Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New seat new experience

Comments

• Options
    Macronate said:

'a load of morons'?

Well ok, there are some.

More than some!
  • Options

I have kept the same ticket that I have always held. It is in a nice location, but I do have to put up with a miserable old sod who sits in front of me.
    Saturday however, was an absolute pleasure. He wasn't there. I thought maybe he had just missed the game, or fingers crossed, moved seats.
    Well it certainly felt like someone had pissed on my 14 chips when I returned for the second half, only to find him sat back in his usual seat.
    I think the next home game I will find myself a moron to sit next to, if he is short and fat, that would be a bonus.

You purchased food inside the ground? Shameful. :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Was in the East

Absolutely no idea how anyone can get any pleasure whatsoever sitting so quietly and verbally disengaged in a game of football.

Weird. Unique

So was I. Same experience. And I say that as an ex west upper st holder. Absolutely sterile.

• Options
    I had an east stand ticket but went to my old seat and asked the bloke there to shuffle up, which he did obligingly. Turned out he was from Macclesfield, had been a Sunday league goalkeeper, had been to University in Newcastle and was a Manchester United fan living in London at White City.
    He was a good bloke I thought.
  • Options
    Was in the Upper West. Good seats. Great view. Decent lot around me.

But I missed my usual ST seats in the East. Don't want to use them when I'm buying only occasionally. They deserve better.....
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I must admit it was refreshing to catch up with my dad yesterday evening when he came home from the game and he talked about the football only and nothing else. Positive and negative. it was nice not talking about the other side of it. He enjoyed it as did my uncle and 90 yr old grandad who was going to his first game since my nan died in April.

When you read things like this, it highlights just how hard it is for people to stop attending.
    In their defence, I don't agree that they blindly give their money to the regime but for the weekly escape it gives them. I can't hold it against them. Have tried explaining but they just want to watch Charlton play football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I must admit it was refreshing to catch up with my dad yesterday evening when he came home from the game and he talked about the football only and nothing else. Positive and negative. it was nice not talking about the other side of it. He enjoyed it as did my uncle and 90 yr old grandad who was going to his first game since my nan died in April.

When you read things like this, it highlights just how hard it is for people to stop attending.
    In their defence, I don't agree that they blindly give their money to the regime but for the weekly escape it gives them. I can't hold it against them. Have tried explaining but they just want to watch Charlton play football.
    These are the fans that KM wants rid of :-)
  • Options
    I am looking forward to trying other stands this season having been a season ticket holder in the East since it opened. Yesterday, however, I was there as an SE7 freebie and my ticket was for the East, so I sat in my old seat and said hello to the few remaining season ticket holders. Think I will try the West Lower on Tuesday for a tenner.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

The Leeds game was in December before any protest started not sure what your point is, how can you know what the atmosphere was like if you were not there.

I thought there were protests at the Sheffield Wednesday match?
  • Options
    New seat in north lower, great view, brought back memories of the original covered end.

Few tools abusing Ezri, calling useless and s**t after 15mins. It does annoy me when people shout nonsense, it really proves 1) they know nothing about football 2) they really need to calm down on the bacardi breezers before the match
  • Options
    Off_it said:

There's no legroom in the lower north. I know because I used to sit there.

Seb assures me the leg room is fine wherever he sits
  • Options
    Sat in the east yesterday. Had a season ticket there a few years ago before moving to the upper west a couple of years ago. Found it a bit sterile to be honest. Average age of the supporters around me was about 70. Clearly all knew each other. Had a little kid (very well behaved) behind me with a very high pitched voice that threatened to deafen me every time he shouted in my ear (approximately every 15 seconds). Great view. Bang on the half way line but probably won't do it again. If I am lucky enough to be given that seat again my my mate I think I'll just find an empty row and sit there minding my own business. East felt really busy yesterday but huge numbers of freebie tourists.
  • Options
    Longest hands and arms ever!
  • Options

Was in the East

Absolutely no idea how anyone can get any pleasure whatsoever sitting so quietly and verbally disengaged in a game of football.

Weird. Unique

Sorry, AFKA.

I'll turn up my volume next time.

Would have thought those wines in Crossbars before the game would have made you more vocal Fanny :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have moved seats this season, from the East stand to my fishing chair.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Was in the East

Weird. Unique

The atmosphere in the East died when the youngster who sat near the quadrant with the extremely loud clapping left. Fact !
    'Happy clapper' as we knew him
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Moved from upper to lower, view is great but its too cramped, much prefer to stand. Will give it a few more games if still dont like then will prob just walk up to the upper and stand up there

Done the same mate. Was actually a few rows in front of you. Gave up at half time. Went back up top and felt much more at home..
    It's a really good view isn't it but just too cramped, plus there is a lot of kids around us as well so had to keep a lid on it as much as I could, didn't last too long though :)
  • Options
    My new seat gave me a cracking view of the game. Solihull 1 Bromley 0.
  • Options
    I moved seat from North upper to my my lounge sofa and don't regret it at all. Much better match day experience and no money going to Roland and daisy
  • Options
    Wonder how many people are regretting migrating to lower yet permanently, sat basically everywhere in the ground now and north lower is by far the worst if you're actually sitting down. If you're anything above 5'5 I'd say you'll probably struggle for leg room.
  • Options

Wonder how many people are regretting migrating to lower yet permanently, sat basically everywhere in the ground now and north lower is by far the worst if you're actually sitting down. If you're anything above 5'5 I'd say you'll probably struggle for leg room.

True North Lower connoisseurs know what rows have extra leg room...
  • Options
    Having not renewed STs, took my 9 yr old from family stand to lower west and quite enjoyed the experience. When we do get to games this season, will tour the ground for different views, micro atmospheres (none to the drums) and a quick education in profanity. I lost my battle in the use of the word fudging, like 'fudging hell' on Saturday. He now knows exactly how to pronounce f*****g... Amazed he had not worked it out sooner.
  • Options
    Moved from middle of north upper to front north upper bang central - good move, great view bit closer to action, got a new nonsense pump to listen to but no probs and looking forward to Shrewsbury - ground was fuller and atmosphere better than I was expecting - second half showed some promise -new signing done and announcement imminent along with another substantial announcement soon
  • Options
    The leg room in the North Lower is a joke.

Hard work to get a drink as always.

Was good to be so close to the game for a change though.