Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Good that it is on twitter so all fans can follow the game, if they choose to.  Thank you Elon.
  • Good that it is on twitter so all fans can follow the game, if they choose to.  Thank you Elon.
    I musk disagree with you! I am sure it will be X rated!!
  • Here’s how our U21s line-up against Barnsley this afternoon: Trialist A; Asiimwe, Gough (c), Hunter; Rylah, Kedwell, Mwamba, Huke, Enslin; Casey, Mbick Subs: MacLorg, Hobden, Bower, Fullah, Trialist B
  • Trialist keeper!!!
  • Interesting that reads like the u21s are playing 3-5-2, same as the first team.

A front two will suit Casey from the little I’ve seen of him, but believe Rylah and Enslin are naturally wingers rather than wing backs, so might not suit them as well.
  • Any ideas who the goalkeeper on trial is? Do we think they might be having a look at someone for the first team or is that likely to just be a youth team option alongside MacLorg?
  • Any ideas who the goalkeeper on trial is? Do we think they might be having a look at someone for the first team or is that likely to just be a youth team option alongside MacLorg?
    A guess but for the U21s

A top notch keeper wouldn't be on trial with the U21s
  • I think MacLorg is our only u21 GK, I imagine we’d like him to have competition? Also means if he’s unavailable you’re not relying on a senior GK being free or an u18 stepping up when they’re not ready.
  • Scoham said:
    I think MacLorg is our only u21 GK, I imagine we’d like him to have competition? Also means if he’s unavailable you’re not relying on a senior GK being free or an u18 stepping up when they’re not ready.
    IF we bring in another first team keeper, unless AMB goes out on loan, we'll have a spare keeper for the U21s anyway. Even if he does go out, I always like the sub keeper to have a bit of U21 gametime anyway, rather than going weeks without a game until the EFL Trophy comes around.
  • 0-0 HT.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's stalemate at the break, but Barnsley have had a Trialist sent off for a foul on Nathan Asiimwe.
  • 49’ GOALLLLLLL! WE’RE IN FRONT! 🙌

Ryan Huke opens the scoring, running onto a through ball from Micah Mbick and slotting past the goalkeeper! 🥶
  • 4-0, 4 goals in 8 minutes, we're running riot
  • Huke with the second goal, Casey with the third.
  • 51’ GOALLLLLLL! TWO IN THREE MINUTES! 😍

It's Ryan Huke again, turning home from close range to grab his third goal in two games this season! 💪
  • 53’ GOALLLLLLL! IT'S RAINING GOALS IN YORKSHIRE! 🌧️

Patrick Casey gets his customary goal, curling one past the goalkeeper from another Micah Mbick assist! 🙌

🅱️ 0-3 🗡️| #cafc
  • 57’ GOALLLLLLL! OH MY WORD! 😍

Henry Rylah gets in on the act, latching onto a ball down the wing from Alan Mwamba, cutting inside and firing into the net! 🥳

🅱️ 0-4 🗡️| #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• This could be a cricket score especially against 10 men
  • So Asiimwe playing RCB, 2 wingers playing wing back, sounds very attacking. I know this half is against 10 men so have to take it with a pinch of salt, but looks like the front 2 are continuing on from last season
  • This could be a cricket score especially against 10 men
    I assume given their first team are playing against Manchester United U21's in the EFL Trophy today this isn't as strong a team as they might have put out otherwise.
  • 64’  Chris Lock makes a double change...  Henry Rylah  Kai Enslin off
     Ollie Hobden  Trialist B on
    Great shift, lads!   0-4 

• Square profile picture
    64’ Chris Lock makes a double change... Henry Rylah Kai Enslin Ollie Hobden Trialist B Great shift, lads! 0-4 | #cafc
  • 76’ Another couple of substitutions for the young Addicks... Keenan Gough Micah Mbick Toby Bower Ibrahim Fullah Well played boys!
  • Full time 4-0. 2 wins from 2, top of the league.
  • Doesn't seem to be anything on Barnsley twitter about the game.  Odd.
  • Could somebody start a new Under 21's Updates 2024/25 headline. This thread started 8 years ago and it's a bit laborious having over 300 pages.