Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

collecting stuff.

Comments

• Options

http://m.atchuup.com/weirdest-collection-of-things-ever/

some strange ones on there.

number 21 is a bit silly.

I wonder if any of those people are married.
  • Options
    Action Man and Marchbox cars or any other toys from my youth
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Anything related to Charlton Athletic.

Programme collection currently stands at approx 6,800. Most can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/addicks7-6/sets/

Currently in the process of scanning and cataloging other memorabilia which will hopefully appear soon.

See, I told you my 3,500 was modest :)
    Got some catching up to do!
  • Options
    Addicks1965, Its not the size its the quality ;-)
  • Options
    A thing of beauty.
  • Options
    Freshly laundered underwear. The decline of communal drying areas has slowed things down in recent years.
  • Options
    money .. and spending it
  • Options
    books
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aches & pains.
  • Options
    I used to collect plastic bags from record shops in the 1970s/80s... I wonder where they are now.

Used to try and have a model of every car I've owned but some have been so shite nobody has ever bothered making a model of them.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

New £5 notes being bought for £400-800 dependent on numbers PER NOTE..

Oh bollocks. I got given a new fiver on day one as change, showed it off to everyone in the pub and then spent it, not been given one since.

More expensive round than I realised.

I do keep currency notes of every country I've been to. I won't spend the last one in the airport, port etc.
  • Options
    Bit obscure but currently collecting anjunabeats vinyl records. Got back into trance music recently and this is my favourite label, only got 15 more to get so won't be an ongoing thing.
  • Options

Anything related to Charlton Athletic.

Programme collection currently stands at approx 6,800. Most can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/addicks7-6/sets/

Currently in the process of scanning and cataloging other memorabilia which will hopefully appear soon.

Very impressive. I gave my old programmes to the Museum so enjoy looking at these from now on. Great idea to catalogue on-line.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

I collect WW2 bits and pieces, I love studying Military History and have a nice collection of various original pieces including deactivated weapons, grenades,fighting knives, and hundreds of other interesting artefacts. I also have a few items from WW1 including a beautiful 1916 Luger. I have just bought this little fella a 1943 dated Lee Enfield Mk4, attached, it has 6 notches on the stock (you make your mind up what they are for) before it was converted as a drill purpose weapon in the early '60's. I could bore anyone for ages about my collection. ;o)

As an MA instructor, I have a substantial collection (approx 12) of original Samurai Swords one dating back to 1550, I also have original Samurai clothing, hats and even a smoking pipe from circa 1800. Antiques and collectables are a great way to invest money.

What a collection mate I doff my cap
  • Options
    My thoughts
  • Options
    edited September 2016

True

Goalkeeper seems like a nice chap and good to see a father and son combo for Ordnance.

More seriously. What's on the reverse Henners.

• Options

True

Goalkeeper seems like a nice chap and good to see a father and son combo for Ordnance.

Don't have a pic but there is some text.

We won 8 -0

Oldest known CAFC home programme I'm told but there are older aways in collections.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IHG Rewards Points!
  • Options

True

We won 8 -0

Oldest known CAFC home programme I'm told but there are older aways in collections.

After a promising start, the visiting team lost there way

Boom.......... boom
  • Options
    I used to collect silver commemorative coins which started from when I was young and my grandad who worked for Natwest used to bring them home for me until my girlfriend told me I was a sad boring bastard for doing it, they now sit in the loft and the collection hasn't been added to for a while.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

I used to collect silver commemorative coins which started from when I was young and my grandad who worked for Natwest used to bring them home for me until my girlfriend told me I was a sad boring bastard for doing it, they now sit in the loft and the collection hasn't been added to for a while.

Do you collect anything now?
  • Options
    shine166 said:

True

We won 8 -0

After a promising start, the visiting team lost there way

Boom.......... boom
    Or just firing blanks :)
  • Options
    I've just stuck some old music memorabilia (Mainly concert programmes) up on ebay. Finally clearing the loft!

My current collecting passion is Malt Whisky. Having to buy 2 or 3 bottles of everything (one for drinking, one for saving, one for selling) can get a little expensive but it will hopefully turn a profit.
  • Options
    The closest thing I have to a collection is my array of whiskies. It is mostly Scotch but a few others in there too.
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

Do you collect anything now?
    Only sex bans!!!
  • Options
    On a serious note I wouldn't say I'm a collector but I've amassed a few watches over the years and a few nice pens, Mont Blanc etc
  • Options

I've just stuck some old music memorabilia (Mainly concert programmes) up on ebay. Finally clearing the loft!

My current collecting passion is Malt Whisky. Having to buy 2 or 3 bottles of everything (one for drinking, one for saving, one for selling) can get a little expensive but it will hopefully turn a profit.

Fiiish said:

The closest thing I have to a collection is my array of whiskies. It is mostly Scotch but a few others in there too.

we should swap notes @Fiiish :)