Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southampton (h)

Comments

• Options
    Are you serious that Southampton have sold out for this?

What the hell ... I can't see 3K saints fans coming to watch their u23's in the JPT
  • Options
    I thought only the west lower is open, how can there be an 'allocation'? Are they expecting segregation too?
  • Options
    Unless it's lower west just for home fans

But I'd be surprised if more then a 100 Saints fans turn up
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Richard J said:

It won't be the lowest attendance. I have heard that Southampton fans are buying tickets because their club has said that attendance at the Valley boosts their loyalty points and would increase their chances of getting tickets for bigger games.

So that basis there is a strong possibility that there will be more away fans than home fans in attendance tomorrow evening.
    A friend of mine is a Saints fan and said the same.

Apparently they have West Ham away coming up and the points thing comes in to it - especially being a new ground for them to visit.
    It's not that new a ground for them, they were in L1 with us not that long ago!

I can imagine the points tally might come into it for them though
  • Options
    Nothing about the game on the Southampton website or that they've "sold out"
  • Options

Missing this one.

Getting ready to come to Hove to see Kent hammer Sussex??
  • Options
    edited August 2016

shirty5 said:

Richard J said:

It won't be the lowest attendance. I have heard that Southampton fans are buying tickets because their club has said that attendance at the Valley boosts their loyalty points and would increase their chances of getting tickets for bigger games.

So that basis there is a strong possibility that there will be more away fans than home fans in attendance tomorrow evening.

Apparently they have West Ham away coming up and the points thing comes in to it - especially being a new ground for them to visit.

I meant West Ham being a new ground.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Richard J said:

I meant West Ham being a new ground.
    Ah yes :smile:

• Options

Think this fixture should have as minimal coverage as possible almost as though they are playing behind closed doors at Sparrows Lane such is the absolute farce of this competition.

Pick an U23 side ourselves, rest everyone who started on Saturday, name ourselves Charlton U23's for this match and stick two fingers up at any jobsworth who wishes to punish the club for this on the basis Championship teams are allowed to field U23 sides which we were ourselves just a few months ago. Refuse to pay any fine and hopefully it'll lead to us being kicked out of this whole farce.

Perhaps we will pay a fine the same as QPR when they were promoted to the Premier. :smile:
  • Options

Missing this one.

No, sadly.

My bushes are proving trickier than I imagined...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The players were told Saturday to expect this to be lowest attendance of the season, with the saints having sold only 150 tickets - we (as of Saturday) had sold less , or at least that's what the players were told!
  • Options

Missing this one.

No, sadly.

My bushes are proving trickier than I imagined...

• Options
    sammy391 said:

The players were told Saturday to expect this to be lowest attendance of the season, with the saints having sold only 150 tickets - we (as of Saturday) had sold less , or at least that's what the players were told!

In that case, I'm in. First game of the season for me post holidays.
  • Options
    Not sure I'll be flying home early from Portugal for this one.

1525 inc 274 Saints
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    Probably a comfortable 4-0 home win (but who gives a toss).
  • Options
    If we have to play at least 6 from the team on Saturday would start with the three subs who came on along with and crofts foley and Rudd. Then take the latter 3 off first time the ball goes dead.
  • Options

Are you serious that Southampton have sold out for this?

What the hell ... I can't see 3K saints fans coming to watch their u23's in the JPT

Read somewhere else on the site that 184 tickets were sold in total a few days back.
  • Options
    Forgot Lookman was a sub Saturday so can't play. So Hanlan and Bauer plus one of the other named subs from Saturday.
  • Options
    If you look at the online booking for this, block G in the lower west appears to be sold out. I assume that is what has been given to Southampton?

It appears about 5 other tickets have been sold!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If you look at the online booking for this, block G in the lower west appears to be sold out. I assume that is what has been given to Southampton?

I'm hoping it will be our smallest ever attendance.
  • Options

I'm hoping it will be our smallest ever attendance.
    I've just booked 2. Sorry!
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Richard J said:

All away fans wishing to visit West Hams new stadium, to see if you qualify for a ticket your points tally is now available at https://www.gov.uk or check your P60 ;)
  • Options

I didn't attend the 817 & 821 games on the basis that I didn't regard them as first class matches, although I did jump on the glory bandwagon for the Norwich & Wembley games.

However, 2 of my mates did and have accused me of not being a proper fan ever since. (In a wind up way).

They're both going Tuesday, so I've got to go to save myself from another 30 years of ribbing.

We too are hoping for an attendance of less than 817, so that we can say that "we were there".

Crawley will break the record.
  • Options
    If you don't go tomorrow don't bother going to Wembley for the final !
  • Options

I didn't attend the 817 & 821 games on the basis that I didn't regard them as first class matches, although I did jump on the glory bandwagon for the Norwich & Wembley games.

However, 2 of my mates did and have accused me of not being a proper fan ever since. (In a wind up way).

They're both going Tuesday, so I've got to go to save myself from another 30 years of ribbing.

We too are hoping for an attendance of less than 817, so that we can say that "we were there".

Crawley will break the record.
    Think Crawley will attract more fans than Southampton U23's. I think it's more the insult of playing a Premier League U23 team rather than the competition being the Trophy that makes people not want to go tomorrow night although I would still expect a very low turnout for Crawley.
  • Options

Forgot Lookman was a sub Saturday so can't play. So Hanlan and Bauer plus one of the other named subs from Saturday.

On England U20 duty anyway so wouldn't have been available
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Richard J said:

So on that basis there is a strong possibility that there will be more away fans than home fans in attendance tomorrow evening.
    They can buy a £10 ticket online but I guess they don't have to turn up. This will boost the official attendance, even though the actual one could be a couple of hundred.