Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

Comments

• Options
    I'm of the opinion home shirts should always stick with tradition, basic & not be messed with, whilst the away kit can be a little more adventurous.

Hummel have done that (remember Nike giving us red home shorts a few seasons back...?!). Although the QR code thing is utter nonsense. Also whilst we seem split the general consensus from non-cafc fans on social media is that both kits look great!

Would have been nice if the ribbon made reference to the 25 years rather than just 'Back at the Valley'.

But I won't be buying either as can't face giving the Rat any more of my hard earned cash.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Lee Harrison wearing an outfield shirt for the sake of symmetry......

Is Lee Power on the shirt I wonder?
  • Options
    Nice kit, same crappy old owner and cynical, expensive PR strategy.
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Good question. Can't see him there in the photos.

I can see a "Rob Lee" though. Who he? I remember a Robert Lee...
  • Options
    rikofold said:

uie2 said:

Good question. Can't see him there in the photos.

I can see a "Rob Lee" though. Who he? I remember a Robert Lee...
    Can't see Mr Gritt either.
  • Options
    Quite like the new kit - I am not buying though - Nor going to games other then Portsmouth at home.
  • Options

True!

When did we stop doing team photos, as they were a nice historical record of the squad that season? Indeed that would have been the second team photo that season, as the first one would have been in the Admiral kit and included Lee and Barness
    2021-22 kit mate. 10 year anniversary kit.
  • Options
    I really like the new kit. I agree with Nug that the banner under the badge is a bit dated, but taken as a whole I think Hummel have done a great job.

It's my favourite kit since the last Le Coq Sportif one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Steve Gritt and Lee Power can be seen on the bottom line of this pic (if it comes out)
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Decent kit ruined by a bodged launch.

Bodged launch... honestly... the things people get sand in their knickers about.

So, the club, which is constantly accused of not listening to what fans want, has done a deal for bespoke kits, like the fans wanted, with a company that took the time to research the club and its history and talk to some fans in order to get inspiration for its design, and then threw a FREE event to which a few VIP fans were invited to view the kit and have the chance to chat with the manager and some players, and were given a FREE shirt, a shirt which now people have seen it most seem to like, but it's all RUINED because the comms team committed the heinous crime of saying they'd "release pictures later today" and... wait for it.... released pictures later in the day.

The monsters.
    No sand in my knickers mate. I just dont understand why its took so long yo unveil a kit for a 3rd division team? Not even Man Utd, England or Brazil have kit launches like the one we just managed. All a bit needless if you ask me.

The reason i said bodged launch was because of the amount if negative feedback it created, quite the opposite of what the club hoped for i assume.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

Bodged launch... honestly... the things people get sand in their knickers about.

So, the club, which is constantly accused of not listening to what fans want, has done a deal for bespoke kits, like the fans wanted, with a company that took the time to research the club and its history and talk to some fans in order to get inspiration for its design, and then threw a FREE event to which a few VIP fans were invited to view the kit and have the chance to chat with the manager and some players, and were given a FREE shirt, a shirt which now people have seen it most seem to like, but it's all RUINED because the comms team committed the heinous crime of saying they'd "release pictures later today" and... wait for it.... released pictures later in the day.

The monsters.
    No sand in my knickers mate. I just dont understand why its took so long yo unveil a kit for a 3rd division team? Not even Man Utd, England or Brazil have kit launches like the one we just managed. All a bit needless if you ask me.

The reason i said bodged launch was because of the amount if negative feedback it created, quite the opposite of what the club hoped for i assume.
    I think I know the answer to this.

At 3 o'clock, I walked past the store, and there were people working frantically in there. It looked like it was close to opening, and some stock was on display, but still plenty to do.

Where will you be able to buy the kit? One place. The store.

So, perhaps the delay was caused by the fact that the one outlet that fans can buy the new strip may not have been able to open on time.

Still a cock up, but not the fault of the comms team, or Hummel.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

The monsters.

At 3 o'clock, I walked past the store, and there were people working frantically in there. It looked like it was close to opening, and some stock was on display, but still plenty to do.

So, perhaps the delay was caused by the fact that the one outlet that fans can buy the new strip may not have been able to open on time.

Its not for sale until the first game of the season .....
  • Options

I really like the new kit. I agree with Nug that the banner under the badge is a bit dated, but taken as a whole I think Hummel have done a great job.

You realise the banner is a tribute/the same as the one on the back to the valley kit?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

You realise the banner is a tribute/the same as the one on the back to the valley kit?
    My point was the design of the banner, of course it's right it should be there although should it be "Back to the Valley" as opposed to "Back at the Valley" could be either I guess. I like the kit just thought the banner looked like a medieval scroll and didn't seem to fit with the badge it sits next to. Just a personal subjective observation.
  • Options
    It probably should read 25 years back at the Valley - but in all honesty, it is a decent kit and a shame I won't be buying it like I have done every year, not just for me but my family. Something we only stopped doing last season.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

The monsters.

Is the store open yet? I drove past it on Thursday and there was absolutely nothing on display with people with people pretty hard at work in there. The online store is yet to open, so you can't purchase any merchandise or accessories so close to the opening day of the season (btw, asking for a friend who isn't boycotting :smile: ).
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the scroll on the 1992 shirt read "Back to the Valley"
  • Options

seth plum said:

So with this NDA we have an example of the mindset of these morons.
    What are they afraid of, and what exactly would they do if there was disclosure? Could they demonstrate any loss of some kind, would the design be stolen by Manchester United or North Korea, do they think of themselves as so important?
    Many of those who work at the club have such an inflated view of themselves, and to me this NDA demonstrates that they have such a downer on supporters.
    Charlton Athletic does not trust and indeed hates it's own fans.
    Tony Keohane is chief (the word 'chief' alone says a lot) operations officer to take one example, yet seems a good example of somebody who appears to me to be a complete and utter moron who amazingly thinks he is better than the fans, when in fact he is simply lucky that Katrien is equally moronic to give him a job, it certainly comes across that way to me.
    Non disclosure agreement indeed, or what? What will they do to those who have already seen it, sue?

Did Sue ever get back to you?
    She doesn't talk with her mouth full.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very smart... Like the red chevrons on the shorts
  • Options
    se9addick said:

image.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

The monsters.

Is the store open yet? I drove past it on Thursday and there was absolutely nothing on display with people with people pretty hard at work in there. The online store is yet to open, so you can't purchase any merchandise or accessories so close to the opening day of the season (btw, asking for a friend who isn't boycotting :smile: ).
    The shop "soft" opens Monday and fully opens Tuesday for the Norwich game. Source The guy from Elite who run it now.

Shop refit nothing to do with the delay in the launch as proved that the away kit was launched already
  • Options

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

The monsters.

The shop "soft" opens Monday and fully opens Tuesday for the Norwich game. Source The guy from Elite who run it now.

Shop refit nothing to do with the delay in the launch as proved that the away kit was launched already
    I want to say the announcement for the away kit said the away kit would be on sale Monday in the online shop, but then I think the home kit announcement just said "next week."
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

cafc999 said:

cafc999 said:

The monsters.

I want to say the announcement for the away kit said the away kit would be on sale Monday in the online shop, but then I think the home kit announcement just said "next week."
    No idea what will be on sale in the shop but that's when it's meant to open and wouldn't have anything to do with the launch delay.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

seth plum said:

So with this NDA we have an example of the mindset of these morons.
    What are they afraid of, and what exactly would they do if there was disclosure? Could they demonstrate any loss of some kind, would the design be stolen by Manchester United or North Korea, do they think of themselves as so important?
    Many of those who work at the club have such an inflated view of themselves, and to me this NDA demonstrates that they have such a downer on supporters.
    Charlton Athletic does not trust and indeed hates it's own fans.
    Tony Keohane is chief (the word 'chief' alone says a lot) operations officer to take one example, yet seems a good example of somebody who appears to me to be a complete and utter moron who amazingly thinks he is better than the fans, when in fact he is simply lucky that Katrien is equally moronic to give him a job, it certainly comes across that way to me.
    Non disclosure agreement indeed, or what? What will they do to those who have already seen it, sue?

Did Sue ever get back to you?
    She doesn't talk with her mouth full.
    Hurry up a and spunk then mate
  • Options

se9addick said:

image.
    Fair enough didn't realise it was exactly the same, nice touch.
  • Options
    Designer hadn't seen a BTTV shirt, only a picture, when he came to the museum so he was delighted to see one in the "flesh".

• Options
    Quite impressive effort by Hummel. Expect to see them make in roads into this market again.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Quite impressive effort by Hummel. Expect to see them make in roads into this market again.

I think there's been a backlash against the Nike/Adidas template shirts, with clubs wanting something more individual. Nike especially have got very lazy, Man City, Chelsea and Spurs are all basically in the same kit this season