Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Protest for a fiver- v Rochdale. 01/10/16

Comments

• Options

Would rather give £10 to support the Belgium 20 in another adventure in that bastards homeland

FYI - Belgium20 use the same protest fund as CARD do.

Please all keep donating as we have massive plans this season and the only limitation is cash.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

When RD has sold up, when KM has been dismissed and when Charlton have people running the club who have the best interests of Charlton at heart, I'll be back.

But now that the soul of the club has been removed, the excitement has vanished and the interest is almost non-existent, there's nothing that will get me back to the Valley while these dangerous imbeciles are still in control.

But, to those worrying about the long-term support of gone-away fans, I'll say this...

When the rumours of RD selling up start (and I have no reason to believe that might be soon), the enthusiasm will return. When those rumours gather pace, the wide-spread excitement will return. And when, finally, he hands back control of the club to proper, Charlton people, the now-latent passion for Charlton will be unbottled.

The first game after these idiots have gone will sell out.

Until then? Football for a fiver? Fuck off. Unique match day experience? Fuck off. Roland, Katrien, Tony and all your pathetic apologists? Fuck off. Soon.

Cracking post, BUT we all have to be aware that Duchatelet selling could lead us to further financial problems, depending on who he sells to.
  • Options
    For sure.

Choice a) sell to someone with bags of cash who will appoint a decent team and look for promotion to the Premiership and success fro there

B) sell to someone with ambitions but limited resources who tries to so the best with what we have and can develop

C) sell to someone either with money that they aren't prepared to spend (Roland I'm thinking of someone like you), or has no money and no ambition.

Why would someone in the C) category bother?
  • Options

Chizz said:

When RD has sold up, when KM has been dismissed and when Charlton have people running the club who have the best interests of Charlton at heart, I'll be back.

But now that the soul of the club has been removed, the excitement has vanished and the interest is almost non-existent, there's nothing that will get me back to the Valley while these dangerous imbeciles are still in control.

But, to those worrying about the long-term support of gone-away fans, I'll say this...

When the rumours of RD selling up start (and I have no reason to believe that might be soon), the enthusiasm will return. When those rumours gather pace, the wide-spread excitement will return. And when, finally, he hands back control of the club to proper, Charlton people, the now-latent passion for Charlton will be unbottled.

Until then? Football for a fiver? Fuck off. Unique match day experience? Fuck off. Roland, Katrien, Tony and all your pathetic apologists? Fuck off. Soon.

Cracking post, BUT we all have to be aware that Duchatelet selling could lead us to further financial problems, depending on who he sells to.
    Alright. I'll bite. Describe to me the type of owner that would be worse than the current one.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Alright. I'll bite. Describe to me the type of owner that would be worse than the current one.
    The type of owner that would let the ground fall into disrepair ?; the type of owner that leaves the valley and makes us share with Crystal Palace ?; the type of owner that would move the club to Milton Keynes ?
  • Options
    If we stormed Duchatelet's office as Liege fans did and take the battle to Belgium he would sell. Basically he is two things a) a bastard (He enjoys having the power to ruin people's lives) and b) a coward. B is the trait we need to focus on. We are effective when we embaress him and cause him problems. That is teh only reason he will sell.
  • Options
    When I read a post from LTGTR, I am always reminded of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2gobFpLkiY
  • Options

When I read a post from LTGTR, I am always reminded of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2gobFpLkiY

Can you not post as LTGTR please as I get it confused with LGBTQ. Thankyou.

• Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

It was not a wind up, or a better the devil you know remark.

Murray sold to this idiot so what is to say it could not happen again.

Of course, I am prepared to take our chances.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

£5 a throw to tell them to go.

We've done that many times.

Stop giving them money ffs people, no matter what amount. By being in the stadium you are vindicating these scumbags.
    No you are not!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Complete reboot for me please. AFC Charlton will get me interested in going again..

Shit owners
    Bung taking managers
    Millionaire journeyman players
    Cnut agents
    FIFA
    UEFA
    FA
    Fusball League...

You can all burn in Hell as far as i am concerned!
  • Options
    Not paying to attend the Valley is the only tangible protest that I have, I am not prepared to pay money to such a regime. I went to Oxford last week and will continue to attend away games but will only return to the Valley when the Belgian exodus is complete
  • Options
    Lets form a huge conga line around the valley and dance as we sing "Roland is a coward, Roland is a coward, now sell our club, yeah, now sell our club"
  • Options
    FORD said:

Lets form a huge conga line around the valley and dance as we sing "Roland is a coward, Roland is a coward, now sell our club, yeah, now sell our club"

On Tuesday night you could have done the conga round the burger van.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

If he sold to one of his business acquaintances so he still kept hold of the club
  • Options
    Just had a really heavy downpour in south west London that briefly turned the garden into a swimming pool.its stopped now and the water has drained away but the forecast for London seems to have rain. I bet they still turn the sprinklers on
  • Options
    Daisy has just had her hair done as well...

"Damn you CARD!"
  • Options
    Are they charging the £3 walk up premium? My brother and his son want to go.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    seth plum said:

not today @seth plum , there was a tweet confirming that yesterday

• Options
    Croydon said:

seth plum said:

Be interested to hear what the logic of that is that can't be applied to other matches.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

No.
  • Options

Croydon said:

seth plum said:

Be interested to hear what the logic of that is that can't be applied to other matches.
    With the pathetic promotion of this FFAF (considering the previous attempts used the fans to tweet etc), they must be hiping for a healthy walk up, so telling them to pay an extra £3 for the privilege wouldn't go down well
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Croydon said:

seth plum said:

With the pathetic promotion of this FFAF (considering the previous attempts used the fans to tweet etc), they must be hiping for a healthy walk up, so telling them to pay an extra £3 for the privilege wouldn't go down well
    Or they were hoping for a healthy walk up as sales have been poor and it is now pissing down
  • Options
    Expected to be agonising over not bothering with this, but the decision's been surprisingly easy.

It's due to rain all afternoon, which isn't going to help matters down there. (Good, sod 'em.)
  • Options
    Wasn't going anyway, weather has made the decision easy.
  • Options
    Anyone know how many tickets have been sold?
  • Options
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

If you weren't going anyway, the weather couldn't possibly have had a bearing on your decision.
  • Options

Take a look at the booking page on the website - https://booking.cafc.co.uk/ticket.aspx?fixture=cb9b381a-60e1-e511-940b-005056b76ddb

Most of the stands are pretty full in the middle but loads of spaces in the wings.

I'll hazard a guess of 16 or 17,000.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

If you weren't going anyway, the weather couldn't possibly have had a bearing on your decision.
    Pedant :wink: