Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We can prove the attendances are lies

13»

Comments

• Options
    The revenue from ticket sales line in the balance sheet in probably the only way of knowing the impact of boycotts for sure.
  • Options
    The Jackpot is quite a good indicator. In terms of transparency, the club could simply disclose how many comps are included in each attendance. That figure is declared to the Football League, so it's not as if they don't have it. Don't hold your breath!
  • Options
    I think it is very clear for most fans that our 'bums on seats' are about 7000.
  • Options
    The geezer who sits in front of me is fuckin massive 7001
  • Options
    I would imagine an issue with the jackpot is that some people who are attending will not be buying! The best indicator is the visual I would say if we can't get gate receipt data! What is important is by how much receipts have decreased!
  • Options

I would imagine an issue with the jackpot is that some people who are attending will not be buying! The best indicator is the visual I would say if we can't get gate receipt data! What is important is by how much receipts have decreased!

Possibly but it's unlikely this changes match by match, so is still useful to compare one match with another this season, for example.
  • Options

mogodon said:

View from upper west of east stand on Saturday 15 mins into the game.

Looks less than 1000 to me.
    Agree. which, looking at other pictures, makes a claim of 10,000+ utterly ludicrous, surely? A question for Meire next time she emerges from the bunker ... how are home gates calculated?
    The way they calculate it has been the same for some time. They add up the number of tickets sold and given away to give the attendance figure.

If they gave away 10,000 more tickets they would've claimed a 20k attendance.

I understand why it used to be done this way, counting all the ticket stubs is a waste of time. I would imagine the new computerised system will log how many codes are scanned each match day and might provide a more accurate figure.
    The computer system will. For it to be capable of preventing the same ticket being scanned multiple times (which it is, as I've accidentally printed tickets off double-sided and got myself in a tizz before.) it must have a mechanism for storing which ones have been redeemed. Furthermore, this would have to be centralized to ensure one ticket couldn't gain entry multiple times via different gates.

Besides - with the Belgian love-affair with data and stats - I can't see Katrien & Co missing that opportunity to harvest some more numbers.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

mogodon said:

Agree. which, looking at other pictures, makes a claim of 10,000+ utterly ludicrous, surely? A question for Meire next time she emerges from the bunker ... how are home gates calculated?
    The way they calculate it has been the same for some time. They add up the number of tickets sold and given away to give the attendance figure.

I understand why it used to be done this way, counting all the ticket stubs is a waste of time. I would imagine the new computerised system will log how many codes are scanned each match day and might provide a more accurate figure.
    The computer system will. For it to be capable of preventing the same ticket being scanned multiple times (which it is, as I've accidentally printed tickets off double-sided and got myself in a tizz before.) it must have a mechanism for storing which ones have been redeemed. Furthermore, this would have to be centralized to ensure one ticket couldn't gain entry multiple times via different gates.

Besides - with the Belgian love-affair with data and stats - I can't see Katrien & Co missing that opportunity to harvest some more numbers.
    Yes, but the staff may have an interest in concealing them.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

LuckyReds said:

mogodon said:

Oh, I don't doubt for one second that people will have access to these numbers but wish for them to remain a secret.

I do, however, suspect that "technical issues" would be the first excuse to be used should someone request them.
  • Options

They say the camera never lies and by heck, that is true in this case.

I can see where I have sat for the last 17 years is now nearly empty. (Not renewed my season ticket this year). And nothing Squirrel Face can say can convince me otherwise.
    I can see the row where I sat with my season ticket for 16 years is completely empty. Not one person sitting there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LuckyReds said:

mogodon said:

In which case get Squirrel Face to reveal them all in her next Powerpoint presentation. That will mean we'll never get to see them.