Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jimmy Seed stand - new sign

Comments

• Options
    Shame the club missed out on that quick win
  • Options
    Excellent letter. I really hope Katrien sees that. I wonder what's going on in her head. Does she know she's shit?
  • Options
    There is probably nothing that would get RD/KM to admit that they are clueless and need help.

The best we can hope for is finding out they have an agreed buyer.

We know the club is up for sale, despite their denials.
  • Options
    @Masicat fair play and well done, they are leaking sponsors like nobody's business and having great difficulty in finding replacement ones due to the toxic nature of brand CAFC.
  • Options

masicat said:

End of an era for our firm. Couldn't go on.

Great letter well done. It also explains why you have been somewhat more optimistic of the fate of the club of late.

It seems to me that the vast majority of the regime's supporters, be it very limited support, is because they have more than just a club/supporter relationship. (supporter of regime doesn't sound right, but I mean someone that isn't 100% against).

I don't mean for this to be critical of you, because it isn't. What you have done is understandable.

Fully understand. My/our association with the club goes back a long way. We just have to move on and hope we return as a supplier etc under new ownership.
    My grandchildren don't even want to support Charlton which is very sad.
  • Options
    Well done @masicat

@jdmotion have you seen this?
  • Options

BDL said:

@Masicat fair play and well done, they are leaking sponsors like nobody's business and having great difficulty in finding replacement ones due to the toxic nature of brand CAFC.

Yet she told Bromley Addicks they hadn't lost any sponsors.

She can't even lie competently.
    Not sure we would qualify as a sponsor like other companies. We were more of a supplier who took the odd match. However, we were always there to help the club if needed.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

BDL said:

Yet she told Bromley Addicks they hadn't lost any sponsors.

She can't even lie competently.
    Squirrel face probably does not even care that people know she tells whoppers.

Orrrrr she believes her own rubbish whilst all around her are laughing at her.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    masicat said:

masicat said:

Great letter well done. It also explains why you have been somewhat more optimistic of the fate of the club of late.

It seems to me that the vast majority of the regime's supporters, be it very limited support, is because they have more than just a club/supporter relationship. (supporter of regime doesn't sound right, but I mean someone that isn't 100% against).

I don't mean for this to be critical of you, because it isn't. What you have done is understandable.

Fully understand. My/our association with the club goes back a long way. We just have to move on and hope we return as a supplier etc under new ownership.
    My grandchildren don't even want to support Charlton which is very sad.
    Well done mate. It's bloody heartbreaking, but I'm confident he'll sell up within the next 12 months and what a great day that will be (hopefully).
  • Options
    Off_it said:

rikofold said:

Fumbluff said:

Target20k are still deciding which font would bring back more supporters....

As someone said on Twitter today, with just over 6k in the ground T20 have achieved their aim of 20,000 empty seats.
    Was it as low as that?

Anyone got any pictures?
  • Options
    Good for you for sticking by your principles @masicat, hopefully you'll be back one day in the not too distant future once these numbskulls have finally got the message #getoutofourclub
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How do you know they haven't melted it down and turned it into little copies of Meire, Keohane and Duchatelet?

• Options
    jdmotion said:

masicat said:

Masicat, what a courageous letter.
    It must have been a difficult decision for you to make.
    When I withdrew my support for the project I was attacked by Sue Parkes on Facebook, which made me realise how great the divide is between regime supporters and the rest of us. I fear both your family and mine will remain persona non grata while this regime holds the reins.

I'm proud to stand alongside the vast majority of Charlton supporters in calling for M. Duchatelet to sell the club. When they are gone I'll gladly pay for a new sign myself (or maybe we could go halves?!) if I can get enough sponsorship for my proposed Jimmy Seed bike ride.

My grandfather would have been completely shocked and dismayed by what is going on at The Valley.
    I doubt very much if Katrien Meire or Roland Duchatelet know what a debt the club owes to Jimmy Seed, but I sent a copy of his autobiography to Roland in case he's interested.
    Unfortunately I don't think he has enough curiosity about the club or its history to read even one page.
    Fantastic message mate.
  • Options
    BR3red said:

This is all pretty heartbreaking. It's not just a sign is it. Its a symbol up there every time we go to the Valley of what our fathers and grandfathers related to and why, because of them, ultimately many of us support CAFC.

Heartbreaking indeed, BR3red.

I finished reading @masicat's post with a tear in my eye ( the one that's currently open !)

Yet another nail in "their" coffin.

May I put myself forward to assist with the embalming when it finally happens ?

:smile:
  • Options

BR3red said:

This is all pretty heartbreaking. It's not just a sign is it. Its a symbol up there every time we go to the Valley of what our fathers and grandfathers related to and why, because of them, ultimately many of us support CAFC.

Heartbreaking indeed, BR3red.

I finished reading @masicat's post with a tear in my eye ( the one that's currently open !)

Yet another nail in "their" coffin.

May I put myself forward to assist with the embalming when it finally happens ?

:smile:
    Their will be a long, but joyous queue for that process
  • Options

Just to put the new club style in perspective. Sue Parkes son Mark has apparently just told Jimmy Seed's grandson ' oh f##k off you stupid w##nk#r' as part of an ongoing twitter rant. Maybe they could paint that on the stand instead?

Its actually Tony Parkes and to be fair to him he has had Nick Gray pressing his buttons for a while.
  • Options

Just to put the new club style in perspective. Sue Parkes son Mark has apparently just told Jimmy Seed's grandson ' oh f##k off you stupid w##nk#r' as part of an ongoing twitter rant. Maybe they could paint that on the stand instead?

Its actually Tony Parkes and to be fair to him he has had Nick Gray pressing his buttons for a while.
    Good
  • Options
    Halix said:

_MrDick said:

I'm surprised we haven't had a stand named after our esteemed owner ...

We had the Roland Duchatalet Sofa what more can he want?
    I thought it was called the shit sofa.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!