Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Solly out for "a number of months"

edited November 2016 in General Charlton
http://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/11283/another-big-injury-blow-charlton-athletic-chris-solly-ruled/

"Charlton have been hit with another major injury blow as Chris Solly is expected to be out for a number of months with a knee injury.

The right-back picked it up in the 3-0 defeat at Swindon Town but stayed on for the full 90 minutes.

Solly sat out Saturday’s 2-0 win over Port Vale and the 25-year-old is not expected to return before Christmas.

It is the second significant first-teamer to be ruled out for the Addicks, with Ricky Holmes (broken foot) expected to miss the next two months."

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Does this club ever get simple short term injuries? Seems like the minimum injury term for any of our players is 2 months.
  • Options
    Typically vague description of the type of knee injury. Hope it's not his ACL.
  • Options
    Why is it a number of months rather than two months like it is with Holmes... Not saying that the club arent communicating, rather it sounds a bit worrying - Just hope its something new and not an old injury as he's really got rid of the old knee issues.

Also hope he's back by the end of January as dont want the club having to waste resources on getting a backup Right-Back for Foley!!

If anyone is wondering; If Jackson doesnt play it appears as though Crofts will be the Captain as he took the armband when Jacko went off on Saturday
  • Options

That explains Solly's performance at Swindon, and the lack of tracking back which some saw as him being "disillusioned or not caring".

I imagine Foley's contract will be extended to the end of the season as he is our main RB cover. It does leave us really thin in midfield (if you count Foley as a midfield option which is debatable)

Maybe it'll give Charles-Cook a chance though as technically he's surely the next Right-Midfielder on our books?

Or is he more central now?
  • Options
    Step up Aaron Barnes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get on the phone to Stevie G and Frank, a final achievement to put on their playing CVs :smile:
  • Options

Step up Aaron Barnes.

He was my first thought... Is he ready?
  • Options

Why is it a number of months rather than two months like it is with Holmes... Not saying that the club arent communicating, rather it sounds a bit worrying - Just hope its something new and not an old injury as he's really got rid of the old knee issues.

Also hope he's back by the end of January as dont want the club having to waste resources on getting a backup Right-Back for Foley!!

If anyone is wondering; If Jackson doesnt play it appears as though Crofts will be the Captain as he took the armband when Jacko went off on Saturday

I think Konsa will be the reserve right back.
  • Options
    Konsa can fill in at RB if needed but I do wonder if he will actually make a move into centre midfield. He has all the attributes of Jordan Cousins but is a better footballer.

Foley did ok at the weekend but we would need to recruit in the window - I'd expect a loanee. The window needs to be about recruiting 2 or 3 centre midfielders - one of whom wants to be a playmaker
  • Options
    Luckily we deem strength in depth very importa- Oh.
  • Options

It's not a club statement, it's the SLP.

The injury update on Holmes on the OS was far more detailed than the SLP news story.
  • Options

The injury update on Holmes on the OS was far more detailed than the SLP news story.
    Who told the press though?

Sorry thats what I meant by the communicating
  • Options

Who told the press though?

Sorry thats what I meant by the communicating
    I don't know but Charlton leaks like a sieve especially at the training ground. There would be dozens of players, physios, coaches etc who by now would know the bare bones of Solly's injury and anyone of them could have told the SLP.

It might also have come from Katrien trying to get the local press onside but I doubt it.

Lets see if the OS runs the story this afternoon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not long before the players start injuring themselves just to to avoid the pain of playing.
  • Options
    Good luck with your recovery Chris. With our medical team looking after you you're going to need it.
  • Options
    Meire will be disappointed - can't try to off-load him to Gillingham this winter.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

I'm sure how medical stuff will have him back in no time...

No Solly, No Holmes, No manager, Lookman sold in January. Sounds like a promotion winning season Katrien.

in absolute fairness... Solly and Holmes aren't the clubs fault, their lack of suitable replacements for Holmes don't look great though.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

so sorry for Chris .. at least one player who is Charlton from head to toe and from back to front...

Except in the club he supports.
  • Options
    That is pretty much the rest of the season :'(