Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pub names

Comments

• Options

I used to run with the Orpington Road Runners and they meet in Green Street Green outside the Buff

Go for a run then in the buff for a drink!!

Named after a breed of chicken "The Buff Orpington"

I used to run with the Orpington Road Runners and they meet in Green Street Green outside the Buff

Apparently a good later ,and quality meat.Sounds like my ideal lady

Apparently a good later ,and quality meat.Sounds like my ideal lady
    Layer I meant to say
    The edit button is your friend... ;)
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

The Dew Drop Inn, New Cross. Not sure whether its still there but it used to have some wierd unique wall art.

Long gone that one, closed in the mid 90s I think and is flats now.
  • Options
    the wrongun in bexleyheath is a strange one, although cricket themed name does say a lot about some of the regulars.
  • Options
    The Cock & Bottle
  • Options
    The 'The Who’d ‘a’ Thought It?' on Plumstead Common has an unusual (albeit not unique) name. Never thought it was much good in my youth but it still appears to be open.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

The Dew Drop Inn, New Cross. Not sure whether its still there but it used to have some wierd unique wall art.

Nah, it's gone mate. Well turned in to housing. Yeah, that fella coming through the wall. Very strange.

A New Cross pub but was never really a Millwall pub at anytime. Mostly students and beatniks I think.

• Options
    The Cock and Monkey, Rotherhithe.

Now a block of flats
  • Options
    When I lived in Oulton Broad, there was a boozer just outside Lowestoft called The Glue Pot
  • Options

Solidgone said:

Nah, it's gone mate. Well turned in to housing. Yeah, that fella coming through the wall. Very strange.

A New Cross pub but was never really a Millwall pub at anytime. Mostly students and beatniks I think.

I played 5 a side football nearby and that was the nearest watering hole.
  • Options
    What was the boozer up Blackpool where they had topless barmaids and midget tossing? The Jagged Axe? There's at least one person on here who can confirm, but as we always said; what goes on in Blackpool, stayes in Blackpool
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What was the boozer up Blackpool where they had topless barmaids and midget tossing? The Jagged Axe? There's at least one person on here who can confirm, but as we always said; what goes on in Blackpool, stayes in Blackpool

Think that could be the Jagged Thistle. Topless female mudwrestling that you could join in with as well so I've been told.
  • Options
    The honest lawyer in Sunny Scunny.
  • Options

Think that could be the Jagged Thistle. Topless female mudwrestling that you could join in with as well so I've been told.
    Might be Jagged Axe over Shoreditch now I come to think it, old strippers pub. Bit of a theme here...
  • Options
    The Pungent Armpit
  • Options

The Pungent Armpit

Heard it's can be a bit hairy sometimes.
  • Options

The Pungent Armpit

Is that the one that has everything on tap but no bottle?
  • Options

I remember a gay pub in Blackpool called The Flying Handbag. Only ever walked past it. Obviously. :blush:

• Options

Did they toss midgets?

If so, I'm in for next season.
  • Options
    off subject but heading to a gig at kentish town tonight any recommendations for a good pub?
  • Options

Did they toss midgets?

If so, I'm in for next season.
    Toss, meaning throw, before AFKA gets all excited

; )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Pungent Armpit

@cabbles has been banned from that one.
  • Options
    The Duke without a Head somewhere in Kent.
  • Options
    drove past one yesterday near the old Cowley works .. 'The Bullnose Morris'
  • Options
    The Old Doctor Butlers Head in the city.
  • Options
    John the Unicorn in Peckham (there was also Dead Dolls Cafe, which was pretty weird).
  • Options
    First In Last Out, Cinque Ports and the Jenny Lind.
  • Options
    Princess Alice, opposite Belmarsh, named after the paddle steamer that sank in the Thames, near by, or the Gully Pot in Hartfield, Sussex, or just up the road, the Colemans Hatch, and, nearer home, the Sole Bay Inn, Southwold.
  • Options
    not sure if its still there but "The First and Last"

had/has "First Inn Scotland" on one side and "Last Inn Scotland" on the other
  • Options

In other news, the Titanic has hit an iceberg
  • Options

In other news, the Titanic has hit an iceberg
    ?