Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Spain

Comments

• Options
    Heaton or Hart?
    Heaton for me all day long. Better shot stopper and also better distribution, even taking into account Hart's worldy v Slovakia.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Gotta say, I was really against a Southgate being appointed, but if he can get a performance like this out... We look very good.

Nothing at stake. The big teams in Europe treat friendlies as public practice matches.
  • Options
    Remember when we beat Spain 1-0? They went on to win the Euros while we only reached the Quarter Finals a year later.
  • Options
    We are one of the best counter attacking international teams, we just rarely get a chance to play that way
  • Options

We are one of the best counter attacking international teams, we just rarely get a chance to play that way

Agree. Even though Spain havnt made the most of it, you can see that they have bags of creativity because EVERY team they play sits against them.
  • Options
    I'm convinced, Alvaro Morata was born offside.

Also, I do wish Glenn would shut up about playing the "Spain way with short 1-2's." Does he know the old 1-2 came long before this Spanish tikka-takka twoddle.

Not really a strong Spanish side this but we've still looked good winning the ball back and passing quickly.
  • Options
    John Stones showing his quality again.
  • Options
    Rashford had a stinker since he's been on.
  • Options
    FFS
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haha standard
  • Options
    Mugs
  • Options

Heaton or Hart?
    Heaton for me all day long. Better shot stopper and also better distribution, even taking into account Hart's worldy v Slovakia.

Take it back. He's shit
  • Options
    Ffs cnuts
  • Options
    I think we'd be raging if that was in a tournament.
  • Options
    Is it wrong that I laughed when it went in?
  • Options
    Journalists will be working late tonight with a few rewrites about the game.

Still a decent result even if Spain don't particularly care about friendlies.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Is it wrong that I laughed when it went in?

After what we've been through over the last few years if we didn't laugh we'd probably go mad
  • Options
    That was a decent performance before all the subs. Means fuck all of course but I enjoy seeing England playing well once in a while.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the tube home. With my daughter so left on 87 mins! FFS! Decent performance I thought.
  • Options
    Classic England. Aspas' goal was class though. Looked a different player to the guy Rodgers signed for Liverpool.
  • Options
    Decent result actually, and Spain were definitely up for it in the second half

We didn't beat Spain, so no OTT getting carried away with how brilliant we are, but promising signs in attack. Southgate should get the job now, can't do any worse than the other available candidates and at least there's some continuity.
  • Options
    England do a Charlton ((:<)
  • Options
    Southgate for the job? I cant say i can think of one person id really want the FA to go all out and get.
  • Options
    He'll do, which is as much as I care about england and football right now
  • Options
    I hear that RS was on the touchline giving Southgate tactical advice over subs & what to do being 2-0 up with 5 mins to play.
  • Options
    If Walcott scores when one on one at 2-0, England would have gone on to win at a canter!! Funny old game and all that.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Players getting pelters on the back pages of the papers this morning for doing the mannequin.

I know it was only a Spanish B team that was put out, but I'd have still taken a draw before the match.

I'm not sure about this one, my Palace prejudice comes to the forefront, when it comes to Southgate , although he comes across as humble, and well spoken.

Hodgson was the highest paid manager apparently at the Euros, and look where that got us.

Southgate contract rumoured to be 30k a week, compared to Hodgson 60k, Capello was 120k.

We haven't got a world class 'go to man' who always Bales us out of trouble, which could be argued both ways I guess.

I wish we could get a manager who had managed a top 4 side in the Premiership, or even push the boat out with a kings bonus related ransom and get someone of the Calibre of Klopp or Pochettino , although never going to happen.
  • Options
    It wasn't too bad to be honest. The football that is. I've never seen so many Engand flicks come off in a game; Lingard, Vardy, Lallana, Sterling all linked up really well. We died when they brought on their decent players and we brought off ours though. Rashford had an absolute shocker and Jagielka looked like he didn't know where he was.

Football aside, that match nearly made me suicidal. I don't go to see England much, and I won't again if that's what the friendly atmosphere is like. OK, it was pretty dull when it slowed down in the second half, but Mexican waves, waving phone lights, taking selfies during the match, half and half scarves everywhere and mannequin celebrations. Jesus. Christ. I did spot two Charlton flags though, including a Roland Out one on the top level, so that was pretty satisfying