Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Port Vale | Nov 19 Oct | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Anything other than a win is a terrible result. We need to keep winning the home matches because our away form is very poor.

This is the start of a very difficult run which could see us in the relegation zone by the end of the year.

1-1 Ajose pen
  • Options

Anything other than a win is a terrible result. We need to keep winning the home matches because our away form is very poor.

This is the start of a very difficult run which if we aren't carefully may see us in the relegation zone by the end of the year next week.

1-1 Ajose pen

Fixed that for you...
  • Options

Edited the line up in the preview to reflect the injury to Holmes!!... All seriousness I'd put Hanlan there if Holmes isnt playing

Spent a good minute trying to work out who the fuck the young winger Mendez is that i've never heard of!
    @LouisMend makes his long delayed first team debut ((:>)
  • Options
    I'm actually left footed lads.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

that's OK .. this season some of our lot seem to have two left feet .. AND their bootlaces tied together
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Massive acca now on. Still get Charlton at 14/1 to go down. It would be stupid not to. Possible draw Saturday 1-1 but sorry to say in Bottom 3 by mid December & then its Millwall - Oh Dear. Glass half full or just a realist with the current amateurs in charge.
  • Options
    Rudd
    Lookman Lookman Lookman
    Lookman Lookman Lookman Lookman
    Lookman Ajose Lookman*

* Lookman, Ajose and Rudd available on EBay now

1-2
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

I quite like Port Vale. I remember Tony Naylor and Martin Foyle giving us a tough time at The Valley a few times in the mid 90’s, John Rudge was their manager forever and they had a dumpy little goalkeeper called Paul Musselwhite who had a fairly poor centre parting/curtains haircut, just like the barnet I was sporting at the time. I have a vague memory, which could be wrong, of the Covered End clapping Vale off the pitch after they beat us 3-1 in 1995(?).

Anyway, part of me hopes we win because I detest seeing Charlton in this pub league and still hope that we can somehow fluke our way out of it, despite the idiots at the top doing everything in their power to ruin us.

The other part of me hopes we get thrashed, because a club with an owner who doesn’t care, a disgrace of a CEO, run appallingly from top to bottom, with a thoroughly contemptuous attitude towards its customers, deserves to get thrashed, week in week out, and the people in charge deserve to receive the scorn and anger that comes with that.

On balance, I hope we get thrashed – I’d rather deal with the misery of sitting through another dismal afternoon’s football than let Katrien feel in any way vindicated for her latest absurd episode.

4-0 to The Valiants.

Great - you hate her as much as I do
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LouisMend said:

Good. Are you comfortable playing on the right and cutting in? You and Lookie as inside out wingers would compliment each other nicely.

Also, fancy a job as manager in the second half? We could use one of those as well.
  • Options
    Pretty pleased to be going to a gig instead. And I'm very hard to tear away from a league game at The Valley
  • Options
    What gig?
  • Options

Charlton Athletic v Port Vale
    Saturday 19th November … 3pm Kick-Off
    Referee: Richard Clark (Northumberland)

Introduction

They always say a week is a long time in Football yet this week in particular has felt extremely long… Last Saturday saw the Addicks making their first appearance on TV this season and on that showing you have to pray it’ll be the last appearance. Despite missing four players, the Charlton performance was embarrassing to say the least with the 3-0 scoreline our worst of the season.

48-hours later and we received the surprising news that Russell Slade had been sacked… Just four wins this season proved to be not good enough and the revolving door swung once more. Communication has been a key word under our current regime yet there appears to be no news about an incoming replacement, nor does there appear to be any news about who’ll be in charge this Saturday… Our opponents much be loving this, I doubt Port Vale have ever had an easier run up to a match in their history.

The Opposition
    Name: Port Vale | Manager: Bruno Ribeiro
    Reverse Fixture: Port Vale 1-1 Charlton Athletic

Well now this is strange, we all know that we have to face all League One teams home and away yet for both fixtures to come in such a short space of time is certainly unusual. Of course though it’s something that’s not happened before, back in the days of proper Football, the Addicks would face a team away from home and then the following week they’d play that exact same team at home… Plymouth Argyle (not our latest opponents) are a perfect example of this, on Boxing Day 1960 we faced them in the West Country and lost 6-4, the very next day we played them at the Valley… and won 6-4.

The situation isn’t as extreme this time round (as Charlton would take longer than 90mins to score six times in a match) yet one month ago we travelled to Port Vale and for the majority of the match it looked assured that the Addicks would pick up their second away victory of the season… Sadly our typical form shone through and the Valliant’s managed to earn a draw following a late penalty. Since that fixture; Port Vale have continued to surprise many in the League, other than a brief drop to 11th, they’ve remained in and around the Play-Off positions and appear to be one of the surprise packages this season.

Charlton Team News
    Rather difficult to work out who’ll be pulling on the red shirt this weekend seeing that we don’t even know who’ll be in the dugout… The good news is that Ademola Lookman should return after International Duty along with Jordan Botaka who both appear to have come through unscathed. Josh Magennis on the other hand was injured against Croatia on Tuesday night so could be a doubt whilst Ricky Holmes (deemed 50/50 for our match against Swindon) is hopefully closer to a return.

Rudd
    Solly | Bauer | Pearce | Fox
    Mendez | Crofts | Ulvestad | Botaka
    Lookman | Ajose

Substitutes Bench: Phillips | Konsa | Teixeira | Jackson | Foley | Novak | Hanlan

Prediction
    It’s impossible to see a win for Charlton this weekend as matters off the pitch continue to overshadow matters on the pitch, quite simply a draw is the best we can hope for but even that will be a huge achievement.
    Who's Mendez mate?
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Charlton Athletic v Port Vale
    Saturday 19th November … 3pm Kick-Off
    Referee: Richard Clark (Northumberland)

Introduction

They always say a week is a long time in Football yet this week in particular has felt extremely long… Last Saturday saw the Addicks making their first appearance on TV this season and on that showing you have to pray it’ll be the last appearance. Despite missing four players, the Charlton performance was embarrassing to say the least with the 3-0 scoreline our worst of the season.

48-hours later and we received the surprising news that Russell Slade had been sacked… Just four wins this season proved to be not good enough and the revolving door swung once more. Communication has been a key word under our current regime yet there appears to be no news about an incoming replacement, nor does there appear to be any news about who’ll be in charge this Saturday… Our opponents much be loving this, I doubt Port Vale have ever had an easier run up to a match in their history.

The Opposition
    Name: Port Vale | Manager: Bruno Ribeiro
    Reverse Fixture: Port Vale 1-1 Charlton Athletic

Well now this is strange, we all know that we have to face all League One teams home and away yet for both fixtures to come in such a short space of time is certainly unusual. Of course though it’s something that’s not happened before, back in the days of proper Football, the Addicks would face a team away from home and then the following week they’d play that exact same team at home… Plymouth Argyle (not our latest opponents) are a perfect example of this, on Boxing Day 1960 we faced them in the West Country and lost 6-4, the very next day we played them at the Valley… and won 6-4.

The situation isn’t as extreme this time round (as Charlton would take longer than 90mins to score six times in a match) yet one month ago we travelled to Port Vale and for the majority of the match it looked assured that the Addicks would pick up their second away victory of the season… Sadly our typical form shone through and the Valliant’s managed to earn a draw following a late penalty. Since that fixture; Port Vale have continued to surprise many in the League, other than a brief drop to 11th, they’ve remained in and around the Play-Off positions and appear to be one of the surprise packages this season.

Charlton Team News
    Rather difficult to work out who’ll be pulling on the red shirt this weekend seeing that we don’t even know who’ll be in the dugout… The good news is that Ademola Lookman should return after International Duty along with Jordan Botaka who both appear to have come through unscathed. Josh Magennis on the other hand was injured against Croatia on Tuesday night so could be a doubt whilst Ricky Holmes (deemed 50/50 for our match against Swindon) is hopefully closer to a return.

Rudd
    Solly | Bauer | Pearce | Fox
    Mendez | Crofts | Ulvestad | Botaka
    Lookman | Ajose

Substitutes Bench: Phillips | Konsa | Teixeira | Jackson | Foley | Novak | Hanlan

Prediction
    It’s impossible to see a win for Charlton this weekend as matters off the pitch continue to overshadow matters on the pitch, quite simply a draw is the best we can hope for but even that will be a huge achievement.
    Who's Mendez mate?
    Oh right Louis lol
  • Options
    Slide's gone so we'll play a slightly more attacking formation and win 7-0.
    You heard it here first…
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

What gig?

Spratleys Japs playing live for the first time ever, 17 years after releasing one of my favourite albums ever. It's something of a big deal
  • Options
    Leuth said:

SDAddick said:

What gig?

Spratleys Japs playing live for the first time ever, 17 years after releasing one of my favourite albums ever. It's something of a big deal
    Awesome, sounds fun music nerd, enjoy yourself!
  • Options
    2-0 Charlton win and everyone worships the new caretaker..... lol 2nd part might not happen ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am so upset and angry with the club right now I will be ducking this one!
  • Options

Massive acca now on. Still get Charlton at 14/1 to go down. It would be stupid not to. Possible draw Saturday 1-1 but sorry to say in Bottom 3 by mid December & then its Millwall - Oh Dear.

16/1 with Paddy Power
  • Options
    Absolutely nothing planned for tomorrow. Think I'll paint the bathroom.
  • Options
    Working tomorrow. I was wondering why I'm doing it as my overtime rate is crap. Really not bothered about missing the game, sadly. TBH the unveiling of the memorial sounds like it will be more interesting. Think a draw will be an over-achievement for our depleted rudderless squad.
  • Options
    Who is Mendez?
  • Options

Who is Mendez?

Louis Mendez... News Shopper reporter who is a Charlton fan yet I started a joking rumour over the summer when we played Bromley saying he's a Palace fan.

I thought Id make his life worse by putting him in the squad this Saturday... Not that anyone deserves to be insulted like that ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Who is Mendez?

Louis Mendez... News Shopper reporter who is a Charlton fan yet I started a joking rumour over the summer when we played Bromley saying he's a Palace fan.

I thought Id make his life worse by putting him in the squad this Saturday... Not that anyone deserves to be insulted like that ;)
    I reckon @louismend would be a better bet than Crofts or Foley. He'd certainly be quicker!
  • Options

Who is Mendez?

I reckon @louismend would be a better bet than Crofts or Foley. He'd certainly be quicker!
    Only at typing!