Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Rochdale | Sat 01 Oct | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    In my dreams a free flowing Charlton with Lookman, Holmes and Botaka destroy Rochdale with pace and fluidity Big Josh scores a magnificent hat trick and our defense record a clean sheet were easy 6-0 winners. Damn these dreams hopefully a scrappy 2-1 win COYR
  • Options
    1-2, the mighty Rochdale make it four wins out of four whilst we continue on Russell's upward curve.
  • Options

1-2, the mighty Rochdale make it four wins out of four whilst we continue on Russell's upward curve.

But none off Russell's beer belly?
  • Options

The only upward curve RS has is above his belt. You don't see him and a pie competition in the same room ....
  • Options

At home to a side who have been playing as poorly as Rochdale we HAVE to go attacking from the offset. Assuming Bauer makes it through to the weekend (if not Konsa):

Rudd
    Solly - Bauer - Pearce - Fox
    Ulvestad - Crofts
    Holmes - Lookman - Botaka
    Magennis

If we start with a positive attitude and an attacking line up there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't win comfortably. However as we've seen this season so far that isn't always the case.

This is 100% how we should be setting up at home.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Have found it hard to stay away and consequently have attended a few games at the Valley this season and a few away games too. It is in my blood even though I feel I should be boycotting. But Tuesday night really knocked me for six. It was so terrible, I just don't fancy the Rochdale game and that is nothing to do with Boycotting. Watching Wimbledon, then the complete idiot making exactly the same mistakes on Tuesday night just raises my blood pressure and makes me angry. Expecting a defeat and I will deal with it better taking the dog for a walk. Will attend the Coventry game, but only because it is a protest match! It seems that coming to the Valley for any shred of pleasure is an impossibility nowadys.
  • Options
    Rochdale all the way... 1-2

Brussell is about as much use as an overcooked sprout!
  • Options
    Last time we were at this level we lost 3-0 at home to Exeter City on Football For A Fiver Day.

More of the same I fancy based on Tuesday's performance. Keith Hill's teams take the game to the opposition and I don't think we will cope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Last time we were at this level we lost 3-0 at home to Exeter City on Football For A Fiver Day.

More of the same I fancy based on Tuesday's performance. Keith Hill's teams take the game to the opposition and I don't think we will cope.

1-3
  • Options
    Maybe we should swap managers. We need a manager who believes in taking the game to opponents.
  • Options
    One nil up, two one down.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Nope last Football For a Fiver at League One level was a 2-0 win at home against Stevenage

Michael Morrison scored a peach of a goal that day
  • Options
    Can't seem to find it anywhere but are you able to buy a ticket on the day for£5, i.e. no admin fee?
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Nope last Football For a Fiver at League One level was a 2-0 win at home against Stevenage

Michael Morrison scored a peach of a goal that day
    I was there! Took a bunch of mates as well. They're Newcastle supporters so it was nice for them to see a clean sheet. BWP missed 150,000 chances that day too.
  • Options
    Do you have a printer? If so, for sure.

If not, no idea.
  • Options
    I only really come on these for Largo's scathing pre match sarcastic piss taking and he's yet to do one. Come on Largs, don't let me down
  • Options
    No interest in this at all I'm afraid. Can see us losing.
  • Options
    I will be staggered if Slade hasn't had a rethink and injected some pace into the central midfield.

There are plenty of options, so bloody well try some !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Staggered it is then.
  • Options
    Slade will only add Pearce through choice.

Can't warm to the bloke at all, he is like the worst middle manager imaginable. He can talk football speak but what he has served up so far is dross.

Have a horrible feeling its going to get worse. 0-2.
  • Options
    double bubble.. we put an end to our run of draws and to Rochdale's run of wins .. about time we beat one of these gritty lil northern clubs who love a good ruck and to thumb their noses at the southern softies ...
    Holmes as an attacking CENTRAL midfielder alongside Lookman behind Magennis and Ajose with Fred and Crofts in a more defensive role .. no good Slade sticking to passive negativity .. .. manager Hill is a shrewd old head and just might come here looking for a point ... Russellllll: f f s attack and see how he reacts !

CAFC 2 v Rochdale 0
  • Options
    My thoughts exactly Lincs.Give Holmes a free role and time to bring back Ajose.Attack Attack Attack.COYR
  • Options
    1-2 Rochdale bye bye Slade
  • Options

I will be staggered if Slade hasn't had a rethink and injected some pace into the central midfield.

There are plenty of options, so bloody well try some !

John Commerford being slotted in there as we speak.....

:smile:

• Options
    Rochdale are the form team so might as well save our better players for Tuesday's Checkatrade... Consider 2-2 a victory for Brussel, and hopefully there'll be enough dosh in the kitty afterwards to top-up Katy's sun tan before the long, hard haul of the winter months ahead
  • Options

Can't seem to find it anywhere but are you able to buy a ticket on the day for£5, i.e. no admin fee?

Everything's a fiver: match ticket, admin fee, match-day programme, chips (each), squad value ...
  • Options
    Still waiting and expecting an up turn on fortunes. Keep get disappointed, will I never learn, after all its been over 40 years.

Should win, draw seems on the cards, who would bet against a defeat.

Who cares???
  • Options
    I simply don't see a change in our strategy in the offing, so sadly I'll go for a repeat ofthe Wimbledon game, with us losing 1-2 having scored first. Basically I thought Brussel would have put two and two together against Oldham. He has now convinced me that rather than an upward curve, he is seeking a plateau of dullness, and behold. We are already there.