Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rigobert Song

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm in no way digging out the op. I'm sure he thought it was genuine. My gripe is with the idiots who seem to get a kick out of making this up in the 1st place!
  • Options
    As bored as I might be sometimes, I would hardly create such a bizarre hoax! Just saw it reported on the day's deaths on Wikepedia after it popped up on my Facebook feed and thought it was sad he had died. Is he in a coma though? In the age of constant news on social media, the confusion about this story is quite weird.
  • Options

As bored as I might be sometimes, I would hardly create such a bizarre hoax! Just saw it reported on the day's deaths on Wikepedia after it popped up on my Facebook feed and thought it was sad he had died. Is he in a coma though? In the age of constant news on social media, the confusion about this story is quite weird.

Unique?
  • Options
    So in summary, African News Today reported that Rigoberto Song was dead after suffering a brain haemmorage and having been taken from Cameroon to Paris for treatment.

It seems as though the treatment has been successful and Song is out of his coma and talking.

The quote from Alex Song (nephew rather than son) of Rigobert quoted by African news Today seems to be incorrect at best and made up at worst.

The article was picked up by many news feeds which now have virtually no journalistic review or competence and just use media produced by someone else.

I could write an artilcle for the London Gazette explaining how Roland had suffered a massive coronary on his birthday and died when receiving his annual owner bonus from Katrien and it could be repeated as fact.