Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scunthorpe v Charlton | Tue 20 Sept | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Russell Slade is clearly a 442 man. Could play Foley as RW to narrow the pitch when they get the ball and provide more defensive solidity. Bauer should come in now. Lookman is best, as has been said already, in central areas, getting shots away, so a free role in behind the striker would suit him well. Ajose should be dropped, may give him a wake up call. My guess would be:

Rudd
    Solly Bauer Pearce Fox
    Foley Ulvestad Crofts Holmes
    Lookman
    Novak/Magennis

We have to get a result here, a loss and 1 point in 9 could quickly become 1 in 12 on Saturday and begin to look very worrying. I'll say 1-1, Lookman.
  • Options
    Will Meire be there?....now that is the BIG question on all our lips
  • Options
    FORD said:

She'll be playing central midfield
  • Options

FORD said:

She'll be playing central midfield
    Is that a euphemism?
  • Options
    Can't see us winning this one 2-0 to them.
  • Options
    Addicks to nick a point 1-1, match thread from 6.45
  • Options
    Even this early in the season this is a six pointer. We cannot afford to lose this one and go 10 points behind scunny. Its always hard to know whether Charlton are going to turn up or not this season. We didnt away to Bury or Fleetwood but a win here would show the league that we are real contenders and I am hoping for a fired up reaction to put things right after Saturday. Surprise 2-1 to us.
  • Options

Even this early in the season this is a six pointer. We cannot afford to lose this one and go 10 points behind scunny. Its always hard to know whether Charlton are going to turn up or not this season. We didnt away to Bury or Fleetwood but a win here would show the league that we are real contenders and I am hoping for a fired up reaction to put things right after Saturday. Surprise 2-1 to us.

I hope you are right which is what I'll be going to the game with more than expectation.
  • Options
    Tonight is the night when we realise that we are not going to be challenging for promotion this season. Far from it

3-1 defeat
  • Options
    Win this and we are back on track

Such situations rarely work well for us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really need a performance and at least a point.

However we can't defend, we allow teams easy crosses, sadly think it could be a comfortable home win 3-0 but really hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    0-3, Magennis, Holmes, Snoop.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Redrobo said:

Redhenry said:

Novak will start against Scunny

Still going with 4-4-2 then. I don't think Russ plays anything else really.
    He already has, 4-4-2 diamond v Bolton.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    shirty5 said:

Decent pub by the train station at Scunthorpe called the Honest Lawyer.

Meire might be in there!

I was hovering on a flag but I see what you did there :wink: .
  • Options
    I think I have Slade's card marked. Defensive performance from a side that leaks silly goals. I predict a 2-0 defeat.
  • Options
    I suspect a typical charlton result after losing a game they would have been expected to win they will go out and win a game the form book says they should lose. 1-0 to the Addicks
  • Options
    1-0 smash and grab with 42% possession and Jacko with a late winner
  • Options
    Setting of shortly for a new ground, not many to go these days, obviously difficult game but as ever COYR.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-1 win For the addicks, smash and grab.
  • Options
    Don't get the 'back on track' notion. Based on Saturday the only track we can hope for is mid table at best. No midfield, leaky defence and a limp attack. Can't win promotion with two wingers and eight centre backs.
  • Options
    significant changes in line up, some forced, some not but we eek out a 0 - 0
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Unchanged team. 3-1 defeat.

This ...Haven't seen the lads play this season but from what I've read on here, we're far too predictable. I'll go for 2-0 to the Iron
  • Options
    Sneaky feeling we will somehow manage to win this one 0-1.

Rudd
    Solly
    Pearce
    BFG
    Fox
    Holmes
    Crofts
    Ulvestad
    Lookman
    Novak
    Magennis
  • Options
    Backed us for the win tonight
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Backed us for the win tonight

Damn you clb!!!!

Just lumped a tenner on us to win...
  • Options
    3-1 to Scunny, but as I'm always wrong, I live in hope.

I'm confident there will be changes. Bauer for Konsa and Novak for Ajose as a minimum.
  • Options
    Bauer has to come in for Konsa, to give the kid a rest if nothing else. Still won't be enough, though, unless something miraculous happens in midfield. Therefore, a 3-1 defeat beckons, although we may be lucky to get 0.
  • Options
    No Novak or Holmes in the 18!