Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Shrewsbury- Match Thread

Comments

• Massives losing 2-1 at Burton Albion.
  • And Konsa has been class. Until the last 20 we weren't even playing very well... Like a training match now. I'd put lookman on for Foley he will scare them shitlessa
  • Will Slade take Holmes off because he is carrying an injury?
  • Amazed how quick fans are to to be supportive, almost as if nothing's happened in the last few years!

Playing well , but shrews are definitely not a bad side!
    Would be interesting to see how teams will play against us when we 'get found out' , as it seems teams are coming up against us and doing well but just not quite overcoming us
  • edited August 2016
    ross1 said:

Will Slade take Holmes off because he is carrying an injury?

If he is then yes save him for Saturday.

• 10 Attempts on goal 7
    6 Shots on target 3
    1 Corners 2
    4 Fouls 2
    1 Offsides 1
    47% Possession 53% (hard to believe)

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/index.aspx#SeojhbCJG60d3owH.99
  • dizzee said:

If we turn up now to watch can we all do a walk in so it looks like we were protesting in the first half. This sounds a cracking match.

Has been an excellent performance from the whole team... We still look shakey at the back but we're much improved going forward compared to last season.

Foley and Crofts have done really well themselves in the middle with Foley doing a good job tracking back and stopping a certain goal (Had to time his tackle to perfection else it would have been a penalty).

Ajose has been really unlucky and cant be waiting much longer for his first goal, first attempt his shot was well saved, then second was a pull back from Magennis yet wouldnt quite sit for him.

Should be more than 3-0 yet Shrewsbury arent quite out of this match themselves as they finished the half strong (Although that could partly be due to Charlton taking their foot off the gas a bit)
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we have gelled. Speaking of which I gelled a little bit when Holmes banged it top bins
  • Right, gonna take the dog out, go for a wee myself, then back for the second half.

Some trivia while I'm away:

1) Name the four full internationals on the pitch tonight
    2) Name the Shrewsbury player who won the FA Youth Cup
    3) The above player had three former teammates from said FA Cup winning youth side playing in one game in the Euros, which game was it and who were the players?

Bonus: Name all Premier League players from the Youth Cup winning side.

That'll test ya
  • Top scorers for the season...
    Jackson 2
    Holmes 2
  • (1) Foley / Magennis / Crofts plus one other
  • SDAddick said:

Right, gonna take the dog out, go for a wee myself, then back for the second half.

Up the same tree as your dog?
  • So, all that slagging off of our midfield eh?
  • (1) Foley / Magennis / Crofts plus one other

You got the easy ones ;)
  • pwr, too busy at the match, the covered end seems like there's even more in it tonight, has anybody posted a picture to see if there are more of us in it ?
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

10 Attempts on goal 7
    6 Shots on target 3
    1 Corners 2
    4 Fouls 2
    1 Offsides 1
    47% Possession 53% (hard to believe)

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/index.aspx#SeojhbCJG60d3owH.99

Corners 1
    Goals scored direct from corners 1
  • I hope the regime aren't looking at this scoreline and thinking it's job done in terms of the team we have.

There are a lot who will be doing just that. I bet this has put the smirk back on Squirrel Face's face.
  • SDAddick said:

(1) Foley / Magennis / Crofts plus one other

You got the easy ones ;)
    Is the fourth Botaka for Congo?
  • Despite the score line I think we have been outplayed in large parts of the game. Very open ended game and we look nervous at the back.

Let's hope we can hold out
  • Charlton 3-0 up and millwall 3-0 down.

End the season now.
  • Think we are still 3/4 players away from challenging in this league, but what's really encouraging is that our bench looks strong today and our first eleven are 3-0 up , if kashi, Lennon, Tex , diara all come back and we sign 2/3 more players we will have by far and away the strongest team in this league
  • Hopefully the boys uptop can get on the score sheet. A goal will do both the world of good.

That would cap a perfect night, both playing well and linking up...Adjose trying so hard
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!