Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southampton (h)

13»

Comments

• Options
    Southamptons side will have played as a team a few times already this season, we will have an ad hoc assemblage, with a lot of tryouts.
    If we get anything at all it will be an excellent achievement in the circumstances...but anyway if Southampton want it that much, let them have it. It isn't a match worth getting injured for, it will be akin to a behind closed doors workout, which is forced to open to the public.
  • Options
    Should be boycotted completely other than by Seb and any Southampton equivalents of Seb.
  • Options

Pick an U23 side ourselves, rest everyone who started on Saturday, name ourselves Charlton U23's for this match and stick two fingers up at any jobsworth who wishes to punish the club for this on the basis Championship teams are allowed to field U23 sides which we were ourselves just a few months ago. Refuse to pay any fine and hopefully it'll lead to us being kicked out of this whole farce.

I think the rules state we have to field at least five first team players
  • Options
    Is it u-21 or u-23 side from Southampton ?
  • Options
    It feels like the sort of competition you want to get knocked out of if you are a manager!
  • Options

It feels like the sort of competition you want to get knocked out of if you are a manager! fan

• Options
    EFL Cup, EFL Trophy.... For quite a few weeks I thought they were the same thing. I didn't know the former was actually the league cup until recently.....
  • Options

U23.

Looking at their site, Southampton's U23s played (and lost 3-0) on Sunday so they won't have had much time to recover for tonight.
  • Options

U23.

Looking at their site, Southampton's U23s played (and lost 3-0) on Sunday so they won't have had much time to recover for tonight.
    you will probably find they rested players who were playing tonight. Also can they not play over 23's returning from injury etc or have I got that wrong?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bolton-v-everton-you-need-11815086

It's 6 members of their U23 side that the PL clubs have to play, so the rest could be first teamers