Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vuelta a Espana (2019 from page 4)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2016

Froome's just smashed the first 12.5 k.

1min 30secs ahead of Contador ... after 24km

Dont these guys start 3mins apart so just imagine if Froome was to somehow get Quintana in his sights
  • Options
    After 24.3k froome still going well. Quintana 1 min 32 secs slower
  • Options
    This is why Quintana will never beat Froome at the Tour!!
  • Options
    Thought Froome had too much defecit but he is flying. Could be close. I assume winner after today cycles in uncontested like TdF?
  • Options

Thought Froome had too much defecit but he is flying. Could be close. I assume winner after today cycles in uncontested like TdF?

Mountain stage tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Reckon the defecit is slightly too much still but there is one more Mountain stage to come...

Its Sunday that'll be uncontested
  • Options
    5km to go and Froome has a lead of 1min 50secs on Quintana

Means he'll be 1min 50secs behind him in the GC if my dodgy maths is correct
  • Options

Should be over 2 mins by the end
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Should be over 2 mins by the end
    Yeah SkySports have just said he's now 2mins 1sec ahead...

Only just realised that Quintana is of course behind him isnt he!!
  • Options
    I was going to put money on Froome winning this Stage but decided against it because I dont know the opposition too well at the Vuelta
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016
    VUELTA A ESPANA
    Quintana finishes 2min 16sec down on Froome, so his overall lead is cut to 1min 21sec.

Probably still not enough to win the Vuelta... Quintana wont let him out of his sight, Froome's only hope is that he's cooked himself by trying to limit the damage created from the Time Trial today
  • Options
    Froome 2 mins 16 secs quicker than Quintana. 1 min 21 secs behind overall. ( I think)
    Could be interesting tomorrow though think Quintana will win.
  • Options
    Just caught up with today's events.

Froome was awesome.

Gutted to miss tomorrow's mountain stage as Sky, Orica and Tinkoff are all going to go full out on Movistar.

If you see me tomorrow, please don't tell me what's happened, I'm going to try to catch up on Sunday evening.
  • Options
    Gonna be some stage today ... Froome, Contador, Chaves and Yates all with something to race for
  • Options
    Movistar will smash the granny out of it, just like sky do for Froome at the tour. Froome will take 20 seconds max. The interesting battle will be Contador, Chaves, Yates and Talansky. Think Chaves will get third because Orica have a much better team 5han Tinkoff
  • Options
    Real cat and mouse today, Movistar keeping control but still 120k to go
  • Options
    Quintana was unbreakable ...worthy winner
  • Options
    Just remembered, it's got it's own thread.

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week34/la-vuelta-espana-2017
  • Options
    Stage 20 looks quite something. Not been used for four years, 117.5 km, with Alto de l'Angliri 12.5km with 9.8% average gradient and 23.5% steepest section!
  • Options
    Just noticed that Chris Froome has taken the GC lead today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Caught up with highlights of first three days. Clever ride by Froome today.

Great finish by Nibali.

Froome looks impressive. Provided he can avoid crashes and mechanicals (although he had one today) I can see him doing this.
  • Options
    Going for stage points and pushing for a win. He was dead keen today.
  • Options
    Is Gary Imlach ok? Seems to have aged a real lot lately. Perhaps it that his bits seem to be filmed in a dungeon.
  • Options
    Just caught up with yesterday's highlights. Fairly bland stage for the Vuelta, Froome retained the red jersey and the Yates brothers both in the top ten.

Today's stage looks more interesting.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Just caught up with yesterday's highlights. Fairly bland stage for the Vuelta, Froome retained the red jersey and the Yates brothers both in the top ten.

Today's stage looks more interesting.

This, they must have struggled with those hi-lights to fill an hour, total bore fest.
  • Options
    Strong ride by Froome yesterday, he is looking good.

Will catch up with today's highlights later tonight.
  • Options
    Froome attacked towards the end of todays stage and gained a further 17secs on the rest of the pack

Looks like the Vuelta could finally be his this year... Wonder if he'll ever attempt the Giro d'Italia, he's only done it twice with the last being in 2010 (got DSQ'd)
  • Options
    What a ride by Froome and Contador.
  • Options
    Bloody brilliantl Froome
  • Options
    Froome's a machine