Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

1294295296297298300»

Comments

• Options
    Here's how our U21s line up this evening against Charlton Athletic.
  • Options
    Our U21s line-up for tonight's Professional Development League Two South clash against Colchester United... Adegoke; Bower, Toure, Bakrin, Enslin; Kedwell (C), Hand, Santos; Ladapo, Casey, Huke Subs: Molyneux, Berry, Yamoah
  • Options
    1-0 Colchester.
  • Options
    2-0
  • Options
    3-0
  • Options
    3-1
  • Options
    3-2
  • Options
    4-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another Casey goal.
  • Options
    How many more U21 games remaining?

I assume they will annouce the academy retained and released list when the season is over.

• Options

I assume they will annouce the academy retained and released list when the season is over.

3 Games remaining, Bristol City & Crewe away & Peterborough at home [Sparrows Lane].
  • Options

I was told at Sparrows Lane on Tuesday that the players have been told. Apparently 75% have been released.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

I was told at Sparrows Lane on Tuesday that the players have been told. Apparently 75% have been released.
    🫣 75% of what age bracket? Got no problem with releasing players who aren't going to make it with Charlton give more game time to players coming through but of that's a high %age if it includes our 19/20 and 21 year olds
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Yes, heard similar at the London Senior Cup final.

Also told we given 12 U16s scholarships, which is very high and an indication that we have another very good cohort coming through behind the equally impressive U18s.
  • Options
    Harry Beadle, former Academy player and fan, on the Us bench.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

🫣 75% of what age bracket? Got no problem with releasing players who aren't going to make it with Charlton give more game time to players coming through but of that's a high %age if it includes our 19/20 and 21 year olds
    The under 21s
  • Options
    U21's as listed on website:

Adehoke
    Molyneux
    Bakrin
    Bower
    Dench
    Holden
    Roddy
    Toure
    Adigun
    Hand
    Huke
    Kedwell
    Santos
    Williams
    Ladapo
    Viggars
    Okechukwu

I suspect Okechukwu, Viggars, Ladapo, Williams, Santos, Toure, Roddy and Bakrin will all be released as no longer real youngsters and not had a sniff.  Don't know much about the others and some may still have a year left on contracts anyway I suspect.