Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slovakia vs England WCQ / Bratislava

Comments

• Options
    1-0 to the Ingerland .. yesssssssss ((:>)
  • Options

Glenn Hoddle is such a prick. He's talking about splitting the Championship in to 2 lots of 16 teams. That would be 8 less teams than there are there already.

They would be better of bringing faith healers.

The dislike I have for that man is massive.

I don't always agree with you mate.
    But right now 100pc
  • Options
    I'm at Letna watching NI against the Czechs. The Irish were the better team first half. Hoping to see Maginnes get on.
  • Options
    Magennis coming on
  • Options
    Only saw bits of England game but was Walcott back to his vintage worse , looked utter shit in the snippets I see
  • Options
    Yep.Lafferty was giving the ball away cheaply.

First time I have ever seen a Charlton player representing his country, in the flesh. 50 years..

And bloody hell he was nearly on the end of a cross there.
  • Options
    Can I use that photo of the betting slip to claim?
  • Options

Only saw bits of England game but was Walcott back to his vintage worse , looked utter shit in the snippets I see

He got clean in on goal at one point and despite being offside somehow managed to poke his shot wide, whilst on another occasion had a pretty open goal and managed to shank his shot well wide

Despite that I thought he put in some good crosses and played slightly better than Raheem Sterling
  • Options
    I can't tell Wayne where to play?
  • Options

That was a very strange interview, he seemed to say that Rooney can just do whatever he wants with no prior instruction and then Allardyce will tell him after the match if it was good or bad, really odd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ridiculous comment - that's literally your job, Sam.
  • Options

If you cant tell Wayne where to play your going to have problems with the rest of the Squad because everyone else will want to know why they have to listen to the Manager
  • Options

Player power gone mad.

So Sam won't tell him he on the Bench unless Wayne decides for himself.

Surreal.
  • Options
    It's good to see Big Sam has learnt from those in the role before him - that looked just like the clueless England we saw in France in the summer.
  • Options

He got clean in on goal at one point and despite being offside somehow managed to poke his shot wide, whilst on another occasion had a pretty open goal and managed to shank his shot well wide

Despite that I thought he put in some good crosses and played slightly better than Raheem Sterling
    What a choice, though. "Shall I pick a player who's pretty shit or the other one who's complete shit?"
  • Options

What a choice, though. "Shall I pick a player who's pretty shit or the other one who's complete shit?"
    Sterling's looked pretty good this season.
  • Options
    I think we all need to be more patient tbh....
  • Options
    se9addick said:

He's a good club player have always thought that but just dont get why he cant do the same on the International stage.

Its the same with Peter Crouch, has never really been THAT prolific at club level yet wasnt International scoring record something like one in every two?
  • Options

se9addick said:

He's a good club player have always thought that but just dont get why he cant do the same on the International stage.

Its the same with Peter Crouch, has never really been THAT prolific at club level yet wasnt International scoring record something like one in every two?
    Not sure - the teams he's playing against on a whilst basis for England are, on average, much worse than the teams he plays against in the Premier Leage. I guess the players he's playing with for City must be much better than the players he's playing with on England duty and that clearly has a massive impact on his performances.
  • Options

Glenn Hoddle is such a prick. He's talking about splitting the Championship in to 2 lots of 16 teams. That would be 8 less teams than there are there already.

They would be better off bringing faith healers.

The dislike I have for that man is massive.

se9addick said:

I'm not denying what he's done for City but he was dross yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

Maybe his heart isn't really in it? I'd imagine he chose England because he would get to go to major tournaments but can you really have the same passion?
  • Options
    A win's a win. We're not going to play pretty under Allardyce but I don't mind that as long as we get the results.
  • Options

I always like watching Lallana play for England as he's constantly busy and active, trying to find pockets of space, even when he was struggling at Liverpool. Pleased for him that he got his goal yesterday

Quality player. Probably the most gifted two footed player England have (yes I am aware they all have 2 feet). All that's missing is the goals. Think he's going to be a big player under Sam.

Kane needs to go back to Tottenham and get scoring again. Sterling clearly has ability but can't produce at International level.
    Kane seems a shadow of the player who hit the ground running in his first few England games, albeit that Slovakia had ten men behind the ball most of the time and there was very little creativity from the England midfield so he got no service yesterday.
  • Options
    Slovak media reported England fans causing trouble in the centre of Bratislava on Saturday night. Four arrests, according to one report. According to the local media, no Slovak fans were involved. So just the usual, then. :-(

No such reports in respect of the Northern Irish fans in Prague of course. In the stadium they were excellent, audibly shhhed themselves during the Czech national anthem, applauded it afterwards, and kept up a barrage of songs for the next 95 minutes, of which the most "aggressive" was "We forgot that you were here".(entirely justified)
  • Options

I always like watching Lallana play for England as he's constantly busy and active, trying to find pockets of space, even when he was struggling at Liverpool. Pleased for him that he got his goal yesterday

Dont know why but whenever someone mentions Lallana I always think back to Southampton the season they won League One... they came to the Valley and werent brilliant, Lallana scored a good goal (nothing amazing) but has always stuck in my mind
  • Options
    thing is England WON away against tricky opponents .. as for the errant Rooney .. I am pleased that Sam has not laid down a totally rigid pattern of play .. players need licence to use their initiative and experience to find space and attempt to influence the game from the best possible position as they see it .. we have needed more fluidity in the team for a long time ..
    good to see that Alli came back strong after his useless displays at the Euros .. Sam gave him a metaphorical kick up the backside and he's responded positively ..
    Kane's form is a worry as is the attack in general .. the back four and the midfield could be in situ for a nice long time
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Good cure for insomnia this game.

1-0 Slovakia written all over it.

Mystic Len does it again...

(I thought exactly the same)
  • Options
    What Sam says in public might be one thing, but something different in private. As for Kane there was one time when he got the ball on the edge of the area with a route towards goal and a shot, instead he took the ball towards the byline and tried to pass it into the middle. Obviously he lacks confidence, it happens, but he has talent and I'm sure his form will return, but let him do it with Spurs not England.
    Thought Alli made a positive difference and Henderson should remain in Liverpool.