Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

iPhone 7

Comments

• Options
    Cant wait for Leroy to see this thread.
  • Options
    Glovepup said:

Ordered a grey iPhone 7 64gig, just couldn't justify the cost of the plus and pocket space required.

Will be selling my iPhone 6 grey 64 gig once it arrives.

My 6s+ comfortably sits in the back pocket of my jeans although need to be careful when I'm pulling my trousers down to use the Khazi.

Not sure I could go back to a normal size phone now as I value the larger screen!
  • Options
    I really don't know how anyone can justify getting the iPhone with the Note 7 out now. It's leagues ahead.
  • Options
    Boom said:

Cant wait for Leroy to see this thread.

Seen. Vom.
  • Options
    From what i've read online, unless you're due a free upgrade or you're an Apple obsessive, it doesn't seem like there's much point in getting the 7. You might as well wait for next year when it's the 10th anniversary of the first iphone and get the 8.

Personally i've always had iphones and probably always will unless something amazing comes and blows it away. However i don't see a point in getting every new one, so i tend to get every other new one, ie. 4 then 6, then 8.
  • Options

I really don't know how anyone can justify getting the iPhone with the Note 7 out now. It's leagues ahead.

http://gizmodo.com/samsungs-galaxy-note-7-recall-is-a-nightmare-so-far-1786448890

I particularly like this quote: "The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CSPC) has now officially weighed in, urging all Galaxy Note 7 owners to power down their devices and not use them."

Yes, leagues ahead.
  • Options

http://gizmodo.com/samsungs-galaxy-note-7-recall-is-a-nightmare-so-far-1786448890

I particularly like this quote: "The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CSPC) has now officially weighed in, urging all Galaxy Note 7 owners to power down their devices and not use them."

Yes, leagues ahead.
    Don't worry Apple will probably copy that too in a couple of years and their fanboys will be claiming it's an original feature that is the way phones are going and is in no way a design flaw..
  • Options

From what i've read online, unless you're due a free upgrade or you're an Apple obsessive, it doesn't seem like there's much point in getting the 7. You might as well wait for next year when it's the 10th anniversary of the first iphone and get the 8.

Personally i've always had iphones and probably always will unless something amazing comes and blows it away. However i don't see a point in getting every new one, so i tend to get every other new one, ie. 4 then 6, then 8.

The fact I'm due a free upgrade on 22/9 is the only reason I'm getting one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I left iPhone two years ago, far happier with the Sony Xperia Z3 compact. I'm due an upgrade now as it happens but think i'll be sticking with Sony.

Would love someone to convince me to get this but if you still can't get Showbox on the iPhone then the task becomes even more difficult and the fact they advertise it being waterproof as a selling point is laughable as my Z3 compact has been waterproof already for two years.

£799 for a 256GB version? I'd rather buy a laptop computer for that price. Or I could pay £50 a month on a contract wth 3 which is more than I currently pay for my Sky Sports TV package.

The game is up, anyone who buys this has more money than sense. Would love someone to tell me what the iPhone 7 will do that an Android phone can't.
  • Options

I left iPhone two years ago, far happier with the Sony Xperia Z3 compact. I'm due an upgrade now as it happens but think i'll be sticking with Sony.

Would love someone to convince me to get this but if you still can't get Showbox on the iPhone then the task becomes even more difficult and the fact they advertise it being waterproof as a selling point is laughable as my Z3 compact has been waterproof already for two years.

£799 for a 256GB version? I'd rather buy a laptop computer for that price. Or I could pay £50 a month on a contract wth 3 which is more than I currently pay for my Sky Sports TV package.

The game is up, anyone who buys this has more money than sense. Would love someone to tell me what the iPhone 7 will do that an Android phone can't.

Surely this will clinch it for you?

http://mashable.com/2016/09/10/airpods-safety-strap/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link#GNXvp8v5L5qw
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Surely this will clinch it for you?

http://mashable.com/2016/09/10/airpods-safety-strap/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link#GNXvp8v5L5qw
    It could be a clincher, looks like I might as well chuck my Bluetooth wireless headphones in the bin! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I've just got the Z5 compact. Still getting used to it, and android, as been ios for a few years and never had android before. Hate the size of modern phones, had the 6s but sold it pretty quickly and went back to my 5s but wanted a slightly bigger screen.
    Love the size n feel of the z5 as it's a decent screen size but because it's a little thicker it isn't as long and wide as other phones with the same size screen. fits perfectly in my hand and the fingerprint button is in a better position than on the iphones. Plus can add an sd card. Not had any problems with it so far although there are a few things i'm not liking with the apps, especially the music and podcasts and I feel that ios does do a better job of running and syncing apps, but I can't see me going back to the over priced iphones.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

I've just got the Z5 compact. Still getting used to it, and android, as been ios for a few years and never had android before. Hate the size of modern phones, had the 6s but sold it pretty quickly and went back to my 5s but wanted a slightly bigger screen.
    Love the size n feel of the z5 as it's a decent screen size but because it's a little thicker it isn't as long and wide as other phones with the same size screen. fits perfectly in my hand and the fingerprint button is in a better position than on the iphones. Plus can add an sd card. Not had any problems with it so far although there are a few things i'm not liking with the apps, especially the music and podcasts and I feel that ios does do a better job of running and syncing apps, but I can't see me going back to the over priced iphones.
    Much appreciate the review of the Z5 compact even if it's not a brand new phone out I'm looking to get it and think it's better than the more recent Sony Xperia X phone just out.
  • Options
    So who's getting one tomorrow? Not many people are by the sounds of it. No stock for walk-in customers apparently, pre-orders only.
  • Options

So who's getting one tomorrow? Not many people are by the sounds of it. No stock for walk-in customers apparently, pre-orders only.

Can't upgrade till 22/9. Will do it then.
  • Options
    Never understood people getting excited about a new telephone. It's just weird.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ios10 is a pain in the arse but eventually I'm sure I'll get used to it
  • Options
    No such thing as a free upgrade, especially when it comes to iphones.
  • Options

DRAddick said:

Much appreciate the review of the Z5 compact even if it's not a brand new phone out I'm looking to get it and think it's better than the more recent Sony Xperia X phone just out.
    Don't know why Sony don't get more appreciation for their phones. Usually have a top camera, decent screen, first big player with water resistance, and the style of the phone is usually spot on too. I am due an upgrade in 2 weeks, have had a Z3 for the past 2 years and am moving on to the newest flagship Sony, the XZ, due out 6/10, looks decent so far.

Apple can do one, overpriced shitheads who haven't released anything truly innovative for a while now
  • Options

That will be a deliberate and cynical marketing policy by Apple. They could of course have had sufficient stock for launch but so much more fun to torture all their acolytes by creating a false impression of popularity and shortages. There will be p!enty around come xmas shopping time natch.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Never understood people getting excited about a new telephone. It's just weird.

Do you get excited about anything? I don't mean that sarcastically, but surely it can only seem weird if you never, ever get excited about something new, like a movie, album, TV show or gadget?
  • Options
    Surely there is not much more innovation to be had phone wise and they all do pretty much the same thing now.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    There's a fantastic clip of American comic Bill Burr's take on Steve Jobs on YouTube.
    No idea how post a link on here, but do watch: Just put in 'Bill Burr destroys Steve Jobs.'
    Very, very funny.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

That will be a deliberate and cynical marketing policy by Apple. They could of course have had sufficient stock for launch but so much more fun to torture all their acolytes by creating a false impression of popularity and shortages. There will be p!enty around come xmas shopping time natch.
    Yep. And they do it every year.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

No idea how post a link on here

In this day and age, that's unacceptable.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

There's a fantastic clip of American comic Bill Burr's take on Steve Jobs on YouTube.
    No idea how post a link on here, but do watch: Just put in 'Bill Burr destroys Steve Jobs.'
    Very, very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3s-qZsjK8I