Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best and worst football pundits

Comments

• Options

John Motson, don't get me wrong, I'd have him over for Christmas and I'm sure he'd be good as gold - but he's about 15minutes behind the game when he commentates.

I still remember Drogba scoring a blatantly deflected goal on MOTD, one of the ones where the keeper goes the right way, but then it's the wrong way post-deflection. Took Motto until about the 5th replay to figure out what had happened.

Dislikes: David Pleat, Michael Owen, Thierry Henry's actually a bit annoying
    Like: Mills, Murphy, G. Nev, Ian Wright & Ian Stone (on "rock and roll football")

Warming to Shearer

Motson is extremely slow but it's gone past being annoying for me, I find his commentary quite funny now.
  • Options
    Garth Crookes, acts as if the game was invented purely to give him something to do on Saturday afternoons, and get massively overpaid for being a complete arse. He has the same view towards fans as KM , saw him picked up big time by another pundit, for saying no one cares what fans think.

I cringe when he is on. Yet, loved him when he played for us.
  • Options
    Motson's silly little laugh before he says something stupid is really annoying.

One of my friends overheard him talking after a match and he was talking about someone having a great game. He wandered closer to find out who he was talking about, he was talking about him having a great game.
  • Options
    Former England striker Chris Sutton speaking on BBC Radio 5 live:

"Wayne Rooney has acted with a lot of class and it is not easy for him to take being dropped, he has taken it gracefully.

Southgate has made the right decision, there isn't a place for Rooney in the current England team, it is as simple as that and we have to move on now.

You have to credit Southgate, the past two England managers didn't have the gumption to drop him and he should have been dropped."

Now there's a pundit I agree with.
  • Options
    Hoddle again " it is always good to get your number 9 to get a shot in". No shit Einstein.
  • Options
    Hoddle's as thick as shit.
  • Options
    Hoddle has a similar voice to my dad so I find it disconcerting when I hear either of them speak.
  • Options
    Was listening to Everton vs Burnley on 5 live today. I have no idea what Pat Nevin is saying. At least on TV you could have subtitles. He needs to stay away from radio commentary.
  • Options
    I like the two Robbies (Earle and Mustoe) on NBCSN, when I visit my friends house in the US of A every Saturday to watch the football. It's not to hard to forget they are talking to an American audience when they say soccer and transfer fees in $.
  • Options
    Best: Henry - talks so much sense without the bullshit.

Worst: Savage - he's either a genuine moron or puts on a very convincing act.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cannot abide Shearer myself.
  • Options
    Wondered who this Bianca Westwood was that was mentioned and here she was at the valley...bless
  • Options
    TEL said:

Wondered who this Bianca Westwood was that was mentioned and here she was at the valley...bless

Would ya
  • Options
    I quite like Savage for the same reason I like Paul Merson. They aren't worried about upsetting people.
  • Options

I quite like Savage for the same reason I like Paul Merson. They aren't worried about upsetting people.

They're probably too thick to realise they might.
  • Options
    Owen Hargreaves says a lot without really saying anything at all.
  • Options

TEL said:

Would ya
    Would be impolite not to....
  • Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options

TEL said:

Would ya
    Nope
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    Get to see a fair bit of Premier League over here Dion Dublin and Don Hutchinson both talk a lot of sense and quite a lot of humour as well. Leroy Rosenoir another who talks a good game
    Really enjoyed Owen as a footballer, but really dreary pundit
  • Options
    like both Neville and Carragher, anyone who hasn't seen their new programme watching old Man U v Liverpool games should - very funny.

Ian Wright is good, says it like a fan. I also quite like Danny Murphy as a pundit.

Gary Birtles is the one bloke who annoy's the f**k out of me when he's commentating.
  • Options
    Agree about Birtles being annoying. Talks as if he never put a foot wrong during his career and that every decision he made on the pitch was the correct one. Also he's very anti Charlton.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:
    Dare I ask under which category?
  • Options
    Pundits grate on me more and more these days. The majority of them just state the obvious (Football on 5 or any of the EFL coverage on SKY) - "yes that's a great cross and that's a good finish and they hung on for the win". Yes, we know - we've just watched it ourselves for the last 10 minutes FFS.

I can understand why they have pundits on live games because you need to fill time during half time, after the game etc. However I cannot stand the presence of pundits on highlights shows. It takes Match of The Day an hour and a half to show the goals for about 6 matches all because we have to watch everything about 4 times each whilst listening to Danny Murphy waffle over the top. WHY?!

• Options

TEL said:

Would ya
    I used to work with her.... and the answer after that experience... No.

I think she was dating Ronnie O'Sullivan at the time!
  • Options
    Living out in the middle east and watching a lot of Bein sports, i have to say that Andy Gray is by far the best.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

TEL said:

Would ya
    I used to work with her.... and the answer after that experience... No.

I think she was dating Ronnie O'Sullivan at the time!
    Can you tell us more?
  • Options

Living out in the middle east and watching a lot of Bein sports, i have to say that Andy Gray is by far the best.

Sky should never have sacked him - best co-commentator EVER.

Take a bow son.