23s/
  • Wonder if Forster-Caskey will play the full game today. 
  • It has cost me two pounds on the Queens Park Rangers convoluted system to sign up and buy the game.
    Once again a line up that for me is well worth checking out.
    Bit thin on the substitute front though.
  • Being streamed on QPR TV. Need to create an account and add credits. It has cost me £2.
  • only 4 on the bench?
  • I assume our loan agreement allows us to pick Henry.

Very convenient seeing that QPR play their U23 matches at Wealdstone's ground!
  • edited March 2022
    I assume our loan agreement allows us to pick Henry.

Very convenient seeing that QPR play their U23 matches at Wealdstone's ground!
    Yeah same with Gavin as well - I think its a standard thing with any Non-League loan for youth players