Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield Agreed Deal for THD? CONFIRMED - UNDISCLOSED FEE (pg 8)

Comments

• Options

Is this not an over reaction?
    Has he displaced fox with any of the managers we have had no.
    Left backs that hold there own are comparatively cheap to come buy.
    We sold Harriet got mcgenis
    If and its a big if we sell THD and bring in a midfielder I'll be relatively happy

Yet Slade has publicly stated on several occasions that we already need five players without any departures.
  • Options
    This just strengthens my determination not to attend games. The lack of ambition is astounding yet not unexpected.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

I don't understand the 'thick' comment either

You don't know what you don't know!
  • Options

Who is going to buy Ba?

Tex is a good basic defender at championship level but if he was your best defensive option you'd probably be toward the bottom rather than at the top. He should be good for 4 years but it's a big commitment.

If she can't ship them out on loan or give them away, she will no doubt reach a settlement to cancel their contracts at huge and pointless expense to the club, just like the others. God knows how much money they have wasted on aborted contracts by now.
    Exactly, that's what I was thinking of in my post on page 4. Makes me sad & angry all the waste of money, caused undoubtedly by lack of competence.
  • Options

If and its a big if we sell THD and bring in a midfielder I'll be relatively happy

In player quality terms, yes. Roberto Carlos, he probably ain't.

But the bigger picture is that it's yet another young prospect out the door - probably for peanuts - weakening the squad while the proceeds are probably never seen again.

The recurring theme is that our club is a basket case.
    This!

Through either ability or squad 'thinness' , he has been on the bench every game this season... It's just creating another hole
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Leuth said:

There's a difference between apologism and critical detachment (from the squad-building process; there's still partisan support on matchdays) - Meire is clearly no Daniel Levy and she's fobbed off the fans in several extremely cack-handed ways but we shouldn't greet every outgoing with a chorus of loathing and despair.

So at what point, for you, does the multitude of mistakes with the incomings and outgoings add up to cumulative incompetence? Some of us passed that point a long time ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Richard Cawley is today reporting the agents of Tex & Ba have been hawking the players around the leagues, so far without success. Tex has a contract until 2020 I believe! Seems to me we cant move Tex on because he's on to big a contract.

It all adds extra pressure on the regime to generate more funds.

Good, I hope this mob lose as much money as possible.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    At one time I couldn't give a monkeys if the Douchbag was happy to let his 'adopted daughter' flush his money, albeit pocket change, down the pan. Trouble is it's just increasing the debt mountain. So if and or when he decides to call it a day it is going to be a game of poker as to how much he can recover in the sale price. No end in sight yet awhile I'm afraid so the protests have to go on and up a gear.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Who is going to buy Ba?

Tex is a good basic defender at championship level but if he was your best defensive option you'd probably be toward the bottom rather than at the top. He should be good for 4 years but it's a big commitment.

If she can't ship them out on loan or give them away, she will no doubt reach a settlement to cancel their contracts at huge and pointless expense to the club, just like the others. God knows how much money they have wasted on aborted contracts by now.
    Think that's the most likely option!
    Tex will see that no one wants him due to contract length and probably the clubs high asking price-
    Gets stubborn and tells Slade and kalamity Kat that he refuses to play for charlton again, so knowing Roland's headcount headache and the enlarged hole in the clubs wallet they'll pay him off.
    Tex will have seen that the club are easily pushed into that sort of action with bergdich et all , and KM will try and spin it saying
    "We had to pay tex off , because we can't start our new era with disruption to our club and our British squad"

Week down the line, Slade will say to the media that "we've had to be patient to sort out the tiexera situations... Did you see how patient we were , did you see that?"
    So it feels like we've devolved into arguing two points, one that we sell our good/promising players too easily, and the other that the club is a failure because they can't offload players (and in this case our two best CBs).

Going on the second point first, hopefully with Tex, unlike with just about anyone else, they've either demanded a transfer and a fee, or will not condone a loan where we contribute to wages. When done well, this is why you sign players on big contracts, so that you dictate the terms of when they leave. In the cases of Bauer and Tex I believe superficially we've done well. If Tex goes on strike, he'll be fined and hopefully it will be however many weeks he refuses to pay. Also, going on strike usually forfeits things like loyalty bonuses and various other clauses. This is not to say we have a successful or even coherent transfer policy, it's just to say "this may be an example of it working."

As for THD, I'm not as keen on hi as some. I think he looks promising but very raw. I think it likely that Slade will always prefer Fox and Solly, as both are better at defending than going forward. That said, I don't think we should be selling him. But that said, he needs to be playing. And when he was tried in pre-season he seemed to make some defensive errors, and since then, even in the League Cup, he's barely gotten a look in. I suspect he's the one driving this move moreso than the club. I'd guess he's fed up with something, possibly the goings on within the club, possibly being second choice, likely both.

That said, this feels a weird move as it seems unlikely he'll be first choice at Huddersfield. From his perspective I guess he'll be making more money, but would be in a similar quagmire playing-wise (albeit in a higher division).

• Options
    I've only read two pages of this thread, and I'm already fuming!
  • Options

On the face of it he's another squad player, but he's also very promising and provides quite a few options as he's versatile. Not to mention we have no depth at all on the left.

It's bad news however you look at it: a weaker squad, another replacement that needs to be introduced, another academy prospect being flogged at a cheap price (and it will be, understandably, due to his lack of game time) without really giving the club any service on the pitch and another homegrown player keen to escape.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who is going to buy Ba?

This is the crux of it for me. Roland has to put is hand in his pocket to make up for her mistakes. That then impacts Slade as he gets told X has to be sold and there's unlikely to be any funds for replacements.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during an RD/KM chat when she's explaining herself. Is it just that as long as she doesn't burn the stadium down, she has a job?

It's a strange relationship
  • Options
    Fox is 22 if THD was a serious threat it's not like fox is vastly experience I'm sure he would have had more game time especially as its been a while since fox was top of he's game and could have done with a break at various times over last season

Edwards is 19 maybe they feel he is more than capable of being an infill if needed.

I'm not saying its right but the fact might be they can pick up some money to push a deal for a player that will impact on the 1st team a bit more.

It's too blinkered at the moment the vast majority of club decisions over the last few years have been epic fails that doesn't mean every decision is.
  • Options
    HandG said:

All this stuff about him potentially being unhappy is rubbish. He's been in every squad to date and is an injury away from the first team-I don't care if that makes him unhappy and neither should the board and management! Having unhappy players is part and parcel of having a squad and part of Russel Slade's remit is to make sure that those with the hump are managed correctly and kept in the right frame of mind for when their opportunity arises. Unfortunately, as they have continually stated, our beloved Katy and that cunt in Belguim don't do squads and are kind enough to let unhappy players spread their wings elsewhere rather than warm our bench with tears in their eyes. Very sensible.

It's not as if Real Madrid are chasing him......

Huddersfield are the Real Madrid of, er, Huddersfield.
  • Options

I want to endorse the words of Athletico Charlton.

5 years ago, i was told by one of the dad's of an academy player that
    Gomez was the best prospect in the Academy by far.
    Holmes-Dennis and Lennon were also stand outs.
    The Guy wasn't the Father of any of the above but watched every home game and most of the away.

He felt that THD would become the full back or wing back who negated the used of having a left winger. Not surprised that the German Manager at Huddersfield would want that type of player at his club.

I guess Lennon will be left on the bench so he becomes pissed off as well

With young Bone leaving the Academy set up, the shambles continues.

Lennon will be left on the bench if Russell Slade thinks he's not good enough to start, do you propose we start playing players who are not good enough to play just to keep them happy?

• Options
    Bit disappointed in this, I've always seen loads of potential whenever I have seen THD play but then as other's has pointed out he has been kept out the side by Fox by every manager possible apart from Carol which probably speaks volumes. There must be something which the trained eye sees which we don't. Wish him best of luck and I just hope we have a sell on clause in case a lot of us end up being proved right. That said I'm very happy with Fox playing left back, and up to now he's been pretty injury free since his spell in first team and has proven to be very fit so should be okay for the long season. Haven't seen Edwards play since he was 14/15 so don't know if he will be good enough cover.
  • Options
    Don't worry everyone, when it gets to the stage in about November, that we really need a left back, Katy will unveil Kenny Sansom to us, he's unattached and has over 80 English caps.