Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    Wealdstone sack David Noble after less than 3 months. Real danger of relegation from the NL.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68755535
  • Options
    Rotherham United can confirm that the club have parted company with first team Head Coach Leam Richardson with immediate effect.

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/2024/april/read--club-statement--leam-richardson-and-rob-kelly/
  • Options
    Odd... Given how he did with Wigan, I'd have thought that Richardson would have been a good option to try and get them back out of League One the right way.
  • Options
    Should have kept Matt Taylor. Did a fine job keeping them up last season, and the reality is that their team isn't good enough for the Championship, whoever the manager.

In previous relegation they've gone done with their heads held high, and full of praise from neutrals, and gone straight back up. Next season will be a lot tougher.
  • Options
    Wow
  • Options
    Steve Evans in being a complete front bottom shocker
  • Options
    They'll probably sign Piergianni too then, to great wailing and gnashing of teeth on here
  • Options
    Wow, that's a shocker. Suddenly Rotherham become much more serious promotion contenders, and Evans is in nice and early to lead recruitment.
  • Options
    That's the last two managers Gillingham have sacked in L2 now managing in the Championship (albeit not for long in Evan's case).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Rotherham United can confirm that the club have parted company with first team Head Coach Leam Richardson with immediate effect.

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/2024/april/read--club-statement--leam-richardson-and-rob-kelly/
    They must have hired Katrien Miere as their recruitment consultant as that statement says that they have started their search for a replacement..........

Only to find that Steve Evans is taking the job 2 hours later 😀
    Richardson knew what was happening, as he heard the Chairman yesterday telling the tea lady that they'd need extra biscuits today.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Steve Evans in being a complete front bottom shocker
    What's he done wrong?

Stevenage statement says "following an official approach and compensation being met".
  • Options
    Wow, that's a shocker. Suddenly Rotherham become much more serious promotion contenders, and Evans is in nice and early to lead recruitment.

Never though I'd see a sentence with Evans and nice in it.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Never thought I'd see a sentence with Evans and nice in it.
    How about Steve Evans ate 30 packets of Nice biscuits?
    Very good, surprised it was only 30 packets.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Never thought I'd see a sentence with Evans and nice in it.
    How about Steve Evans ate 30 packets of Nice biscuits?
    Well he wouldn't eat crappy ones (actually he probably would)
  • Options
    edited April 22
    Strange, I know they're not in good form but could still get to the playoffs and then who knows what could happen.
  • Options
    Either Martin Devaney is the next Pep, or they've got someone damned impressive lined up in the next few days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 22
    No surprise there, a lot of Barnsley fans have been calling for his head for a while and their form is horrendous. They've nearly bottled play-offs and still could, pending results, after being in there comfortably. 

Bit of a win/win situation for whoever takes the job at this stage. 
  • Options
    Duff to return to Barnsley perhaps? 
  • Options
    They must have someone lined up, either a permanent or a Warnock style interim for a short term confidence boost.
  • Options
    Either Martin Devaney is the next Pep, or they've got someone damned impressive lined up in the next few days.
    Nathan Jones.

Now he has secured us League 1 status he wants a crack at a team with a chance of promotion. 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cz9lpvky6ero

Tom Cleverley has been given the Watford job permanently. Will he last 2024...
  • Options
    Will he get to the start of next season?
  • Options

Arne Slot has said he hopes to take over from Jurgen Klopp as Liverpool manager at the end of the season.

Liverpool opened talks with Feyenoord on Wednesday about Slot's potential appointment.

The Dutchman confirmed his interest in the job to ESPN before Feyenoord's match on Thursday against Go Ahead Eagles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c51n2zjv8rno

• Options
    Is Slot that good? I don't remember his name being mentioned a few weeks ago, as someone being linked to the top jobs.
  • Options
    Is Slot that good? I don't remember his name being mentioned a few weeks ago, as someone being linked to the top jobs.
    Am sure he'll slot into the role quite well