Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When Does Our New Manager Usually Get Parachuted in?

I couldn't be doing with booing the team at the end of the game yesterday, and I'm not saying that to have a go at the fans , they pay their money, it's up to them what they do, we're all different and want the same thing.

But I did say to my son when we were 1 nil up, if we're struggling to beat ( and obviously in the end we didn't) a newly promoted team, it's going to be a long , hard season, and this is before injuries / loss of form kick in.

We didn't look like a team yesterday, and I think Slade is on a hiding to nothing, before the inevitable axe is wielded.

His pride might be dented, but I'm sure that will be compensated by his contract being paid up, and his bank balance rising significantly.

We simply don't look good enough, not competitive enough as a team, and just going through the motions for the sake of a decent pay check, there didn't seem to be a lot of leaders in the team, I'm dreading what Millwall are going to do to us.

Maybe we've not yet quite hit rock bottom yet, and still have a way further to fall, maybe I'm over reacting on one dodgy match, but it sure as heck wasn't a good advert to come back (regardless of who owns the club).

Groundhog Day will I'm sure come along soon enough , and Russ will be out of the door, but how long do you think the club will give it?

I have no idea what plans the club have in place if things go pear shaped (ie revert to type, parachute in another bod from the lower depths of the Belgium league) so when do you think the next incumbent will walk in the door?

Comments

• Options
    Soon.
    I mentioned elsewhere the only thing missing from yesterdays pre-match briefing was his orange jumpsuit. It was like he was reading a script with Katie hovering in the background.
  • Options
    Given the history of this regimes steadfast support of managers, I would say when the next crisis builds enough traction, the first reaction will be to sack Slade.
  • Options

I couldn't be doing with booing the team at the end of the game yesterday, and I'm not saying that to have a go at the fans , they pay their money, it's up to them what they do, we're all different and want the same thing.

But I did say to my son when we were 1 nil up, if we're struggling to beat ( and obviously in the end we didn't) a newly promoted team, it's going to be a long , hard season, and this is before injuries / loss of form kick in.

We didn't look like a team yesterday, and I think Slade is on a hiding to nothing, before the inevitable axe is wielded.

His pride might be dented, but I'm sure that will be compensated by his contract being paid up, and his bank balance rising significantly.

We simply don't look good enough, not competitive enough as a team, and just going through the motions for the sake of a decent pay check, there didn't seem to be a lot of leaders in the team, I'm dreading what Millwall are going to do to us.

Maybe we've not yet quite hit rock bottom yet, and still have a way further to fall, maybe I'm over reacting on one dodgy match, but it sure as heck wasn't a good advert to come back (regardless of who owns the club).

Groundhog Day will I'm sure come along soon enough , and Russ will be out of the door, but how long do you think the club will give it?

I have no idea what plans the club have in place if things go pear shaped (ie revert to type, parachute in another bod from the lower depths of the Belgium league) so when do you think the next incumbent will walk in the door?

I think you're over reacting. They won't want to sack him, it took them ages to get a willing candidate and if they sack him & return to the network, then The Valley could go up in flames.
  • Options
    I can't see them sacking him for a while yet. But if we are bottom half come Xmas goodbye Slade hello Nobby Vinegar
  • Options
    Slade will be gone by end of October. We will be in a relegation scrap by Christmas. We will escape relegation in the second to last home game of the season.
  • Options

I think you're over reacting. They won't want to sack him, it took them ages to get a willing candidate and if they sack him & return to the network, then The Valley could go up in flames.
    If we continue to stay mid table he'll not last the season, history suggests anyway.
  • Options

If we continue to stay mid table he'll not last the season, history suggests anyway.
    Well obviously. I was referring to the next few months. The majority of managers don't last the season if the owner thinks the team should be doing better.
  • Options
    I think the owner has staked so much on Slade to not only turn it round but also appease the fans that he cannot fire him before the New Year. After all, we were hardly inundated with applicants (no, Katrien, we weren't whatever you claim) and if Slade is fired then Roland may well revert to his C-list standbys. Riga by mid February anyone?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Fiiish said:

stonemuse said:

Fiiish said:

Slade will be gone by end of October. We will be in a relegation scrap by Christmas. We will escape relegation in the second to last home game of the season.

Got next weeks lottery numbers?
    Yup.

2 - percentage of fans protesting
    13 - number of chips per serving
    3 - price increase for buying a ticket on match day
    6 - number of head coaches sacked by RD
    9 - days it took for the club to sort out Guy's work permit
    18 - number of games Tony Watt played while on loan at rival clubs

Bonus ball - undisclosed
    :smile: but it's 14 chips
  • Options
    November 7th, two days after we go out of the FA cup in the first round to a Ryman League side.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Fiiish said:

stonemuse said:

Fiiish said:

Got next weeks lottery numbers?
    Yup.

2 - percentage of fans protesting
    13 - number of chips per serving
    3 - price increase for buying a ticket on match day
    6 - number of head coaches sacked by RD
    9 - days it took for the club to sort out Guy's work permit
    18 - number of games Tony Watt played while on loan at rival clubs

Bonus ball - undisclosed
    :smile: but it's 14 chips
    Not after your mate claims the 'chip tax'!
  • Options

Well obviously. I was referring to the next few months. The majority of managers don't last the season if the owner thinks the team should be doing better.
    And that is a big problem nowadays. Stability has gone flying out of the window everywhere.

Clubs should stick with managers and give time.
  • Options

He'll stay because that's exactly where we will be, mid-table, and half the fans will say if you protestors supported the team we could be in a play off place so it will be our fault. The only way he'll get sacked is if we are in bottom 5 and we probably have enough to avoid that. Being mid-table this season will be another nail in the coffin for our great club. We'll lose more fans and the bastards won't be going anywhere.
  • Options
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade,
    Summer spent drinking lemonade,
    Fleetwood, Wimbledon, put him in the shade,
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade.

Russell Slade never explained,
    Why his team were poorly trained,
    Never once did he assert,
    That none were fit to wear the shirt.

Russell Slade always ignoring
    Hoof-ball makes for football boring.
    Fans all watch like graveside mourners,
    Charlton botch up all their corners.

Russell Slade will never win it,
    His team gives up in the tenth minute,
    Can't be asked to run and strike it,
    Eff of fans, if you don't like it.

Russell Slade, Russell Slade,
    Under worked, and overpaid,
    Yet when he's sacked, he'll have it made,
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade.
  • Options

Another sign of how far we have fallen. That a mid-table finish in League 1 in front of a two-thirds empty ground could be considered good enough for nothing to be changed.
  • Options
    We won't be going up or down this season. Slade will be given until Chrisrmas 2017 when we will still be floundering about.

My answer is : December 2017
  • Options
    mogodon said:

I think the owner has staked so much on Slade to not only turn it round but also appease the fans that he cannot fire him before the New Year. After all, we were hardly inundated with applicants (no, Katrien, we weren't whatever you claim) and if Slade is fired then Roland may well revert to his C-list standbys. Riga by mid February anyone?

I think RD is realising he is driving down a long cul-de-sac in a gas-guzzler. I reckon RS will be sacked by new owners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016
    when the next premier league manager is relieved of his duties, and Rusty is head hunted.
  • Options
    Two words. Herman Hreidersson. Or another two. Nathan Jones.
  • Options
    I think Nobby Vinegar deserves a go or failing that give KF another try.
  • Options
    I don't think the regime are too concerned about being in the promotion hunt. We have a mid table squad and a middle of the road manager. Slade will only be sacked if we fall into a relegation battle.
  • Options

We won't be going up or down this season. Slade will be given until Chrisrmas 2017 when we will still be floundering about.

My answer is : December 2017

I would like to think you are correct, do not ask me where, but hopefully we would have made some sort of progress to have lasted so long.
  • Options

Two words. Herman Hreidersson. Or another two. Nathan Jones.

Or Guardiola, Conte, Powell, Curbs, Matt Busby from the grave.

Makes no difference at all. It is impossible to create a successful side under this regime. Not been impressed with any of their appointments, Slade included, but, apart from Fraeye who was totally clueless, they've failed for reasons beyond their control.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    When does our new manager usually get parachuted in?

When the old one's results fall too far behind Thomas Driesen's current playthrough on Football Manager.

(TD's current record is played 7 won 7, scored 48 conceded 0 in tutorial mode.)
  • Options
    Next manager. Locked on FACT.

• Options
    To be fair Seth, I trussssst in him.