Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rubbish as a Player - Good Manager

2»

Comments

• Options

ashley said:

Eddie Howe

Really? He didn't just play almost 300 games in the League for Bournemouth but also was an England U21 International.

Wish I'd been that "rubbish".
    And his career got cut short through injury.
  • Options

ashley said:

Eddie Howe

Really? He didn't just play almost 300 games in the League for Bournemouth but also was an England U21 International.

Easy Fella !,

I happen to quite like Eddie Howe from what I have seen of him . Playing 300 odd games however for what was then a lower league club IMHO doesn't make him Philip Lamm or Paolo Maldini . Simon Francis is now the captain of Bournemouth unbelievable though that might be
  • Options
    Woah, hang on now, I'm not having this.

You can't just decide that someone's a great player, because they've done well at their level.
    A great player is a great player - playing really well in the 4th tier doesn't make someone a great player; if they were that great, they'd have gone up the leagues and played at the top level.

Otherwise, I'm the greatest player of all time

(when playing against blindfolded ducks).
  • Options
    ashley said:

ashley said:

Eddie Howe

Easy Fella !,

I happen to quite like Eddie Howe from what I have seen of him . Playing 300 odd games however for what was then a lower league club IMHO doesn't make him Philip Lamm or Paolo Maldini . Simon Francis is now the captain of Bournemouth unbelievable though that might be
    The heading is "rubbish" though and he played at International U21 level. "Rubbish" is Mourinho or Wenger who never even made it as professional footballers.