Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Rochdale | Sat 01 Oct | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

Can't seem to find it anywhere but are you able to buy a ticket on the day for£5, i.e. no admin fee?

FFAF | Tickets will be on sale from The Valley until kick-off. Our £3 matchday charge will not apply tomorrow https://booking.cafc.co.uk/ticket.aspx?fixture=cb9b381a-60e1-e511-940b-005056b76ddb … #cafc
  • Options
    To be fair to Russell, watching Man Utd play last night reminded me of Charlton's efforts on Tuesday. Neither them or us could get past the half way line for most of the night because they allowed the other team to press forward and chase them down and for most of the time the only passes that were being made were either sideways or backwards.

Our forward line should be pressing up more. The whole team needs to be looking to make some space to receive a pass. Holmes should sit behind
    Macgennis and Ajose and be given free rein to shoot once he is sight of the goal and let the other two chase down the rebounds. Lookman needs to demand the ball every time the other three are not going for goal themselves. We have the players, we should go for goals.

• Options
    Surely we should be thinking of bringing Tex in at CB if we struggling with injuries he played for u23 the other day didn't he.What about Ba as well we get players that aren't good enough for championship and now we go down to league one which is probably his level we don't play him surely his worth trying again at this level.
  • Options
    Past caring but hey ho. 1 - 1
  • Options
    Said before Tuesday's game we would get 1 point from the next 2 home games coming up. So this is a loss 0-2.
  • Options
    Will be my first home game this season. Don,t want to support RD even with a fiver, but I'm finding it hard to criticise a team I haven't seen play. So, feel the need to go, and take a personal view.

Expectations are, low ! Sitting East Stand instead of my season ticket, West Upper. Does, shit look different from over there ?
  • Options
    I still believe this team - on paper at least - is one of the better sides in the division and this is the start of the turnaround.

3-0 to Charlton.
  • Options
    Three Bridges 2 Dorking Wanderers 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Comfortable 3-1 win for Rochdale.
  • Options
    Think this match is a disaster waiting to happen. The power of confidence will shine as Rochdale hit us for 3-1 and there is nothing positive for Slade to look upon?
  • Options
    Ketts saying Holmes very doubtful on Dr Kish.
  • Options
    Ajose and Novak offer little or nothing. Lookman in strikers role with magennis is the way to get that attacking threat because Lookman is most efficient when he has the ball. The real problem is getting it to them ON THE GROUND. Holmes needs to combine his brilliant forays forward with better passing as he has wasted much of his great creative work. The defenders need to be talking far more like Morrison used to or Rudd needs to be far more verbal. At the present the defenders are not working together and Fox needs to track back and keep with his man as does solly. We need someone to lead in words and actions.
  • Options

Bet Botaka still won't get a start...

I'd go 4-3-3 as I'm still not convinced we can manage a 4-4-2 and not get completely overrun in midfield, even with Jacko on the wing.

Rudd
    Solly....Bauer....Pearce....Fox
    ....Ulvestad.....Crofts....JJ
    Botaka.....Mcgennis.....Lookman
  • Options

Will be my first home game this season. Don,t want to support RD even with a fiver, but I'm finding it hard to criticise a team I haven't seen play. So, feel the need to go, and take a personal view.

Expectations are, low ! Sitting East Stand instead of my season ticket, West Upper. Does, shit look different from over there ?

My season ticket was west lower, have gone to east for the two games I've made this turn out. What surprised me the first time out is the rake/pitch of the stand. It's much steeper than west and at the back you have a good view (the one the to gantry uses) but for me I was too far off the pitch. I'm trying to find a space around half way up and closer to the covered end than the away end.

Block E, I like to be close to the half way line but I may change my view for other games.
  • Options

IF this is right and Holmes is injured again .. PLEASE don't let it be that he's yet another regular sick note job
  • Options
    If Holmes is injured , would like to see Botaka given a chance. Well overdue a win so 2-1 to Addicks .
  • Options
    Big win today 3-1, ajose should get on and score
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Only at Charlton could we buy a striker who scored 24 goals from 38 matches in league 1 last season and turn him into a dud.
    He is a penalty area player, who needs a creative mid field player to feed him. We will defo be a lower League 1 side if Slade doesn't get this problem sorted. he has missed chances so far but no one else in this side will score many goals other than maybe Lookman from distance. (will looky still be hear in the new year)
    TBF as others have said if we had sorted the mid field out with some pace plus one out and out creative mid fielder we would have finished in the top 6 at a canter.

I fear our annus horribilis 2016 could continue.
    we haven't reach our Nadir yet ( Glass broken)
  • Options
    Profoundly disinterested, disillusioned, disenfranchised and depressed.

1-2 Rochdale
  • Options
    We need to START Botaka, give him a chance to show what he can do. He played for his country, yet for us has been given tiny cameos.

He might be the creative player who sets something up for the strikers, Lookman for all his talent is more likely to use his skill to take a shot himself
  • Options
    Slade's side could look like this:

Rudd; Solly, Konsa, Pearce, Fox; Foley, Crofts, Ulvestad, Jackson; Novak, Magennis.

From Dr Kish http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201609&date=20160930&time=1625

If that's the team we'll struggle to even have a shot.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Slade's side could look like this:

Rudd; Solly, Konsa, Pearce, Fox; Foley, Crofts, Ulvestad, Jackson; Novak, Magennis.

From Dr Kish http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201609&date=20160930&time=1625

If that's the team we'll struggle to even have a shot.

If that's the case I don't see us even getting a point
  • Options
    Their left back is really a forward, who is, unsurprisingly, good offensively but vulnerable when attacked. Surely that points towards Botaka starting if Holmes is out.

There is little point in packing the midfield with players who are unable to influence the game, although that is what I expect Russell Slade to do.

Fairly pessimistic about this one, as Hill will have done his homework and his teams know how to pass the ball.
  • Options
    4-0
    Or 0-4

• Options
    I'm going to do the classic wait until we're 1-0 up then back Rochdale to win
  • Options
    I wish the lads well, I hope they win but fear they won't #BoycottContinues #NotAPennyMore #RolandOUT