Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas Markets

2»

Comments

• Options
    i can personally not recommend le touquet
  • Options
    I wouldn't bother with Nuremberg. It is awash with people and over-hyped. I am told that if you are in deepest Germany, Stuttgart has a good one. Dresden's is a bit meh, but it has other attractions. Prague? Pale version of the German ones, but if you are there in Old Town Square and there is snow, you cannot help but be entranced.
  • Options
    I know it's not abroad but if you like Christmas markets and get the opportunity then take a trip to the German Market in Birmingham, this is the largest market of its kind outside of Germany or Austria.

http://www.germanchristmasmarketbirmingham.com/
  • Options
    Lived in Germany for 5 years and they know how to do 'Christkindlmarkt'. Bit of a drive though, although Cologne and Trier are doable from the ports I guess. Did Vienna and Salzburg last year, simply stunning. Off to Hamburg in mid-December to sample their 5 markets. Whether or not I can convince the missus to visit the 'adult' Xmas Market on the Reeperbahn is a different matter though!

Went to the Birmingham market two yeas ago and was disappointed. Fairly big but just mobbed.