Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

iPhone 7

Officially announced today. Available from 16/9 but orders start in a couple of days. Done away with the 3.5 headphone jack and a few technical upgrades, but overall am pretty non-plussed.

Am due an upgrade in a couple of weeks, have a 6 at the moment and depending on Vodafone prices might go for a 7 plus, but not sure.

Anyone else planning on buying one?

Comments

• Options
    Get an Xperia, I've got a 6s and an Xperia 5 and rate it better once you get over using ios
  • Options
    Can't believe it's not wireless charging.
  • Options
    How do you listen to music on it, on a flight, if there's no headphone jack?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Headphones plug into charging port. Adapter included
  • Options

So, it's a bit like any other phone, in that you can use Bluetooth headphones, but they've made it ever so slightly less convenient, because you need an adapter. Great.
  • Options
    It's like phones before 2006 where you had to use their own headphones
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

So, it's a bit like any other phone, in that you can use Bluetooth headphones, but they've made it ever so slightly less convenient, because you need an adapter. Great.
    And that you can't listen to music while charging your phone unless you want to fork out 150 for their Bluetooth headphones.
  • Options

It's like phones before 2006 where you had to use their own headphones

Difference now is, Apple own Beats. And what better way to boost Beats sales than by making them the primary iPhone supplier.

I've stuck with Apple through convenience rather than my appreciation of the handsets. This is enough to get me to switch back to my old Motorola.

• Options
    All I want is to make a call without my ear hole interfering with the hand set.
    I want my Nokia 3210 back. I don't need apps, twatter or face ache. And now my klipsch x whatever headphones, which can wank over any Beats, are supposedly obsolete.
  • Options
    Or you could use the included adaptor.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

You're screwed then if you want to use the headphone jack AND charge it though. Something I do quite regularly actually - charge my phone whilst at my desk and taking a call, or have it charging in the car with the audio piped to the radio via the AUX port.

Not to mention, I reckon those adopters will set you back at least £20 when you inevitably lose the free one! (Perhaps my opinion is clouded as I've had to spend £130 on two MacBook chargers in the past couple of weeks!)

I like Apple, I have a MacBook, an Apple TV (piece of shit. Get a roku), I'm typing this on an iPad and may get myself a Mac Mini tomorrow as I'd like to clear some space up around my desk. That said, I absolutely love my Android phone and do resent the money involved with Apple products.
  • Options
    I've always been about Apple. I've had the iphone 3gs , 4 , 5 , and now the 6 . I own an macbook and an ipad so as you can tell I'm a bit of a fan but one thing has got me thinking android now .

CORDEN!!!!

• Options
    iPhone 7+ for me, need a new one, and the upgrade program coming to the UK should make mobile phone networks panic
  • Options
    I'm going to pre order tomorrow. Looks a decent bit of kit to me. Will buy phone outright and have SIM only contract
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    7 in black 32gb for me.

Shame that the jet black only comes in 128gb and 256gb. I can't justify the extra £100 for a colour when I don't need the storage.
  • Options
    I have the 6s+ and don't see any reason to buy the new one, i'm not on contract either so no upgrades available.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

LoOkOuT said:

You're screwed then if you want to use the headphone jack AND charge it though. Something I do quite regularly actually - charge my phone whilst at my desk and taking a call, or have it charging in the car with the audio piped to the radio via the AUX port.

Not to mention, I reckon those adopters will set you back at least £20 when you inevitably lose the free one! (Perhaps my opinion is clouded as I've had to spend £130 on two MacBook chargers in the past couple of weeks!)

I like Apple, I have a MacBook, an Apple TV (piece of shit. Get a roku), I'm typing this on an iPad and may get myself a Mac Mini tomorrow as I'd like to clear some space up around my desk. That said, I absolutely love my Android phone and do resent the money involved with Apple products.
    Yep just had the same with my 'macbook pro' magnectic connector, have to buy the whole charging kit, for a worn cable that was the issue with 'i phones'. £68 apparently. Personally I am disappointed that Apple have gone down the wireless route, but then I essentially use mine my phone for calls,texts, photos, which explains why I have kept the 4s for over six years now. I might even opt for the 6s if they are selling them at a reduced rate, ( I might add that it would have to be considerable). However, I am sure for sons who have to have the latest Apple phones and break them within a couple of months, will advise me to buy the 7. How much are apple charging for this latest 'must have' ? . I am used to a 'free phone' which of course is not 'free' and paying say £20 a month on a low 'useage' tariff. Or is it going to be something like £45 to be 'stylish' then they can shove it, and I stick with the 4s....... yeah thought so 4s it is!
  • Options
    Just bought an SE and if Apple carries on like this then it will be the last iphone I buy. Taking away the headphone socket is utterly ridiculous. Either you use an adapter (in which case you clearly wanted the socket) or you use the stupidly expensive wireless air pods, one or more of which I guarantee you will lose within a matter of days!
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

LoOkOuT said:

Yep just had the same with my 'macbook pro' magnectic connector, have to buy the whole charging kit, for a worn cable that was the issue with 'i phones'. £68 apparently. Personally I am disappointed that Apple have gone down the wireless route, but then I essentially use mine my phone for calls,texts, photos, which explains why I have kept the 4s for over six years now. I might even opt for the 6s if they are selling them at a reduced rate, ( I might add that it would have to be considerable). However, I am sure for sons who have to have the latest Apple phones and break them within a couple of months, will advise me to buy the 7. How much are apple charging for this latest 'must have' ? . I am used to a 'free phone' which of course is not 'free' and paying say £20 a month on a low 'useage' tariff. Or is it going to be something like £45 to be 'stylish' then they can shove it, and I stick with the 4s....... yeah thought so 4s it is!
    The price of their products might be high, but that's because they like to pay a generous wage to their staff in Chinese factories. Looking forward to the next gen iwatch thingy, the badge of the Berk.
  • Options
    ads said:

LuckyReds said:

LoOkOuT said:

The price of their products might be high, but that's because they like to pay a generous wage to their staff in Chinese factories. Looking forward to the next gen iwatch thingy, the badge of the Berk.
    They dont like to pay tax though...
  • Options

Can't believe it's not wireless charging.

Is that right? Just how out of date are those morons? Even my car has a built-in wireless charging pad in the central arm rest thingy. Only plug my phone in to recharge it when I'm on holiday. Hey, Apple, it's the 21st century now you know!

Rotten to the core.
  • Options
    If you're wanting the Jet Black, you've now got an expected wait of two months.
  • Options
    Ordered a grey iPhone 7 64gig, just couldn't justify the cost of the plus and pocket space required.

Will be selling my iPhone 6 grey 64 gig once it arrives.