Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

collecting stuff.

13»

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't have your discipline in not drinking the ones I intend to sell.
  • Options

Trainers.

All Adidas and virtually all suede.......

Got about 100 pairs.

Trainer botherer myself, currently on 54 pairs of adidas.

• Options
    Fiiish said:

I know what you mean
  • Options

I've just stuck some old music memorabilia (Mainly concert programmes) up on ebay. Finally clearing the loft!

My current collecting passion is Malt Whisky. Having to buy 2 or 3 bottles of everything (one for drinking, one for saving, one for selling) can get a little expensive but it will hopefully turn a profit.

Fiiish said:

The closest thing I have to a collection is my array of whiskies. It is mostly Scotch but a few others in there too.

we should swap notes @Fiiish :)
    Plastic Fivers?
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

On a serious note I wouldn't say I'm a collector but I've amassed a few watches over the years and a few nice pens, Mont Blanc etc

You sad boring bastard!
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

On a serious note I wouldn't say I'm a collector but I've amassed a few watches over the years and a few nice pens, Mont Blanc etc

You sad boring bastard!
    Bollox will have to chuck them in the loft now!!!
  • Options
    Charlton programmes, badges, beer glasses and fridge magnets.
  • Options
    I have a, comparatively, small collection of Star Wars toys, and I 'collect' wine.
  • Options

I've just stuck some old music memorabilia (Mainly concert programmes) up on ebay. Finally clearing the loft!

My current collecting passion is Malt Whisky. Having to buy 2 or 3 bottles of everything (one for drinking, one for saving, one for selling) can get a little expensive but it will hopefully turn a profit.

Fiiish said:

The closest thing I have to a collection is my array of whiskies. It is mostly Scotch but a few others in there too.

we should swap notes @Fiiish :)
    I'm in.

I currently have about 45 bottles, although I don't collect in the traditional sense as almost all of mine have been opened and tasted. I just enjoy a good whisky and buy a bottle when I see an interesting one I think I could like. I will admit to having a weak spot for Islay whiskys and Laphroaig in particular.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

I know what you mean
    Me as well, it used to help us get through the poker nights :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nerd confession time...

Comic book original art, mainly 2000AD pages.

Space/astronaut stuff, books, autographs, I've got a box of used Space Shuttle parts too
  • Options

Trainers.

Got about 100 pairs.

Trainer botherer myself, currently on 54 pairs of adidas.

never considered myself a collector but when we moved in march my mrs pointed out that i had 36 pairs of adidas trainers, i have bought another three pairs since.

also only buy my 3 year old son adidas trainers which annoys the hell out of my mrs, his big sister is 8 so knows what she wants a bit more than her brother but i have still managed to get a few adidas in her wardrobe!

got my mrs a pair of pink suede gazelle for Christmas and had the kids names put on them so she has to keep them and pretend she loves them!
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I have a, comparatively, small collection of Star Wars toys, and I 'collect' wine.

I had a load of old Star Wars toys that I got rid of when I moved out of my ex girlfriend's place, always regretted it.

Blokes never really grow up do they, their toys just get more expensive.

My wife just can't get her head around the stuff I collect for my garage, especially the cost of some of it. She just thinks it's old junk that she'd pay to have taken away (maybe she's right!)

I've been told that when I kick the bucket, it's all going on ebay along with my Charlton stuff and signed albums etc and she's going on a world cruise.
  • Options

I had a load of old Star Wars toys that I got rid of when I moved out of me ex girlfriend's place, always regretted it.

Blokes never really grow up do they, their toys just get more expensive.

My wife just can't get her head around the stuff I collect for my garage, especially the cost of some of it. She just thinks it's old junk that she'd pay to have taken away (maybe she's right!)

I've been told that when I kick the bucket, it's all going on ebay along with my Charlton stuff and signed albums etc and she's going on a world cruise.
    i think you better get your will amended to leave it to the museum before @Henry Irving finds out!
  • Options

Trainers.

Got about 100 pairs.

That was me a few years ago. Sold most of them for decent prices. Ones off the top of my head I've kept are O/G Kegler Supers, Solebox Berlins, Hanon Indoor Supers and Crooked Tongues Munchens. Not a hell of a lot of suede there. I've got two pairs of Forest Hills 72 that I couldn't move on. Mostly Padmore & Barnes, Yuketen, Quoddy, Redwings and the likes on my feet now.
  • Options
    @hawksmoor @SuedeAdidas whats the rarest you have ever owned/own my pride and joy is a pair of Dublin's in pristine condition haven't even been worn.
  • Options

@hawksmoor @SuedeAdidas whats the rarest you have ever owned/own my pride and joy is a pair of Dublin's in pristine condition haven't even been worn.

I'm not a real collector in the sense that I search out 'rare' pairs or those considered to be desirable. I mainly just go for pairs that I like.

I know that I do possess some fairly rare pairs (more by luck than judgement) - Stockholms, Malmos and afore mentioned Dublins.

I buy mostly Gazelle OG these days as they are so comfortable and come in loads of coulourways.

The rarest pair I own in my terms (i.e. Took me 2 years to find) was a pair of Gazelle Vintage in blue. I found them on eBay and my max bid of £250 was just about enough to get them.

I'm not prissy about them though. They all get worn and I don't clean them much. They pretty much all have a fair smattering of dog shit and pub urinal splashback I'm sure.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I know those Solebox Berlins took a lot of tracking down. I knew they were being released in limited quantities at 12noon on a Saturday. The only thing was, we had an early home kick-off that day and I missed out. Ended up tracking down a pair in Sweden. I've also got the Crooked Tongues Londons. Not for the purist maybe. I could probably get more for my O/G Keglers. Still pristine, and still with the replacement pegs and spanner thing. They weigh a ton, though.
  • Options
    Football shirts from places I travel from around the world but my favourite obscure one is probably Phuket Town in Thailand.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    hawksmoor said:

I know those Solebox Berlins took a lot of tracking down. I knew they were being released in limited quantities at 12noon on a Saturday. The only thing was, we had an early home kick-off that day and I missed out. Ended up tracking down a pair in Sweden. I've also got the Crooked Tongues Londons. Not for the purist maybe. I could probably get more for my O/G Keglers. Still pristine, and still with the replacement pegs and spanner thing. They weigh a ton, though.

Were those London consortium the ones that came with the Pint glass? I got some of those too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

hawksmoor said:

Were those London consortium the ones that came with the Pint glass? I got some of those too.
    they are literally worth a fortune seen them changing hands for 500 a pair. the thing is now with sites like ebay people buy up the releases and then flog them on, i know a guy that buys 2 pairs of every release 1 to wear and 1 to keep with the tags on, instagram is full of people that are obsessed i dont know how they afford it all.
  • Options

hawksmoor said:

Those are the ones, mate. I never liked them on really. There was a lot of creasing on the toe box after about an hour's wear.

• Options
    I'm another lover of adidas. My treasured ones at the mo are my Dublin's & Athen's. I just sold my suede's, the red with lime green stripes as I never wore them, & I needed some quick cash. I had around 25 pairs, malmo's, night joggers to name a couple but I'm down to around 10. I've a good mate over here who has hundreds of adidas.
  • Options
    Sounds to me all this talk of trainers should be on the savings & investments thread.
  • Options
    It explains why I can never get the same pair of trainers when the old ones wear out. I didn't realise they're all short production run one-offs for collectors.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

It explains why I can never get the same pair of trainers when the old ones wear out. I didn't realise they're all short production run one-offs for collectors.

Not the ones I get in Sainsbury's... Or should I start collecting them?