Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Whisky

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Coming back through duty free this week I convinced the wife that a bottle of this was a good buy.....
    Linky..... mmmmmm, nice
  • Just got home from a long weekend in Edinburgh. Plenty of decent whisky drunk, and saw this bad boy & had to do a double take on the price!!

Pour yourself a large one every time we beat millwall and it will last 800 years
  • Aberlour 10 yr 70cl £22 at Sainsbury's. Just got a couple of bottles.
  • ‘They had such funny brand names: Laphroaig, Lagavulin. “What is that?” I thought. But it made me begin to think properly about Scotch whisky.’

Four decades of collecting Whisky

I keep trying to do something like this but, for some reason, The contents of the bottles just seem to keep on disappearing ;)
  • Just bagged myself a litre of Laphroaig Four Oak. I'm not a huge fan of the QA Cask which i got last time, but I'm a Laphroaig fan so though it worth a try. Shame they don't do the 15 year old any more. That was gold in a glass
  • There's a certain class to this thread that simply doesn't exist on the wine and beer threads,
  • There's a certain class to this thread that simply doesn't exist on the wine and beer threads,

I agree.
    That's the most depressing picture I've ever seen.

I agree.
    To be fair Johnnie Walker Red would be thus described
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:

Just bagged myself a litre of Laphroaig Four Oak. I'm not a huge fan of the QA Cask which i got last time, but I'm a Laphroaig fan so though it worth a try. Shame they don't do the 15 year old any more. That was gold in a glass

The four oak is excellent
  • Not sure if I should post this here or in the Things that annoy you thread.

Got back from Holiday last week to find the house broken into and the twats took my unopened bottle of Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix!

Trying to replace it, but current Prices on e-bay in the region of 500 euros! F*ckers!
  • While I was up in Chesterfield for the away game we visited a pub called The Market. It had one of the best selections of malts I have ever seen in an ordinary pub. It turns out the landlord is a Scot and likes a dram or two.

I bought myself a shot of Octomore bottling 7.1. It's a special bottling from the Bruichladdich distillery on Islay. Beautifully powerful with the heavy peaty taste you'd expect from an Islay malt.

Surprisingly, it's only been aged 5 years. This stuff could be awesome in another 5 to 10 years in the cask.

Linky
  • 3rd June is 'Ardbeg day'
    They are launching their special bottling, Kelpie' at special events around the country.
    In London the launch event is at the Greenwich Yacht club. If you're a Peat Head when it comes to whisky you'll love this. Tickets are £40.00 per head.
    Linky
  • Sounds very tempting. Had an ardbeg for the toast at my wedding. It had a name like uisahahdhkskskdjfdkskrnf
  • Drinking toffee whisky tonight. Certainly not one for you purists, but it's a lot of fun. One bottle of whisky, one bag of Werthers original. Mix, wait (several weeks unfortunately), then drink.

Fantastic!
  • McBobbin said:

Sounds very tempting. Had an ardbeg for the toast at my wedding. It had a name like uisahahdhkskskdjfdkskrnf

Uigaedial?
  • McBobbin said:

Sounds very tempting. Had an ardbeg for the toast at my wedding. It had a name like uisahahdhkskskdjfdkskrnf

Uigaedial?
    That's the fella. Very tasty. Worth a place on anyone's tray/minibar/hiding in the toilet cistern.
  • Stig said:

Drinking toffee whisky tonight. Certainly not one for you purists, but it's a lot of fun. One bottle of whisky, one bag of Werthers original. Mix, wait (several weeks unfortunately), then drink.

Fantastic!

I like whisky, I like Werthers original ... and I became a grandad last year (twice). Could be the drink for me!

... and to think I was nervous about suggesting a nice slice of Dundee cake as an accompaniment to your favourite malt.
  • Sipping my way through a bottle of Sainsbury's own brand Speyside single malt.
    I like it (getting a bit fed up with Islay malts) and at £20 a bottle it represents good value for a daily drop.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Sipping my way through a bottle of Sainsbury's own brand Speyside single malt.
    I like it (getting a bit fed up with Islay malts) and at £20 a bottle it represents good value for a daily drop.

Nothing wrong with some of the supermarket own labels. Often better than Teachers, White horse etc. Lidl had an interesting looking range last Christmas. Sadly, no longer available and I didn't get to try them.
  • Just finished a bottle of Yamazaki Single Malt Whisky from Suntory Whisky Company, Japan. It was a present from my son to celebrate my 65th birthday. Excellent!
  • Copper rivet distillery in chatham dockyard has just started to produce its 'naked whisky' called son of a gun. Very sweet, will be interesting what's it's like once aged, only another 8 years to wait till first tasting!!
  • Toffee Whisky - The Sequel. I forgot to mention, when you make it, is separates into two layers. One almost clear and a similar colour to the original whisky - perhaps a little darker and certainly more viscous. The other is a creamy colour with a foamier texture. Yesterday we drank the clear part. Tonight we poured the foamy section over pancakes. Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.
  • We are on the island of Sardinia at the moment and very nice it is too. Our hotel has a very good selection of single malt whiskey but they seem to price a "wee dram" by the age. I was on a very nice 16 year old Langavulin Monday evening at 16€ a nip, And last night the 12 year old MacAllan was..........you guessed it 12€ a nip.
  • We are on the island of Sardinia at the moment and very nice it is too. Our hotel has a very good selection of single malt whiskey but they seem to price a "wee dram" by the age. I was on a very nice 16 year old Langavulin Monday evening at 16€ a nip, And last night the 12 year old MacAllan was..........you guessed it 12€ a nip.

At those prices I'd be on the two year olds

Sardinia is expensive all round, not just the Whiskey.

Sardinia is expensive all round, not just the Whiskey.
    Have a good holiday mate and enjoy the whisky: )
  • Must be why they drink a lot of young whiskies in Italy? Can be very nice. Nowt wrong with Mcallan as well

Lagavulin 16 is my favourite Islay dram. but 16 euros a shot I think I might be on white horse :)