Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    I attended the game this afternoon, not a bad game, we wasted quite a few good chances & should have won the game quite comfortably.
    Our keeper Adegoke gifted Peterborough their second goal.
    The match was played on a the pitch adjacent to the former club secretary's back garden, which i've not seen used for about thirty years, but it was in very good condition.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Both our young goalkeepers have been released I believe.
    Molyneux has been released along with Ladapo, Santos, Bakrin  and 75% of the squad I heard. 

Which other keeper? Prince Adegoke?

Mainly the older players going I was told. I imagine the names will be released soon now the U21 season is over.
  • Options
    FULL-TIME | Charlton U21s 2 Peterborough United U21s 2 Our young Addicks finish the season with a hard-fought draw.

Those shorts are a bit low. No wonder their keeper flapped at the ball, he was completely distracted.
  • Options

The game today was played on the pitch nearest to the entrance gates. Better spectator viewing area  as the dug outs are on the other side of the pitch.

The usual pitch has already been dug up.
  • Options
    edited May 13
    Dansk_Red said:
    Molyneux has been released along with Ladapo, Santos, Bakrin  and 75% of the squad I heard. 

Mainly the older players going I was told. I imagine the names will be released soon now the U21 season is over.
    I heard today that Prince will be leaving. His concentration today was poor.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Dansk_Red said:

I heard today that Prince will be leaving. His concentration today was poor.
    Quite a clear out then.
  • Options
    Given how poor our keepers have been this season it is perhaps no surprise the two U21 lads are being released given they didn't even get on the bench. Such a shame Beadle and Kone left last summer as I suspect either of them may well have been our number one by the end of this season.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

The game today was played on the pitch nearest to the entrance gates. Better spectator viewing area  as the dug outs are on the other side of the pitch.

The usual pitch has already been dug up.
    Have we sold it to Bromley?  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 13
    Given how poor our keepers have been this season it is perhaps no surprise the two U21 lads are being released given they didn't even get on the bench. Such a shame Beadle and Kone left last summer as I suspect either of them may well have been our number one by the end of this season.

Beadle was number one at Oxford and then Sheffield Wednesday this season. We aren't known for promoting our keepers at the age of 19 (Elliott, Randolph, Pope and AMB to name four internationals who had to wait 'til they were 22 plus). Going to a PL Club enabled him to be loaned out to a club at a higher level than had he stayed with us and next season he will probably be back in the Championship possibly with Wednesday once again.  
  • Options
    Now confirmed officially then good luck to both Henry and Prince on finding new clubs and proving us wrong. Tough life is the life of a young footballer at our level.
  • Options
    Best of luck Jason.
    Sorry to see you leave.
    My advice is keep the focus, keep the faith in yourself, it isn’t all over for your football career.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    What a shame, stood out in many games but he is 21 in December and not got near the first team.

Seemed to impress at Welling so should have a career at least at senior non-league level.

Good luck to Jason.

As has been said 75% of the U21 squad being released so he will be the first of many. Always sad to hear.
    Always find this a slightly heartbreaking time of year, seeing the drip feed of social media posts from released academy players.
  • Options
    That's a real shame.  Hope this doesn't come back to bite us.  Would have liked to have seen him get a game or two at the end of the season for us when we were safe and the likes of Fiorini and Bakinson were getting minutes.
    Good luck Adigun.. Promising player.
  • Options
    It is strange that the club is yet to announce the players who are leaving. 

I wonder what steps are being taken to strengthen the under 21s for next season.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

I wonder what steps are being taken to strengthen the under 21s for next season.
    I assume it’s because the u21 and u18 seasons finish later than the first team.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Crusty54 said:

I assume it’s because the u21 and u18 seasons finish later than the first team.
    The list has been known for several weeks and the players informed. This is why 75% of the squad being released has been talked about on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A very little bit has leaked I guess so currently as follows I think

Released
    Adegoke
    Molyneux
    Adigun
    Roddy

Unknown
    Bakrin
    Ladapo (I have seen rumours he is leaving)
    Santos
    Williams (I have seen rumours he is leaving)
    Viggars
    Okechukwu
    Toure
    Dench
    Hand
    Bower
    Holden
    Huke
    Kedwell
  • Options
    Shame about Adigun, he always looked as if he would be making his way into the first team at some point. Perhaps he hasn't pushed on as expected. A few years ago I would have said he was the most likely to come through.
  • Options
    Saw Adigun at U18 level and was convinced he'd be the next one to come through but for whatever reason that hasn't quite worked out. Think he'll probably still have a strong professional career though. 
  • Options
    edited May 20
    Unknown
    Okechukwu
    Bower
    Holden
    Kedwell
    Harvey Kedwell only signed a pro deal last summer, be very surprised if it was only for 12-months

Harvey Kedwell – son of former AFC Wimbledon striker Danny – pens first Charlton pro deal – South London News (londonnewsonline.co.uk)

Same for Bower, Holden and Okechukwu

Three Charlton youngsters pen professional deals – South London News (londonnewsonline.co.uk)
  • Options
    Hope we keep hold of Viggars. Had injury problems this season I believe but when when I saw him in pre season last summer I was impressed.
  • Options
    Bakrin
    Ladapo 
    Santos

Heard they had all gone but WIOTOS

• Options
    Hope we keep hold of Viggars. Had injury problems this season I believe but when when I saw him in pre season last summer I was impressed.
    I think the only U21 who has played mens football. But not big enough to be a target man, or quick enough to be a striker. More a link man. Puts himself about. Surely worth another year and perhaps a higher loan.
  • Options
    edited May 20
    Unknown
    Okechukwu
    Bower
    Holden
    Kedwell
    Harvey Kedwell only signed a pro deal last summer, be very surprised if it was only for 12-months

Harvey Kedwell – son of former AFC Wimbledon striker Danny – pens first Charlton pro deal – South London News (londonnewsonline.co.uk)

Same for Bower, Holden and Okechukwu

Three Charlton youngsters pen professional deals – South London News (londonnewsonline.co.uk)

Always felt the contract to Okechukwu was likely one year given due to his injuries beforehand and allowing him a chance to prove himself; but agree Bower, Hobden and Kedwell all likely to still be here next year (same with Huke)
  • Options
    Good luck and best wishes to all those leaving