Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    The early Cardiff goal discombobulated us for a little while, but our play for the rest of the half has been scintillating.
  • Options
    HT 1-1
    I am surprised we're not leading, mainly due to last moment interventions by Cardiff once we have threaded through and around them using a combination of skill and telepathy.
    Cardiff carry a threat down the right mainly.
  • Options
    You can see that they trying to make Kanu into tge one upfront striker who holds the ball up Nd then passes. At the moment you can see he not that yet. For one thing needs too beef up a bit.
    Going forward from midfield we look a threat.
    The Young defence struggling with Garner ball.
  • Options
    2-1, lovely goal after capitalizing on a Cardiff dither, great Kanu finish.
  • Options
    Superb from Kanu. Pleased as been disappointed with him lately. 
  • Options
    Kanu looks pretty hungry for a hat trick.
  • Options
    Very good game, Charlton Athletic U21's 2-1 Cardiff City U21's.

• Options
    Bugger I forgot about this game - was going to go! Great bit of skill for the 2nd.
  • Options
    An entertaining  youth game. Glad Kanu got his goal which was poachers one, thought Rylah was the pick of our players this afternoon. One big criticism is they need to improve the passing accuracy both short and long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really pleased for Oguntayo who's been out for something like 15 months. This was, if I remember correctly, the most minutes he's had since pre- season before last.

Looked to get forward as you'd expect from a winger converted to wing back but defended well.

Otherwise a very young side with lots of U18s including Kanu who showed both his strengths (typical back to goal turn and shot for the 2nd) and where he needs to improve. He's young so wrong to expect the finished article.
  • Options
    Very enjoyable watch via the stream.

Impressed with young Rylah & , as always, my personal favourite, Zach Mitchell. SUCH an intelligent player for his age & pretty much again, another immaculate performance. 

Well done, Young Guns ! 
  • Options
    Really pleased for Oguntayo who's been out for something like 15 months. This was, if I remember correctly, the most minutes he's had since pre- season before last.

Looked to get forward as you'd expect from a winger converted to wing back but defended well.

Otherwise a very young side with lots of U18s including Kanu who showed both his strengths (typical back to goal turn and shot for the 2nd) and where he needs to improve. He's young so wrong to expect the finished article.
    Fingers firmly crossed for him he's a proper left/wing back.
  • Options
    More than the usual number of scouts seemed to be at the game.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Crusty54 said:
    More than the usual number of scouts seemed to be at the game.
    I would guess we have more young players on our books than usual. Ladapo/Reilly/Toure/Bakrin and the like signed in the summer and I don't think are getting loads of minutes so maybe some more need to go on loan?
  • Options
    Today's game at Princes Park has been postponed because of illness amongst the Charlton players.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Today's game at Princes Park has been postponed because of illness amongst the Charlton players.
    Rearranged for 21st December.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Crusty54 said:
    Rearranged for 21st December.
    ...which looks very likely to be the day of our EFL Cup match v B & HA ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for the update, i can't find anything anywhere.
  • Options
    Haven't seen Euan Williams name recently. Is he injured?
  • Options
    Had forgotten Gavin. Recently injured I assume. I wonder if he is worth a go whilst Stockley is out.
  • Options
    Had forgotten Gavin. Recently injured I assume. I wonder if he is worth a go whilst Stockley is out.
    He's on loan @ Tonbridge Angels

We can recall him whenever we want of course, but he only has two goals this season in eleven games for them - Hasn't really set the world alight at that level, shame as he did so well with Billericay last season.