Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton FIFA 17 ratings

124»

Comments

• Options
    They have finally got the live ratings for leagues other than the top leagues, so if Holmes has a shit game irl they downgrade them for the following week.

I'm all over ultimate team again, playing against humans is a lot better than against the ultra effective AI teams, and the squad building challenges are good, as I prefer hybrid teams etc rather than "fastest players in the prem" XI every bloody game
  • Options
    Currently at 57% of my download...

Although I can do the FA Cup Final (with Chelsea and Man U) demo, and initial thoughts on graphics and gameplay are incredible. Looking forward to having a relaxing week with it. (On another note, Far Cry 4 was one of the pre owned games I picked up to have a mess about with - stunning graphics on there too.)
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Just read that tapping R1/RB really quick will make a player come short to receive the ball. Can't prove it as I'm on holiday and not playing until Saturday. But heard it's a really useful move.

it's like the opposite of L1. L1 is make a run away, R1 is now make a run closer - very useful but completely passed me by too!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I've found Pearce is fantastic, and Kashi is an all-rounder. Botaka makes a good super-sub. Watt is decent, Novak and Magennis are being dumped. Ajose is ok, Lookman has a better shot on him. I don't like Crofts, maybe I'll give him another shot on your advice.

First thing I ever try to do in career mode is buy Jamie Murphy and Johnny Russell. I've got the former, he's a great finisher still. Will have to get promoted to sign the latter, who I consider to be the greatest video game player of all time.

At last a fellow Johnny Russell appreciator, does the job every year. What a man.
    He wasn't so great last season, which worries me. I first picked Murph and Johnno up in FIFA 12, and been obsessed with them ever since. I don't use skill moves much, rather I turn inside a lot which suits Johnny. I wonder if the older players like me are a bit like that.

I have found this FIFA is making my approach redundant at the moment, but I'll know more when I get my hands on him. A conservative estimate is that Johnny has scored 500+ goals for me in the last five years. He won the treble at Barca. Kept Messi out of the team!
    I'm not one for skills either, I'm more pass and move, truth be told I haven't a clue how to do skill. I've struggled on this one and found my usual approach isn't doing the business as well as it used to, seems skill moves are what most people are having success with
  • Options
    I have found the L2 button supremely useful so far this time around, using it to hold the ball up with a strong centre forward and then laying it off to a winger or attacking midfielder. I also think the defending is a bit better again this year, my players don't aimlessly wander from positions as much
  • Options
    10 games into season 2 and 7th in the championship, I signed oztumer from Walsall, archer from millwall due to potential and to replace rudd as I couldn't afford him and have built lookman upto 71, I have to bring through 8 youth players to play 20 games or more in 3 seasons, so far i've managed one, clearly the "premier league stars of the future" quote came into play
  • Options
    Think I am about to get the gooner from my Charlton team, haven't bothered with the youth set up goals despite being top of league 1 my rating is 48 and in red.
  • Options

Think I am about to get the gooner from my Charlton team, haven't bothered with the youth set up goals despite being top of league 1 my rating is 48 and in red.

Just sign a couple of youth players into the first team, bring them on for 10 mins at the end and your rating will shoot up to around 65 in no time.
  • Options
    @SDAddick

Good news, JFC, Watt, Byrne and Page are all in packs on UT as Charlton players, but not Dasilva.
  • Options
    I'm still annoyed that Aribo isn't in the game! Also, Dasilva was in it a couple updates ago (in Chelsea's squad) then he disappeared. Sort it out EA Sports, where are you priorities!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone got a FIFA clubs team needing players.
  • Options
    Update: Aribo is now in the game (get it), along with Archie Edwards. But all of CAFC's signings have disappeared from their previous clubs and not yet appeared in our squad. It's weird.
  • Options
    I remember having to go to gazelles video shop at the pantiles to rent FIFA 95 for the seaga mega drive for the weekend. How times have changed.
  • Options

I remember having to go to gazelles video shop at the pantiles to rent FIFA 95 for the seaga mega drive for the weekend. How times have changed.

Jesus forgot about that shop, was gutted when wizbits closed down at the top of Mount Ephraim!!
  • Options
    soft play in Catford used to be a cracking little shop one. Super Soccer for the super nintendo was the greatest......