Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Please vote for Valiant Place and if I win I'll donate a chunk to the Protest Fund!

Comments

• Options
    Rob said:

Done x2.

Thanks Rob!
  • Options
    Now 282 votes
  • Options
    Still well ahead

Valiant Place | Votes 285
    avant-garde | Votes 223
    YERRA HEIGHTS | Votes 194
  • Options
    done
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    @ElfsborgAddick have you signed this yet?
  • Options
    Done
  • Options

No.
  • Options
    voted.
  • Options
    Bump – current votes are
    Valiant Place 299
    avant-garde 224
    YERRA HEIGHTS 194
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Come on, peeps ..... the next vote will be number 300.

• Options

No.
    Then get on with it man! In your world of work you've probably got more than one email...
  • Options

No.
    Then get on with it man! In your world of work you've probably got more than one email...
    I didn't like Canberra when I went, so that is the reason I'm not sticking my name down!
  • Options

No.
    I didn't like Canberra when I went, so that is the reason I'm not sticking my name down!
    Who were they playing elfs
  • Options
    clb74 said:

No.
    Who were they playing elfs
    2001, A president's XI v England, another game we lost in that series.
  • Options

No.
    That's fair enough, but if I were to say that Gungahlin is currently in the midst of building a brand new light rail system.....
  • Options
    Done. Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks again to everyone that has voted.

New entries can no longer be submitted and voting closes on 17th December.

A couple of entries near the top have disappeared, Monarch and Rosethorn. Not sure why but there could be other developments with the same name so perhaps they've been taken down because they ultimately won't get chosen.

Here's the top 6:

Valiant Place | Votes 304
    avant-garde | Votes 243
    Altjira (Towers) | Votes 228
    YERRA HEIGHTS | Votes 196
    Stellar | Votes 117
    Estella | Votes 103

Altjira is a good name, clearly with an Aboriginal theme and is looking like strong competition. If I could change the blurb I had to write about mine I would, it sucks!

Here's the link again if anyone wants to vote for Valiant Place - thanks again!

https://www.youcannameit.com.au/pages/entry/958
  • Options
    Tom said:

Done. Good luck.

Cheers Tom!
  • Options
    Well Altjira has gone gangbusters and has stormed to first place. Valiant Place is now down to 3rd with only 1 day left for voting.

From tomorrow it's down to the judges but we won't find out the winner until the end of January.

I'm really happy with a top 6 finish so thanks again to everyone that voted for me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A Valiant effort in any case.
    Then again, "Addicks" might have done better?!
  • Options

Yes really grateful for everyone's votes. I might have got more votes for Roland Out House!
  • Options
    The trouble with using something from ethnic beliefs is somebody is bound to kick up a fuss about it at some stage and that could cost the developers money and goodwill. 'altjira' may not be the threat you think it is.
  • Options

Yes really grateful for everyone's votes. I might have got more votes for Roland's Outhouse!
  • Options
    Bad news, Valiant Place didn't win but thanks for all your votes.

In the end the judges chose Air Towers which is a pretty crap name in my opinion - and it only got 9 votes so the whole voting thing was clearly bullshit.

Thanks again to everyone that voted, I do appreciate your help.
  • Options

In the end the judges chose Air Towers which is a pretty crap name in my opinion - and it only got 9 votes so the whole voting thing was clearly bullshit.

9 votes FFS! clearly a waste of time running a comp if you ignore all the popular choices.

• Options
    Presumably the architect was a Mr Air????
  • Options

I suggest that you protest through the streets getting all your mates creative with placards and signs.

Should all else fail create a petition, they usually work wonders
  • Options
    Skulduggery at his finest
  • Options

That's shocking! As we have seen of late....when people dont get their own way, they protest and sign petitions.....I suggest we all do the same and ask RD if he can use some of that £11M he has burning a hole in his pocket, to send us down under so we can protest!