Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Shrewsbury- Match Thread

Comments

• Reilly with lovely ball into the box but no one on the end of it...then Black crosses and out of play
  • Lol, straight in, Holmes on a hat-trick :smile:

Last time I remember seeing a goal go straight in from a corner it was against us. Think we were playing Swindon at The Valley in the late 90's early 00's.

I saw Colin Powell get one away at Plymouth in the FA Cup back in 81. Was wind assisted though.
  • Charlton were 3-0 at home within 30 minutes against Preston, JJ had two goals then
  • Shrews in possession...cut out by Crofts but back to Shrews...chipped ball forward...wide to Reilly...give and go with Tony...Rudd claims after a great challenge from Foley to put him off
  • Holmes...Crofts...Konsa...poor ball from JJ but won back by Crofts...Ajose...knocked off it...Shrews with it...Holmes closes down and wins it back....
  • Lol, straight in, Holmes on a hat-trick :smile:

Last time I remember seeing a goal go straight in from a corner it was against us. Think we were playing Swindon at The Valley in the late 90's early 00's.

I saw Colin Powell get one away at Plymouth in the FA Cup back in 81. Was wind assisted though.
    I think this may have been too, it was a definite freak goal anyway. I seem to remember it happening early, then we battered them for the rest of the game but couldn't score.
  • Cleared by Shrews to Pearce...to Konsa...Solly....Ajose with a poor touch...but Tony clears violently against advertising board
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like Shrews are getting frustrated...Solly throw..Konsa overhit...Shrews with it...cross to back post...Foley with head on it...clear...JM wins it but to Shrews..wide for Shrews but Solly shields it out of play
  • Holmes has clearly decided we never score from crosses into the box and took the law into his own hands, attaboy :smiley:
  • Up to 9th
  • Rudd GK...to Fox...Crofts...Konsa...Solly...Konsa...passing it around at the back...Pearce toward JM...looks for Ajose but can't quite get on knockdown.
  • edited August 2016
    Nice save from Rudd
  • Shrews with it...ball into Tony...ball from space...SAVE from Rudd
  • Wish I'd gone now
  • We haven't scored for over 10 minutes
  • Shrews with it...Fox clears...JM holds up...Shrews with FK....
  • Sponsored links:

• Riley with FK but Rudd out to collect well
  • Lookman would have had a hattrick by now... Slade out.
  • Forward...JM flick to Black...Crofts battles with O'Brien...Fox...to Ajose but knocked off it...O'Brien...Deegan...Brown...
  • 2 minutes added time
  • Toney battles with Konsa and Konsa comes away...Holmes...Lancashire with it pressured by Ajose and clears
  • Shrews with McGivern...diagonal to Dobbs...flicked header tries to lob GK but Rudd collects...
  • HT 3-0
  • Fox...Foley...Charlton throw...Solly to take...JM...Solly...JM...beats black to the byline...cleared...

Half Time Charlton 3-0 Shrewsbury
  • If we turn up now to watch can we all do a walk in so it looks like we were protesting in the first half. This sounds a cracking match.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!