Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Solly out for "a number of months"

2»

Comments

• Options

We were led to believe 3 years ago that Solly's Knee injury was the same problem that Ledley king had to endure.
    This is why i have been amazed at how many games he has played since considering he couldn't train every day.
    The sad thing is there isn't a cure for this type of wear and tear injury in 2016.

Hang your heads in shame everyone who said he couldn't be bothered to track back against Swindon.

If it wasn't for this injury Solly would never have played below the championship and might even have got a transfer to the Premier on his form 3 or 4 years ago.

Don't let your hatred of Duchatelet and Meire poision your mind on a loyal servant of CAFC.

I'm not hanging my head in shame, if you're not fit enough to play, you should not play.

He chose to say he was match fit and didn't play well.
  • Options
    Can't say I'm too gutted. Been less than average so far this season and and Foley was a breath or fresh air on Saturday, actually attacked the wingers when he was going forward and wasn't aftaid to cut on to the middle and take the football forward. Maybe it's been his injury holding him back all season but I haven't been impressed.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Will this scupper his west ham move?

All the best for a speedy recovery
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

We were led to believe 3 years ago that Solly's Knee injury was the same problem that Ledley king had to endure.
    This is why i have been amazed at how many games he has played since considering he couldn't train every day.
    The sad thing is there isn't a cure for this type of wear and tear injury in 2016.

Hang your heads in shame everyone who said he couldn't be bothered to track back against Swindon.

If it wasn't for this injury Solly would never have played below the championship and might even have got a transfer to the Premier on his form 3 or 4 years ago.

Don't let your hatred of Duchatelet and Meire poision your mind on a loyal servant of CAFC.

I'm not hanging my head in shame, if you're not fit enough to play, you should not play.

OK Dazzler, just a yellow card for you this time.
    Solly just loves to play and this has to be managed with the medical team.
    Kompany is having similar issues at City (different injury)
    Other players like Sturridge drop out with a broken finger nail.

I'm not sure if Chris have ever been more than 80 % fit for years.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

Sorry mate I don't fully agree with this, players with heart and desire want to play every game which often overrules the brain, that's why I posed the question that some of this blame must be laid at the door of management.

Apparently he had an injection to get him through that Swindon game and he was struggling, so why not sub him after an hour? You don't have to hang your head in shame but let's not forget this player always wants to give his all and the thought of him not being bothered to track back is ridiculous. The mind was willing but the body just was not able!
    In addition if the player agrees he's not fit then he's dropped and the backup takes his place, if the backup then has a worldy and keep his place when the first choice returns from fitness and so finds himself out of the squad.

Not such an issue at Premier League level where money isnt an issue but for League One and League Two players it probably is as these lads do have to think about mortgages and failure at game time will see them potentially released at the end of their Contract and so a slow decline down through the Divisions.

Grant Basey and Gary Borrowdale are surely two Addicks who are perfect examples of this
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    chris solly charlton through and through - even still playing when not match fit is stupidity.
  • Options
    It could also be an example of every day work.

How many of us dont feel 100% yet go into work as "I'll be able to soldier through" but at the end of that day (or half way through) realise being there isnt a good idea and that they should take time off.

Same for a player probably thinking that an injection or just being out there means they'll be able to run it off
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I'm sure how medical stuff will have him back in no time...

No Solly, No Holmes, No manager, Lookman sold in January. Sounds like a promotion winning season Katrien.

in absolute fairness... Solly and Holmes aren't the clubs fault, their lack of suitable replacements for Holmes don't look great though.
    Kind of my point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016

It could also be an example of every day work.

How many of us dont feel 100% yet go into work as "I'll be able to soldier through" but at the end of that day (or half way through) realise being there isnt a good idea and that they should take time off.

Same for a player probably thinking that an injection or just being out there means they'll be able to run it off

I'd agree if they were on Pay as you play contracts.

Most pro footballers have a salary, plus an appearance bonus, then a clean sheet/goals/assists bonus based on their positions etc.

Even at league 2 level they probably get a better annual take home than a lot of us on here.

If you start a game and realise you're not able to play because of pain/illness etc by half time you know that you need to ask to be subbed.

No one would look down on a player for being injured and acknowledging it so a more match fit player can take their place.
  • Options
    p.s :heart: Solly :heart:

Get fit soon!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I'd have thought Solly was under pressure to play at Swindon given the shortage of bodies already.
  • Options
    I don't think Solly has been fully fit for quite a while now. The Solly before his knee problems would have stood out a mile above the mediocrity of this division, but sadly he's not at those levels now.
  • Options
    dabos said:

Typically vague description of the type of knee injury. Hope it's not his ACL.

If he's done his ACL, he wouldn't have been running or even walking on it for the rest of the game after snapping it.

• Options
    Solly injured his knee but stayed on for full 90 minutes! !!!!! Terrible management no wonder Slade was sacked!!!
  • Options
    Oh sh*tbucket, at least Foley out of midfield is a silver lining.

Get well soon Chris, your and Jacko's passion and commitment are pretty much the only things I still love about our club.
  • Options
    Foley is fine at RB, we won the Scunthorpe cup match and on Saturday with him in his correct position
  • Options
    Good luck Solly, hope it's not too serious and the 2 months is realistic recovery.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2016
    We will prob sign a new midfielder to replace him.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Centre half more likely.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Centre half more likely.
    Same size
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Nicholas said:

Centre half more likely.
    Same size
    Nothing wrong with being vertically challenged is there Elfs? All good things come done up in little parcels and all that :wink:
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Foley playing as right-back actually strengthens our midfield

The quintissential example of a comment I want to both "Like" and "Lol." Well done young man.
  • Options

If it wasn't for this injury Solly would never have played below the championship and might even have got a transfer to the Premier on his form of 3 or 4 years ago.

I may be mis-remembering, but wasn't King's problem that the cartilage in his knees were basically worn out, and he'd developed arthritis in the joints as a result? Do you remember where you read that assessment of his knee?
  • Options

Step up Aaron Barnes.

He was my first thought... Is he ready?
    In my opinion, nowhere near ready. I don't even think he's ready to go out on loan. His positioning has been a weakness for the U23s and he will get caught out in this league very quickly.