Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New CARD video: All together now...

Comments

• Options
    Well done
  • Options
    Play up sky blues.

Come on you Reds.
  • Options
    Gutted to be missing tomorrow's "game" with a case of man flu, but please that ex-head of Coms Matt Wright is live streaming all the protests!
  • Options

I am a supporter of CARD but I implore then not to organise any disruption of tomorrow's match as there is no good that can come from it except to possibly undermine a team that is still quite new. This isn't like the end of last season it is different.
    I wish you all well with protests before and after the match but during the match
    please
    SUPPORT THE TEAM NOT THE REGIME.

Are you for real .
    Ridiculous post
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I am a supporter of CARD but I implore then not to organise any disruption of tomorrow's match as there is no good that can come from it except to possibly undermine a team that is still quite new. This isn't like the end of last season it is different.
    I wish you all well with protests before and after the match but during the match
    please

F the football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought CL was a forum where all Charlton fans could express an opinion with out being shouted down as I have been by a few of you,
    Yes of course I know the stats as I compile them but after this I'm not sure that I'll bother any more, go on and have your protest and stop the game it hasn't achieved anything before why should it now except to alienate more supporters who are not so extreme in their views. Protest before and after by both sets of supporters is well worth while as it sends the correct message to owners, to stop the game is pure stupidity and won't achieve anything positive.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I thought CL was a forum where all Charlton fans could express an opinion with out being shouted down as I have been by a few of you,
    Yes of course I know the stats as I compile them but after this I'm not sure that I'll bother any more, go on and have your protest and stop the game it hasn't achieved anything before why should it now except to alienate more supporters who are not so extreme in their views. Protest before and after by both sets of supporters is well worth while as it sends the correct message to owners, to stop the game is pure stupidity and won't achieve anything positive.

Nobody has been abusive, nobody has shouted you down but only expressed their surprise that this myth that protests affects results persists. That's your opinion, you're entitled to it as are others pointing out the lack of supporting evidence for it.

Out of interest, if we win today will your position change?
  • Options

I disagree with your point of view but I am not going shout you down or insult you.

Merely sending sending a message to the owners is pointless and if actions are limited to that you are effectively supporting the regime by acquiescence. We know that we have annoyed, irritated and upset members of the regime by some of the protests by various groups. These owners are so atrocious that they must be resisted. I don't know whether it will work and remove them but I do know that having a protest for ten minutes outside the ground won't work.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the clubs were fined after last season's protests? or were the club warned about future conduct of its fans. Getting a mid season game abandoned (as against end of season game ie Blackpool) could have serious consequences, but at some point football fans of clubs in the lower leagues have got to stand up and be counted, and bring the EFL to its senses, if one game gets abandoned this could have a knock on effect, with unhappy fans of other clubs doing the same, causing a fixture chaos, but I can see handing out points deductions as a punishment, which plays into the owners hands, where they could put the blame squarely on the fans for any relegation that may result. I personally do not think we have reached the point of of getting games abandoned. Lancs do not give up on the Stats although this season it must be a thankless task. Good luck to those going to the meeting.
  • Options
    Bournemouth - no it won't I want the Belgians out as much as the next fan and I do understand the desperate state of our club. It just seems to me that by taking action during the match will alienate some of our fans which in turn will encourage a mentality of us and them among us which will play right into the hands of the Belgians - it's called divide and rule. I hope that I am wrong and that you succeed this afternoon but my opinion is that you will make matters worse if you interrupt the match.

But whatever you do do this afternoon don't forget to put up your players marks afterwards :smile:

• Options
    I'm ok with in-match protests, and I'm even ok with some mild disruption, but if the match is abandoned I'll be pretty pissed off, can't lie
  • Options
    I mean, unless we're 3-0 down at the time
  • Options
    Don't see anyone shouting you down Lancs, just different point of views. You are by no means alone in your view.

Personally, I'd rather these things didn't happen, don't think no one is doing anything for fun. But when the protests (in their thousands) were restricted to outside the stadium, it attracted little wider interest / knowledge, and she just laughed and took pictures with her phone. This regime may not have gone, but they also know it is now worldwide knowledge how much they are disliked, and how poor they have done for this club.

That interest has largely been given both platform and momentum from the in ground protests. Even I as not a big fan of them can see that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    After about 60 minutes I am confident I will be so bored of watching us play that an abandonment would be a relief!
  • Options

An almost classic Sue Perks attitude that. Who's shouted anyone down ? Surely you expected some opposing posts after yours ?
    Just because you're in the minority, doesn't mean the majority are shouting you down or abusing you.
  • Options

please

Couldn't disagree more. I hope that the fans together, both Charlton and Coventry fans, get the match abandoned. There's nothing to lose now. We can take a points deduction and a fine because we're going down to League Two anyway. The Football League needs to protect its clubs because the more these owners are allowed to destroy clubs, they will eventually destroy the league.
  • Options

please

Couldn't disagree more. I hope that the fans together, both Charlton and Coventry fans, get the match abandoned. There's nothing to lose now. We can take a points deduction and a fine because we're going down to League Two anyway. The Football League needs to protect its clubs because the more these owners are allowed to destroy clubs, they will eventually destroy the league.
    Just saying the same to a Cov fan outside the ground. The FA is indeed doing FA... and more clubs will go the way of ours make no mistake. Corrupt as fuck.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
  • Options
    edited October 2016

please

I seriously cannot believe you can say this. You must know the facts, you do the CL stats !

We have had no protests this season and we have only won once at home and are level on points, with the 4th from bottom team.

Last season when the fans protested our results improved.

This is a FACT and I'm stunned how anyone can say otherwise.

(No offence intended).
    We protest, we win, as is the most common outcome.

Please can we not have it said that it undermines the team, because the stats show, that without doubt, it improves the results. I apologise for disagreeing with you lancs, but I don't believe that disagreeing with your view is shouting you down.

All the best, as you say we are on the same side.