Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Agree Seth but in the last three meaningless matches we had an ideal chance to give youngsters game time. Not all together, but in a side that recently has some structure. It was embarrasing to see our captain chasing shadows yesterday, when Lapslie or Djiksteel could have boosted confidence against players they probably trounced in U23s.
  • KM mentioned in the Q&A yesterday that one of the effects of having such a good academy is that PL teams start to get more interested and two of our kids are being 'encouraged away'. Wonder who they are, read about Abrahams in here so assume he is one.
  • Agree Seth but in the last three meaningless matches we had an ideal chance to give youngsters game time. Not all together, but in a side that recently has some structure. It was embarrasing to see our captain chasing shadows yesterday, when Lapslie or Djiksteel could have boosted confidence against players they probably trounced in U23s.

And on this I also agree with you.
    Yesterday would have been one of those ideal opportunities to give young up and coming players a taste.
  • Robbo did say he was going to bleed a few kids but maybe Euell didn't want to risk them gettting injured ahead of their cup final

That was a special case, and the reception Jacko got suggested most people felt it was thbe right decision
    I agree. Crofts would have been a better player to be subbed, even if only when we went two up. I understand why Robbo didn't though.
  • KM mentioned in the Q&A yesterday that one of the effects of having such a good academy is that PL teams start to get more interested and two of our kids are being 'encouraged away'. Wonder who they are, read about Abrahams in here so assume he is one.

Well, she knows the answer to that! Rather than dilly-dally around getting the training ground updated in 28 different work phases, it should have been done to the original timetable and by now we would have had Cat 1 status and therefore be able to deal with other Cat 1 teams on a level playing field. But, like almost everything this regime is involved in, stuff they say will happen doesn't.

The EPPP is a disaster for lower category academies. As things stand I believe a Cat 1 academy can get away with acquiring another team's player for as little as £3,000.
  • Hull play tonight I believe. Millwall will play a weakened side so fairly sure we will be playing them next Monday and not Bolton.
  • Well said Seth plum, those you mentioned are good, and as you say pitching them into the first team to early or to frequently may well set them back in development.
  • 3pm ko Hull v Millwall today
  • Sponsored links:

• Hull Tigers Academy‏ @Tigers_Academy 3m3 minutes ago
    More
    GOAL!!! @HullCity U23s 1 (Will Annan) @MillwallFC U23s 0
  • Hull Tigers Academy‏ @Tigers_Academy 21m21 minutes ago
    More
    Goal - @HullCity U23s 1 @MillwallFC U23s 1 (Harry Smith)
  • Still 1 - 1

If I'm reading it right Millwall finish runners up behind us in the southern group regardless but Hull need a win to take 2nd place above Bolton. Sheff Weds won the northern group.

So as it stands it would be

CAFC v Bolton (TBC)
    Sheff W v Millwall (8 May)

• And just as I post that

Hull Tigers Academy‏ @Tigers_Academy 19s19 seconds ago
    More
    GOAL!!! @HullCity U23s 2 (Own Goal) @MillwallFC U23s 1

Ha Ha

Hull now in 2nd
  • Looks like that is how it finished

CAFC v Hull (TBC)
    Sheff W v Millwall (8 May)
  • Do those three quid tickets increase in price by three quid two hours prior to kick off?
    (Only joking, of course they don't.......do they?)
  • Hoping to get to this - should be a cracking game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Working in the smoke on Monday, so may pop down to this.
  • JT said:

Pleased for bro.
    Grown up with a season ticket watching Charlton from JBlock, trained with Powell and Charlton for couple of weeks, nothing came of it, signed for Hull. Now plays last game for Hull v Charlton at The Valley.

He's in dreamland even to walk out at the valley whatever happens.

Hope he lands a good contract elsewhere @JT
  • I think he just wants to play regular proffessional football now. There's not much excitement in the U23 leagues
  • Will try to go to this, should be good.
  • cafcfan said:

Do those three quid tickets increase in price by three quid two hours prior to kick off?
    (Only joking, of course they don't.......do they?)

pay at the turnstile - no tickets
  • I will be there, I am hoping for a good end of the season for the Under 23s. It has already been an excellent Season..
  • Anyone know if there's a chance of this being streamed on YouTube? Tempted to tag Olly here but thought I'd ask first.
  • @Ollywozere sorry to bother, but is there any chance of this being streamed on YouTube?
  • SDAddick said:

@Ollywozere sorry to bother, but is there any chance of this being streamed on YouTube?

I've dropped you a message SDAddick
  • So what's the answer Olly?