Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options

Looks like all the Pompey fans really liked them & were gutted it didn't work out. 
  • Options

Looks like all the Pompey fans really liked them & were gutted it didn't work out. 
    Genuinely surprised by the comments to that.  I saw another tweet saying that their last league 2 squad had better players than they have got now.
  • Options
    How many times does defeat to us result in the manager being sacked? Is losing to us really that bad down the years?
  • Options
    At the moment probably yes.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Portsmouth: Cowley gone. 
    I said on the match thread around 4.30pm when we were 2-1 up that if Pompey lost then Cowley would be sacked the next day.
  • Options
    Portsmouth: Cowley gone. 
    a warning how success very early in a career can be a hard weight to carry and can lead to unreal expectations as to future success .. the Cowleys were never able to repeat their Lincoln success .. perhaps their methods are better suited to developing a smaller club rather than taking over an established but wobbling bigger one 
  • Options
    Be interesting to look at the comments on here over the last two season in regards to their transfer business, and the strong start to the season they had.

Football is a funny old game, which is why I am always slightly perplexed when people make sweeping judgements and comments on the many ups and downs that happen.
  • Options
    Just thought I’d bump this thread to the front page so it’s easier for someone to find it later when Lampard gets dumped. 
    I said this a few weeks ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adkins is front runner for the job!! While I initially thought poor Pompey, he took us on a run which almost resulted in us making the playoffs.
    it was the following season he was pony.
  • Options
    It looks like David Wagner will be the new Norwich boss
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Adkins is front runner for the job!! While I initially thought poor Pompey, he took us on a run which almost resulted in us making the playoffs.
    Former Southampton manager, that'll go down well  :D
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Make sense.He lives nearby.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Bet Karl Robinson is relieved he beat us...

Grant McCann is on the brink of leaving Peterborough United as manager. #pufc

— Pete O'Rourke (@SportsPeteO) January 4, 2023
  • Options
    Norwich set to appoint David Wagner as Manager
  • Options
    It looks like David Wagner will be the new Norwich boss
    Norwich set to appoint David Wagner as Manager
    Ah, this will be the former Huddersfield manager appointed by their former Football Director, Stuart Webber ... who is the current Director of Football at Carrow Road ...
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Will Darren Ferguson be reappointed again?

Apologies just seen killers message.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Darren Ferguson's had his break, time to return again for his 11th spell in charge  :D
    I know you're kidding, but it actually wouldn't surprise me that much, and makes some sense - 2 out of the 3 times he's left its because he's not been able to keep them in the Championship, but his record with them in L1 has been good.
  • Options
    Darren Ferguson does have the job, until the end of the season… 😂
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Remarkable really, the 4th time he's been made manager there.

How do you hire a guy you got rid of 3 times already. If it didn't work then, why will it work now?
  • Options
    Remarkable really, the 4th time he's been made manager there.

How do you hire a guy you got rid of 3 times already. If it didn't work then, why will it work now?
    Suppose they always know there is a chance of him winning promotion to the Championship with them

He's achieved that three times already

Trouble is they equally know he cant hack it in the Championship, so whats the point of him helping them get promoted to the Championship THEN find a new man to lead them in the Division above, and it still potentially doesnt work because the new Manager hasn't had the time to work with the squad
  • Options
    Or maybe Peterborough as a club can't hack it in the Championship?

Similarly Paul Warne repeatedly took Rotherham up and got relegated, but they stuck with him and he repeated this several times before leaving.

Or Farke who knew how to get Norwich promoted from the Championship, something Dean Smith failed at
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64161960

It seems that last time it was Ferguson who chose to leave