Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    I wasn't going to go to this but a last minute change of heart I think.  Not expecting much in honesty as Sheff Utd will go top once they win their games in hand and our U21's have been very average lately.  But I'll still go
  • Options
    After last week against Barnsley I will stay at home and watch the feed. We have the big one against the Metropolitan Police later this week so it is likely to be a very young team today.
  • Options
  • Options
    Here’s how our U21s line-up against Sheffield United this afternoon: Molyneux; Gough (c), Toure, Dench; Okwumo, Santos, Huke, Bower; T.Ladapo, Casey, Enslin Subs: Adegoke, Kedwell, Fullah, Berry, Williams

Sheff Utd line up

• Options
    Any other subscribers getting ‘We’re sorry, this content is only available in certain countries’ ?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Any other subscribers getting ‘We’re sorry, this content is only available in certain countries’ ?
    YESSSS !! 

FFS , this is another shambles ! I want my £7 back !!!!!
  • Options
    Now have a picture....
  • Options
    Thanks FF, I thought it was just me, or something wrong with my connection or computer.
  • Options
    Ah. It is now there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No loan players in our lineup. I assume they won't be playing in the cup game on Thursday, so we might as well send several of them back to their parent clubs now.
  • Options
    Please camera operator, can you zoom in a little bit more?
  • Options
    Good to see Bower playing as I think he has been injured recently.
  • Options
    0-1
    headed goal from a corner.
  • Options
    Molyneux  has made a series of good saves in this game.
  • Options
    0-2 low finish following a corner.
    Doh!
  • Options
    0-3 a shocker.
  • Options
    1-3 Casey natch.
  • Options
    Casey gets a consolation 
  • Options
    2-3 Ladapo but probably too late.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lost 2-3
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    0-3 a shocker.
    Alas, it doesn't seem like the U21s have the solution to our chronic defensive problems.  We need another Rufus/Gomez/Konsa but I'm not sensing we have one lined up
  • Options
    The 3-2 defeat flattered them. Our man of the match would be the keeper. 
    The team was out classed except on finishing. 
    There number 9 a lucky man not to get a red card.
  • Options
    Molyneux made some amazing saves throughout the game after being left exposed by some very poor defending.

Toure was a liability throughout the game.

Dench has improved.

I hope that was the last time we see Santos in a Charlton shirt. 

There was very little point in playing Casey alone up front against two very big defenders.

Bower played a good 45 minutes following his return from injury.
  • Options
    Where have the U21s been playing Dench? I think he signed originally as a holding midfielder but seems like he's been playing all over the place. 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Molyneux made some amazing saves throughout the game after being left exposed by some very poor defending.

Toure was a liability throughout the game.

Dench has improved.

I hope that was the last time we see Santos in a Charlton shirt. 

There was very little point in playing Casey alone up front against two very big defenders.

Bower played a good 45 minutes following his return from injury.
    Agree with all of this.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Worth listening to this interview with Chris Lock, the U21s coach, before reading too much into the result yesterday.

Gives a lot of context for the season and the demands on the U21 squad.

Will be interesting to see what sort of team we put out for the London Senior Cup game on Thursday.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    0-3 a shocker.
    Alas, it doesn't seem like the U21s have the solution to our chronic defensive problems.  We need another Rufus/Gomez/Konsa but I'm not sensing we have one lined up
    Pretty high bar to set but Mitchell might still be a key player and then there is Josh Laqeratabua, only 18 and playing for the U21s when not injured. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Where have the U21s been playing Dench? I think he signed originally as a holding midfielder but seems like he's been playing all over the place. 
    He was playing on the left yesterday. Lots of forward runs and some good passes.

(Have to say playing out from the back doesn't work when playing against a fitter side who press hard.)