Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

821 and 817 - anyone else there?

Comments

• Options
    was at both games wont be at this one and it has everything to do with the fucktards who are pissing about with our club
  • Options
    I was at neither, but then again I wasn't at the Villa FA Cup game.
  • Options

I was at neither, but then again I wasn't at the Villa FA Cup game.

But you must have been at the Valley in 1957 against Huddersfield, every Charlton fan and his dog was.
  • Options
    Went to both
  • Options
    I was at both games.
  • Options
    I was at both. Grimace when I think of that journey by car.
  • Options
    Yeah I did both games and the one at Everton :)
  • Options
    Was at both.

Won't be there tomorrow though.
  • Options

Portsmouth?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Portsmouth?
    Nope,I think that was the previous season.
  • Options
    I went to both
  • Options
    I was at both games,
    Remember following the crowd and ending at the Meat counter.
  • Options
    I went to both. In fact, I went to every home game we played at Sellout. But I won't be going to this one, wild horses couldn't drag me there.

New era? My arse.
  • Options
    I wasn't there.
  • Options
    I was there too, together with all the other home games at Sellout and Upton Park. Probably against my better judgement I've also decided to go tonight.
  • Options
    I used to go to virtually everything in those days but didn't do the 821 or the 817. Like a glory boy I turned up at the semi v Norwich which turned in to John Humphrey v Steve Bruce as everyone else was dead on their feet come the extra time. Who got the winner? I can only remember Walshie equalising after Paul Miller messed up for their goal. It all set up a thoroughly miserable day at Wembley v Blackburn of course....
  • Options

I used to go to virtually everything in those days but didn't do the 821 or the 817. Like a glory boy I turned up at the semi v Norwich which turned in to John Humphrey v Steve Bruce as everyone else was dead on their feet come the extra time. Who got the winner? I can only remember Walshie equalising after Paul Miller messed up for their goal. It all set up a thoroughly miserable day at Wembley v Blackburn of course....

I think John Humphries scored the winner, it may been deflected though.
  • Options
    I think it went down as an Butterworth o.g
  • Options
    Think that's right, Humph crossed it and it went off a few legs on the way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was at both. Halcyon days.
  • Options
    Seems that so many people are planning to go to be able to say they were there when we had a record low attendance, we might actually end up with our biggest crowd of the season to date
  • Options
    Sadly I'll never know. Pretty sure we went to one of the early home games, but I've got no way of finding out now!

Definitely went to the final. I hated Colin Hendry for most of my childhood. I remember someone shouting "it's a tinpot, Mickey Mouse piece of shit trophy anyway you northern monkeys" across Wembley Way. I used that line several times at middle school.
  • Options
    I was at both games - strange times - nothing changed there then. In an effort to keep the attendance down tonight I won't be going!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Sadly I'll never know. Pretty sure we went to one of the early home games, but I've got no way of finding out now!

Definitely went to the final. I hated Colin Hendry for most of my childhood. I remember someone shouting "it's a tinpot, Mickey Mouse piece of shit trophy anyway you northern monkeys" across Wembley Way. I used that line several times at middle school.

I took a disliking to colin hendry after that too and used the same excuse at school.

The match programme vs birmingham was a black and white pamphlet as i recall. Did they bother producing a programme for today's game?
  • Options
    Went to both and remember waiting in the cold and damp for almost an hour for a 75 bus home after one of those matches. Some of the players drove past tooting their horns - must have been cup fever. Needless to say I was the only one at the bus stop.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Hamlet said:

Went to both and remember waiting in the cold and damp for almost an hour for a 75 bus home after one of those matches. Some of the players drove past tooting their horns - must have been cup fever. Needless to say I was the only one at the bus stop.

I remember getting a bus to one of those games and some of the players were on the bus (albeit yoof players). Mickey Bennett got on with his boots in his hand.

The glamour of the cup.
  • Options
    I was there for both too
  • Options
    At both/
  • Options
    I was there for the Norwich and Wembley games and so predictable we lost the final, typical charlton.