Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best and worst football pundits

Comments

• For sure although I think she may be a happy hammer.
  • edited October 2016
    Wasn't Bianca Westwood the one who worked for Charlton back in our Premier League days and would do an pre-match interview with Curbs which would be played on the big screen?

Know there was one woman who interviewed him on a matchday and left to work for SKY
  • Hoddle. He is talking such crap
  • It was what I call a lollipop cross? WTF?
  • Wasn't Bianca Westwood the one who worked for Charlton back in our Premier League days and would do an pre-match interview with Curbs which would be played on the big screen?

Know there was one woman who interviewed him on a matchday and left to work for SKY

Yeah, she now installs satellite dishes
  • Any way of requesting a specified dish installer?
  • Lets we forget!

• Other than Lee Dixon, the best way to work out who a bad pundit is just watch a BT Sport or ITV game!!
  • I have an Andy Gray story from when I worked in his vicinity but don't want to repeat myself in case I told it before.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I have an Andy Gray story from when I worked in his vicinity but don't want to repeat myself in case I told it before.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................

; )
  • Sponsored links:

• Love Sutton and Lawrenson. Really really sacrcastic and patronising and it makes for enjoyable and funny listening.
  • Graham Taylor on Radio 5 irritates me. One of the funniest moments was when Portsmouth beat Cardiff in the FA Cup Final and Taylor said something like "Here comes one of my old mates, David James.....Well done, David, can I have a quick chat? Oh, he's walked straight by me".
  • Pat Nevin is good, Keown is bad, really bad.
  • I like roddy Forsythe, insofar as I like Scottish football. I quite like Jermaine jenas as well, though that's probably more because of the surprise factor. Same reason I like Garth crooks. Even he doesn't know what he's saying
  • I don't doubt Crooks knows what he's saying, but it's just the way he says it
  • I remember Garth Crooks interviewing all the Sodje brothers, and the first thing he said was "So, Sodje..." followed by the question.

To which their response was "erm, which one?"
  • Townsend and hoddle. Both as bad as one another. Also . When I was at West Ham Alvin Martin .useless

Nevin always sounds like he's had 9 double whiskeys.

Talks a lot of sense at the same time though!

He also named his dog Dougie Doggerly after Dougie Donnelly which is brilliant.
  • Carragher is truly awful. Gets very excited when the thinks he has made a salient point ( which he invariably hasn't) by repeating it endlessly with a few paraphrases thrown in. The most irritating person on TV.
  • Sponsored links:

He always stops at 8 double whiskers when he's working
  • He's done well to get that many tins of cat food down.
  • I like Don Hutchinson on BT's German football.

Not many of the others do it for me.
  • John Motson, don't get me wrong, I'd have him over for Christmas and I'm sure he'd be good as gold - but he's about 15minutes behind the game when he commentates.

I still remember Drogba scoring a blatantly deflected goal on MOTD, one of the ones where the keeper goes the right way, but then it's the wrong way post-deflection. Took Motto until about the 5th replay to figure out what had happened.

Dislikes: David Pleat, Michael Owen, Thierry Henry's actually a bit annoying
    Like: Mills, Murphy, G. Nev, Ian Wright & Ian Stone (on "rock and roll football")

Warming to Shearer
  • Pundit-related Facebook page that I like, up there with Celebrity Refs on Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/MOTDSR/
  • Pat Nevin is good and I like Chris Waddle (especially when he goes into one about how bad England are!)

Mark Lawrenson needs to retire, same goes for David Pleat (creepy, creepy bloke)
  • edited October 2016
    Missed It said:

Chris Waddle (especially when he goes into one about how bad England are!)

Any ex-England player who didnt win the World Cup and moans about how bad the England National Team is should be hung drawn and quartered... Chris Waddle | Paul Scholes | Rio Ferdinand all do it yet conveniently forget they didnt do any better for England themselves!!
  • Missed It said:

Any ex-England player who didnt win the World Cup and moans about how bad the England National Team is should be hung drawn and quartered... Chris Waddle | Paul Scholes | Rio Ferdinand all do it yet conveniently forget they didnt do any better for England themselves!!
    Semi-final of a World Cup (dodgy penalty aside!) is considerably better than any England team have done for years
  • Missed It said:

Missed It said:

Semi-final of a World Cup (dodgy penalty aside!) is considerably better than any England team have done for years
    Are you Welsh...? ;)

We still didnt win anything with him
  • edited October 2016

I don't doubt Crooks knows what he's saying, but it's just the way he says it

Crooks has been known to select players in his 'team of the week' even when they didn't play that week. More than once.

His 3-1-1-5 formation was certainly innovative!

Re. John Motson, I remember someone on fighting talk saying that he was really unpleasant to be around. Obsessed with himself and his image and not willing to listen to anyone else. I can see that being true.