Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gene Wilder RIP

Comments

• Options
    R.I.P Another great actor has left us.
  • Options
    My name is Jim... But most people call me... Jim
  • Options
    One of those passings that actually makes you feel sad. So many brilliant roles but the Waco Kid will always be my fave, RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    "And Charlie, don’t forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he’d ever wished for".

"What happened?"

"He lived happily ever after".
  • Options
    The Waco Kid . RIP. Extremely funny man.

But I shoot with this hand..........................

• Options
    So very saddened by this. 1 of my all time favourite actors. A comedy great.

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman!
  • Options
    RIP very sad ...so good in Willy Wonka
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saddened to read this. Really liked him and just had something about him where you just warmed to him as an actor - RIP
  • Options
    Another great loss this year, RIP Gene
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    CHG said:

Gutted, 2016 eh? RIP

He was 83.
  • Options
    Great comic actor. RIP
  • Options

Stir Crazy .... some lines from memory

Alex, may I present Chico - Chico, may I present Alex
    (good news) - my wine magazines have arrived ?
    Look ma, I'm dancing !
    You've cured my 10-year-old back problem - thanks, Cap !

So many simple lines but so beautifully, perfectly delivered. I can see him now, creeping up towards Grossberger .....
  • Options
    I went to see the Neil Simon play "Laughter On The 23rd Floor" in the West End purely because Gene Wilder was starring. It was so bad, I can honestly say it's the only time I have walked out of a theatre before the end. Gene Wilder was at least a saving grace, a great comic actor with impeccable timing.

Fortunately he won't be remembered for that debacle, more for the great films already mentioned.

RIP Gene
  • Options
    RIP. His Willy was incomparably better than Johnny's.
  • Options
    RIP. Great comic actor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP. One of the all time great comic actors
  • Options
    Very sad news, a fantastic comic actor and writer, Blazing Saddles, Stir Crazy, Willy Wonka, The Producers, all of them would make my all time favourite films list. RIP Sir and thank you for the comedy.
  • Options
    Life of Brian aside, Blazing Saddles is in my opinion the funniest film ever made, followed closely by Stir Crazy.

As others have said, a comic genius.

RIP Sir.
  • Options
    He was in a few classics, but when he wasn't, you always felt he was much better than the film. I think that shows what a great actor he was. Even a bad film couldn't drag him down and he made it watchable.
  • Options
    RIP :(
  • Options
    Blazing Saddles -funniest and most un-pc film I've ever seen, wouldn't be possible to make it now.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Tramp said:

Blazing Saddles -funniest and most un-pc film I've ever seen, wouldn't be possible to make it now.

It wasn't un-PC, it showed up bigotry for what it is, in the same way Till Death Us Do Part did. It could still be made today.

What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny"? "Make yourself at home"? "Marry my daughter"? You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.
  • Options
    During a long summer holiday, many years ago, I won first prize in a spelling competition at the local kids's centre. The prize was the Charlie & the Chocolate Factory book. Will always remember that and how Gene Wilder brought the character of Willy Wonka to life.

So many other great films - which I got to appreciate as I got older. Rest in Peace Gene...

• Options
    His delivery was so funny as a kid watching and genius as an adult watching again. He really was a scene stealer in every scene. I loved Richard Prior but I feel that he was just a stooge to Gene. His films will live on. Thanks to a great character actor.
  • Options

The true willy wonka

That film is on our sky box at home with a blue k next to it all my kids love that version and hate the jonny Depp version,

It's a timeless classic, it's close to being the most perfect family movie of all time

The man made that movie seem believable, he total captures the spirit of the script and made the screen version just magical,

When you have kids and you have a film that can keep them mesmerised no matter how many times they watch it, and you have 90 ish mins of family time undisturbed by squabbling you know that the ingredients are correctly put together by the director

RIP Gene abd thank you for what that film means to our household

Always a bit suprised at the bit where the chickens head is cut off though! ( its when they are on the boat).