Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New 5 Year Kit Deal With Hummel (Away Kit Revealed, pg.19)

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    I like that Goalkeeper kit...
  • Options
    I really liked that they used an identical banner....
  • Options

Splodge said:

I really like the new kit. I agree with Nug that the banner under the badge is a bit dated, but taken as a whole I think Hummel have done a great job.

It's my favourite kit since the last Le Coq Sportif one.

Banner under the badge is an example of tradition used in a dated way. Looks like it belongs on a late 80s/early90s CAFC kit, but the Ribero kits we had then were a little behind the times even then. Slightly spoils the home shirt but it's still nice. I really like the away shirt.
    I think that was the point.
    Yes of course. I just don't think that was a good thing aesthetically in this instance.
  • Options
    Anyone know if the home kit was available in the shop yesterday? I was under the impression it was going on sale yesterday.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Anyone know if the home kit was available in the shop yesterday? I was under the impression it was going on sale yesterday.

It was.

Although they struggled with the pre-orders as they when one of the trustees went into to pick up our free shirt they wanted a name.

"it says "Charlton Athletic Museum" on the order"

"But whose name is it under?"

"Charlton Athletic Museum, look it's on the order."

Got it eventually as it was listed under "Mr"
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    buckshee said:

It was. Very nearly bought it for my youngest boy.
  • Options

buckshee said:

It was. Very nearly bought it for my youngest.
    Hopefully the boy knows daddy is not a tight c*** and realises why you kept your hands in your pocket.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I know I've said that we shouldn't, needlessly, criticise the club, and I don't want to cast aspersions on our fans but I had a walk around the club shop and it was heaving. I looked at a few things and it looked like nothing had a security tag on it. There was a silly long queue, and there seemed to be more than one person operating the tills (either that of the chap was flirting with the women serving) so I don't see how they would have spotted or been able to stop people literally waling out with stuff.

They have swapped the doors around too so it meant that many people came in the 'exit' and left via the 'entrance' - I'm sure this will sort itself out soon enough but I was staggered that there were not security tags on the caps. Anyone could have put one on and just wandered out - well shuffled out.

Maybe football fans are not inclined to shoplift from their own club but they couldn't have made it easier for one to do so.

Also, I take back my comments about the new shirt - it really is nice. I was very tempted to buy one!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know I've said that we shouldn't, needlessly, criticise the club, and I don't want to cast aspersions on our fans but I had a walk around the club shop and it was heaving. I looked at a few things and it looked like nothing had a security tag on it. There was a silly long queue, and there seemed to be more than one person operating the tills (either that of the chap was flirting with the women serving) so I don't see how they would have spotted or been able to stop people literally waling out with stuff.

They have swapped the doors around too so it meant that many people came in the 'exit' and left via the 'entrance' - I'm sure this will sort itself out soon enough but I was staggered that there were not security tags on the caps. Anyone could have put one on and just wandered out - well shuffled out.

Maybe football fans are not inclined to shoplift from their own club but they couldn't have made it easier for one to do so.

Also, I take back my comments about the new shirt - it really is nice. I was very tempted to buy one!

Sounds like you were tempted to nick one!
  • Options
    edited August 2017

buckshee said:

It was. Very nearly bought it for my youngest.
    Hopefully the boy knows daddy is not a tight c*** and realises why you kept your hands in your pocket.
    I told him he would have to have 23 Sarr on the back - that put him off.
  • Options
    Bought the new shirt yesterday for my youngest who was attending the valley for the first time.

Didn't size up the adults shirts but the kids are quite small
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    se9addick said:

Assuming that I did nick one would that sit ok with those that say we are not to 'buy' anything from the club. I mean if I didn't, actually, pay for it would that make it alright?

I'm just asking for a friend!

;-)
  • Options

se9addick said:

Assuming that I did nick one would that sit ok with those that say we are not to 'buy' anything from the club. I mean if I didn't, actually, pay for it would that make it alright?

;-)
    I'll have a large away top whilst you're at it.
  • Options

Bought the new shirt yesterday for my youngest who was attending the valley for the first time.

Agree with that mate, my Grandson is 10, in fairness tall for his age, but the 13/14 years shirt was tight on him, so I ended up having to buy a small men's at £45!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Agree with that mate, my Grandson is 10, in fairness tall for his age, but the 13/14 years shirt was tight on him, so I ended up having to buy a small men's at £45!
    You should have just nicked it!

;-)

All joking aside the club should have sold you it for the same price as a kid's top as they are clearly all sized wrong. There is probably an issue with the sponsor too. The club should look into this and/or Hummel should.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

The 5/6 would have been off of him by the end of the summer so got him 7/8.

He will be 4 on the 14th August!
  • Options

se9addick said:

;-)
    You'll have to get a sports bra as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Missed yesterday's game as on holiday, what colour was the keepers kit ? (Daughter wants it)
  • Options
    Really is a brilliant home kit.
  • Options

se9addick said:

;-)
    You'll have to get a sports bra as well.
    Flag.
  • Options

Missed yesterday's game as on holiday, what colour was the keepers kit ? (Daughter wants it)

Was purple shirt, black shorts and purple socks. Didn't look right imho.
  • Options

Purple. I didn't see any in the shop. Difficult to tell what it was like other than Amos wearing it.
  • Options
    Sponsor is way too high up the shirt
  • Options
    Home kits looks very nice! Proper Charlton!
  • Options
    Anyone know how the kids shirts come up? They seem to say a small boys is suitable for a six year old .
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Anyone know how the kids shirts come up? They seem to say a small boys is suitable for a six year old .

Someone said their 12 yo needed a small man's size.