Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    1-3.
    Unforced error.
    Getting like the Millwall away game.
  • Options
    The logo continues to show 1-2, but it is 1-3
  • Options
    Finished 1-3. We huffed and puffed, not disgraced, but Ipswich deserved it, the best team won.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to say that this lot are making similar errors to the 1st team, messing around at the back and loosing the midfield 
  • Options
    I'm sorry to say that this lot are making similar errors to the 1st team, messing around at the back and loosing the midfield 
    Sadly, would have to agree with that, lancs.

A malaise seems to be running through both teams at present.
  • Options
    Kanu seems to gone backwards in his development. Hope this is only a stage due maybe to things like growth spurts etc. 
    He just not seems sharp as last year.
    The best player on show was Kone and he has years of development to go before he could be considered for a men's first team
  • Options
    All round disappointing performance. Awful passing and trying to beat players that were far superior.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the game being broadcast live on Charlton TV
  • Options
    Kanu plays this afternoon, with Henry on the bench. No Campbell though, or indeed Roddy

• Options
    I wonder if Campbell will get a turn on the bench.

he’s incredibly exciting, electrifying pace but needs to work on his delivery.  If he can sort that he could be very very special 
  • Options
    1-0 up with a Kanu goal.
  • Options
    1 - 1

Good that we got our equaliser in first : - )
  • Options
    Lost 3 - 2 after Kedwell put us 2 - 1 up
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Kanu seems to gone backwards in his development. Hope this is only a stage due maybe to things like growth spurts etc. 
    He just not seems sharp as last year.
    The best player on show was Kone and he has years of development to go before he could be considered for a men's first team
    Not sure how you can say playing regular U21 football at 17 is going backwards.

If you mean he seems to be scoring less (although he scored today) then i guess that's probably natural as he's now playing against bigger, better, more physical defenders.
  • Options

Dear Valley Gold Member

Our U21’s are playing at Sparrows Lane on Monday against Reading, KO 2.30pm, entry is at 2.15pm

Valley Gold members are allowed to attend.

If you wish to watch then I will need your name and VG number before 6pm on Sunday 23rd , without letting me know you will not be allowed entry.

Please be advised that there will not be any parking

Thanks

Sharron

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tomorrow we play Reading.
    I had first thought it would be at Dartford, possibly the Valley, now it looks like Sparrows Lane.
    I assume season ticket holders can pitch up with their season tickets at the gate to Sparrows Lane and go in and watch the game.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I had first thought it would be at Dartford, possibly the Valley, now it looks like Sparrows Lane.
    I assume season ticket holders can pitch up with their season tickets at the gate to Sparrows Lane and go in and watch the game.
    Read the post above yours mate
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Read the post above yours mate
    Yes, but that is about Valley Gold members, not season ticket holders.
  • Options
    I very much doubt it.
  • Options
    I very much doubt it.
    I think you reckon season ticket holders won’t be allowed in to Sparrows Lane tomorrow.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I very much doubt it.
    I think you reckon season ticket holders won’t be allowed in to Sparrows Lane tomorrow.
    Yes afraid so.
  • Options
    I wonder in that case if it will be streamed.
    Charlton TV’s always unreliable service has deteriorated. We used to get clips from U18 games posted up, not now.
    Who wouldn’t enjoy seeing a bit of the 8-1 against Liverpool?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I wonder in that case if it will be streamed.
    Charlton TV’s always unreliable service has deteriorated. We used to get clips from U18 games posted up, not now.
    Who wouldn’t enjoy seeing a bit of the 8-1 against Liverpool?
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/charltontv-watch-u21s-take-reading-monday
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Thank you for this information @clive

May I take this opportunity to also thank you for constantly trying to supply Charlton Lifers with loads of actual useful information, whether it is about trains, Covid, tickets or loads of other stuff your unselfish generosity in keeping us informed is much appreciated by me, and I suspect by everybody.
    Well said Seth.
    Clive  is top man