Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ba and Tex need to get back in this team.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

CAFCsayer said:

Tex not starting is fucking ridiculous... He was first choice centre-back in the Champions League two years ago

He played in the U23 game yesterday, scored 2 from close range and gave away a penalty.

One observer wrote on that thread something like, "Tex looked like he's still doing his pre-season".

So contributed a 1 goal swing to the game, more than half of our players are capable of
  • Options
    It's a sign of poor management that Tex and Ba are consigned to the under 23s. Surely the right sort of encouragement should persuade them to change their attitude, even if it's getting them to put themselves in the shop window. I saw Ba a couple of times last season and he can be a handful. He might give the ball away on occasion but at least he tries something positive. He should be in the first team squad.
  • Options

It's a sign of poor management that Tex and Ba are consigned to the under 23s. Surely the right sort of encouragement should persuade them to change their attitude, even if it's getting them to put themselves in the shop window. I saw Ba a couple of times last season and he can be a handful. He might give the ball away on occasion but at least he tries something positive. He should be in the first team squad.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Tex Igor and Tony Watt all not playing for us.because we are so good we don't need them.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I reckon if I was manager I could persuade Ba and Tex to want to play with us until the next window, just by having a short positive conversation with each one. I would point out how it is in their interests to do so and pragmatism would surely win the day because it is true, it is in their best interests. Due to the poor transfer dealings in the summer, we need what they have until we can fix the error. Barnsley were in the relegation zone last Christmas - it can be turned round but every point lost makes it harder.
  • Options
    Have either Ba or Tex ever stated that they do not want to play for CAFC?
  • Options
    alangee said:

SLP reported that Ba wanted his contract paid up in the summer.
  • Options

alangee said:

Rumoured that the club were willing to let him go for free if he could find another club. He couldn't find another club so asked that his contract be paid up in full. (I believe it's usual for there to be some discounting when contracts are paid up). The club couldn't agree with that...
  • Options

I reckon if I was manager I could persuade Ba and Tex to want to play with us until the next window, just by having a short positive conversation with each one. I would point out how it is in their interests to do so and pragmatism would surely win the day because it is true, it is in their best interests. Due to the poor transfer dealings in the summer, we need what they have until we can fix the error. Barnsley were in the relegation zone last Christmas - it can be turned round but every point lost makes it harder.

I agree, and it's even more baffling if the rumors are true that "Tex isn't in Slade's plans." Because we're keeping so many clean sheets as is...

Although to be fair, if you have no tactical plan, no way of keeping meaningful possession, don't score goals, and have most of your team caught upfield on set pieces, you're going to concede a lot of goals.
  • Options

alangee said:

Well therein lies the problem with terminating every contract that you've lost interest in. Why would Ba bother trying to play himself into the manager's plans or put himself in the shop window when all he has to do is skip training for a few weeks and get Bergdyched off with a nice lump sum
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The issue for every manager to make the best use of the resources available to you. Fine if certain players are destined for the exit up until the window closes.

Once the window closes it has to be in everyone's interest for everyone to contribute to the squad. In an era where 3 or 4 month loans have been commonplace where's the difference.

Texeira indicated in the close season he had no problem staying but clearly did not think it would be the case because of the cost of his contract.

Ba was told to find another club and again found no one was prepared to take on his contract.

If the remaining squad were performing then maybe these lads could stay on the periphery but they are not.

In terms of Ba, once Thompson did not come in there should have been the chance to sit down with Ba, give him a kick up the backside, tell him to grow up and start to rebuild his career.

By the same token I found the departure of Holmes-Dennis very short sighted. In a position where there always appears to be a dearth of quality why would you not want the option of a different style (attacking) of full back and someone able to offer a great deal more mobility on the left of midfield?

I am not sure "I looked him in the eye and he told me he wanted to go" but "I don't know why maybe it was because they were in the Championship or maybe it was financial" really measures up.

What conversation ends with head coach still not knowing precisely why a player was leaving? What sort of exit interview is that?

I regret we are beginning to see too many issues which really do not stack up.